****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that on February 1st that they had 16 but I think the earlier dates tend to have the bigger groups since everyone is scrambling to get those dates.

As for the interview day itself, RELAX. It is not stressful at all. The faculty and students really put you at ease. They just want to see if you are a good fit for their school. Honestly, this school blew me away. The energy and the vibes I got from the school was so great..I felt like I was living in a dream when I went there for my interview day lol. Your interview will be during lunch time around 11:30-12 and they will start pulling you one by one. After that, they will bring you back to their board room and end the day with a tour of the school which I thought was great. Personally, I feel like I wouldn't have fully focused on the tour since my nerves would have been bad before my personal interview lol. But yeah just be yourself and why you love dentistry. Then, you should be at a good place :)

Hope that helps!
Yeah that makes sense!

And ooh, yeah, that's great that the tour is last haha. I was thinking that it was before the interviews, as it had been for other schools I visited. Def will help me be able to finally relax and focus on the school. Was the interview open file?

Haha I'm excited! I've heard such great things about the school, so I'm hoping for an acceptance :) fingers crossed haha. Thanks again for the information!

Members don't see this ad.

Did they let you know how long after the interview you should hear back?
According to most people, after acceptances start in December, the committee should be meeting every two weeks to review interviewees. Like, the last two acceptance waves on this thread were 1/14 and 1/28, so I'm assuming the next one will be 2/11 or 2/12 or so according to the trend!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that makes sense!

And ooh, yeah, that's great that the tour is last haha. I was thinking that it was before the interviews, as it had been for other schools I visited. Def will help me be able to finally relax and focus on the school. Was the interview open file?

Haha I'm excited! I've heard such great things about the school, so I'm hoping for an acceptance :) fingers crossed haha. Thanks again for the information!

It was a half- closed file. All they have is your list of extracurriculars/ work experience/ shadowing hours along with your personal statement so they will draw some questions from there for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
in the interview did they focus anything specific. any curveballs

I only had a D4 for my interview, and honestly, i felt like i was being interviewed by the Dean! They are well trained. They only advice i have is make sure you know your application well. If you applied back in June it'd be a good idea to look over it, especially your previous work and the number of hours you spent at each.

Overall though, one of the best interview experiences i've had. The staff are very friendly and you can tell they are trying to help you.

in the interview did they focus anything specific. any curveballs

Honestly, the questions all differ depending on who interviews you but for the most part, the questions aren't tricky. They are pretty straightforward. Just know yourself.

Honestly, the questions all differ depending on who interviews you but for the most part, the questions aren't tricky. They are pretty straightforward. Just know yourself.

I agree. There is very little you can do to prepare for it. Although a closed file, the interview is all about you and not general questions.

Went under review on Feb 1. I was first batch. Anyone else's application change to under review?

According to most people, after acceptances start in December, the committee should be meeting every two weeks to review interviewees. Like, the last two acceptance waves on this thread were 1/14 and 1/28, so I'm assuming the next one will be 2/11 or 2/12 or so according to the trend!
I wonder if those of us interviewing on feb 9th would be hearing back the 11th if decisions were given out that week or if that would be too early haha

I wonder if those of us interviewing on feb 9th would be hearing back the 11th if decisions were given out that week or if that would be too early haha

They said that we should find out by February 12th or even a day later (I interviewed this past week)

Members don't see this ad :)
They said that we should find out by February 12th or even a day later (I interviewed this past week)
wow that's so fast! :eek: Did they happen to mention how full the class was so far?

I think so! I remember some people got in a couple days after interviewing, because of how the review process was set up. That's why I picked the earliest date haha, especially since they state that their admissions is rolling (and they seem to stick with it pretty strictly). Are you interviewing on the 9th?

I think so! I remember some people got in a couple days after interviewing, because of how the review process was set up. That's why I picked the earliest date haha, especially since they state that their admissions is rolling (and they seem to stick with it pretty strictly). Are you interviewing on the 9th?
Yes I am!

I hope we find out tomorrow even though they told our group that it was gonna be the 12th! I don't think I can bear waiting another day. I'm going cray cray! Lol but seriously!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope we find out tomorrow even though they told our group that it was gonna be the 12th! I don't think I can bear waiting another day. I'm going cray cray! Lol but seriously!

Ahh! My status changed from invited to interview to received/under review. Did this happen to anyone else? I interviewed feb 1st!

Ahh! My status changed from invited to interview to received/under review. Did this happen to anyone else? I interviewed feb 1st!
i interviewed feb 1st mine still says invited for interview

Same and I only interviewed yesterday... LOL. Struggle is real.

I interviewed on February 2nd and mine still says "invited for interview"

Ah man.. You guys are making me nervous now lol

Ah man.. You guys are making me nervous now lol

I'm sure you are fine!!!! Looking at last year's thread, that is a very good sign! Everyone who got that change on their portal got accepted. I'm scurred now

Mine just changed back to "under review". **nailbiting**

Reactions: 2 users
Ahh you guys are making me so nervous +pity+

Check the mobile portal. Sometimes it changes before the regular one

Reactions: 3 users
Mine's still invited for interview, though I interviewed this week so that could be why.
Regardless, still probably going to be checking my portal every 5 minutes as per usual...

Has anyone who interviewed on the 9th had their status change?

Anyone know what's the acceptance notification method? -- email or phone call?! ... my interview invite email came through pretty late in the evening .. but hoping this sort of a notification would be earlier in the day! :nailbiting::bucktooth:

Anyone know what's the acceptance notification method? -- email or phone call?! ... my interview invite email came through pretty late in the evening .. but hoping this sort of a notification would be earlier in the day! :nailbiting::bucktooth:
I got my acceptance through email at around 4:30 PST

It's by email/change of portal status. And I knowww. Hopefully it will be soon!

Does anyone know what time we could expect the interview to end by?

Status
Not open for further replies.