****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are likely making sure they don't run out of people to admit should others drop their spots. Tufts may have more fluctuation than others because they are a bigger private school on the more pricey end

True that! I'm just getting impatient lol..I don't want to wait another whole year until I start dental school. I want to start this year! God. I sound like a big brat! I am very grateful for my deferred acceptance, but I'm not getting any younger lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

True that! I'm just getting impatient lol..I don't want to wait another whole year until I start dental school. I want to start this year! God. I sound like a big brat! I am very grateful for my deferred acceptance, but I'm not getting any younger lol

hahah I believe I interviewed with you - I recall you or noodak posted your interview date. Are you going to only apply to Tufts next cycle if you have to apply again?

hahah I believe I interviewed with you - I recall you or noodak posted your interview date. Are you going to only apply to Tufts next cycle if you have to apply again?

Lol! Wait did you interview on feb 2nd? And I'm not reapplying if that happens. I have an acceptance from Tufts but since the class is full this cycle, they deferred my acceptance until next year and put me on the high priority list this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol! Wait did you interview on feb 2nd? And I'm not reapplying if that happens. I have an acceptance from Tufts but since the class is full this cycle, they deferred my acceptance until next year and put me on the high priority list this cycle.

Oh never mind, I interviewed later! I see. Well at least you have plenty of time to relax before the grind starts!!

Oh never mind, I interviewed later! I see. Well at least you have plenty of time to relax before the grind starts!!

OO gotcha. And yeah that's true. I need to stop complaining lol

It's weird that they overestimated the class size by giving out too many acceptances...
This happens fairly often. It's an art and a science for adcoms to offer just the right number of seats and predict their yield. Last year UConn offered too few seats and only ended up with 42 people, when they wanted a few more. This year they ended up with 51, and the max capacity is 52 (I think) given our new pre-clin lab. Stuff like this happens unfortunately.

The admissions office said there hasn't been movement off the wait list and the class is pretty much full. The next committee meeting for them is in May.
They're probably waiting until after the April 15 deposit deadline. This next question is for anyone: so does the order go waitlist-->deferred acceptance-->acceptance? Currently I'm on the regular waitlist but I want to start this year. Would I be offered a deferred acceptance before a regular acceptance? Thanks!

This happens fairly often. It's an art and a science for adcoms to offer just the right number of seats and predict their yield. Last year UConn offered too few seats and only ended up with 42 people, when they wanted a few more. This year they ended up with 51, and the max capacity is 52 (I think) given our new pre-clin lab. Stuff like this happens unfortunately.

Hmm..it's just so odd to me how they have this figured out. Oh well...it is what it is! Thanks for your insight btw

Reactions: 1 user
They're probably waiting until after the April 15 deposit deadline. This next question is for anyone: so does the order go waitlist-->deferred acceptance-->acceptance? Currently I'm on the regular waitlist but I want to start this year. Would I be offered a deferred acceptance before a regular acceptance? Thanks!

Hmm..I don't think there is an order to it. All I know is that the first priority waitlist (those who received a deferred acceptance and took it) is where they will be picking from first before they even touch the regular waitlist. The class definitely overfilled up way too early this cycle and I think they really liked a lot of interviewees when it happened so they came up with the deferred acceptance offer. I don't think that they gave out a bunch of deferred acceptances because than it will really skew up next cycle's applicants who are applying. Btw, I'm not saying that they won't give out more deferred acceptances. There is still hope! They just gave some out like last week. Plus, people are still giving up their deferred acceptances too.

Last edited:
Hmm..I don't think there is an order to it. All I know is that the first priority waitlist (those who received a deferred acceptance and took it) is where they will be picking from first before they even touch the regular waitlist. The class definitely overfilled up way too early this cycle and I think they really liked a lot of interviewees when it happened so they came up with the deferred acceptance offer. I don't think that they gave out a bunch of deferred acceptances because than it will really skew up next cycle's applicants who are applying. Btw, I'm not saying that they won't give out more deferred acceptances. There is still hope! They just gave some out like last week. Plus, people are still giving up their deferred acceptances too.

Thanks for your insight!

The person I talked to didn't specify the regular wait list vs priority wait list number but I'm guessing there are a lot of people on the wait list. There has been no movement yet for either wait list and she said yes you can move up from the regular wait list to a deferred acceptance. I don't know how hopeful to be however. I think you guys on the deferred wait list have a great shot if not you will start for DMD 2021 which is still amazing. Keep your heads up!!

My interview date was 2/18 btw

The person I talked to didn't specify the regular wait list vs priority wait list number but I'm guessing there are a lot of people on the wait list. There has been no movement yet for either wait list and she said yes you can move up from the regular wait list to a deferred acceptance. I don't know how hopeful to be however. I think you guys on the deferred wait list have a great shot if not you will start for DMD 2021 which is still amazing. Keep your heads up!!

Thanks for the update!

For those of you who received deferred acceptances, did your email/letter mention anything about starting to take general classes with the class of 2020 or you're simply starting in 2021?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who received deferred acceptances, did your email/letter mention anything about starting to take general classes with the class of 2020 or you're simply starting in 2021?

It said that we would start in 2021 if not accepted for this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users

I was told there are a little less than 50 people on the waitlist, and in previous years they have accepted up to 25 people off of the waitlist. I wouldn't consider that to be a long waitlist compared to other schools who have at least 100

Reactions: 2 users
I was told there are a little less than 50 people on the waitlist, and in previous years they have accepted up to 25 people off of the waitlist. I wouldn't consider that to be a long waitlist compared to other schools who have at least 100
is this for both the priority wait list and regular combined or just the regular waitlist?

is this for both the priority wait list and regular combined or just the regular waitlist?
When I called the admissions this morning they did not differentiate between a priority waitlist and a regular waitlist, they just spoke about their waitlisted applicants as a whole.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the update. I wonder when they filled the entirety of the class. Guess people really liked the school/program haha

this is a stupid and probably a redundant question but people on the regular waitlist do not have to pay any deposit fees, correct? (unless admitted for 2020/deferred for 2021). sorry i keep posting on this thread like almost everyday and annoying people, i'm just super anxious and tired of people in my family thinking I'm not good enough for dental school :(

this is a stupid and probably a redundant question but people on the regular waitlist do not have to pay any deposit fees, correct? (unless admitted for 2020/deferred for 2021). sorry i keep posting on this thread like almost everyday and annoying people, i'm just super anxious and tired of people in my family thinking I'm not good enough for dental school :(
yeah people on the regular wait list do not pay any deposits or fees.

Don't ever let people make you feel that way especially your family! They don't even know how hard it is to get in. Tufts is one of the hardest schools to get into with their low acceptance rate so getting a waitlist spot here is a big accomplishment. Are you Asian btw? Lol..this all sounds too familiar to me (I'm Asian too )

Reactions: 5 users
Don't ever let people make you feel that way especially your family! They don't even know how hard it is to get in. Tufts is one of the hardest schools to get into with their low acceptance rate so getting a waitlist spot here is a big accomplishment. Are you Asian btw? Lol..this all sounds too familiar to me (I'm Asian too )

Indian, we're pretty much the same :) thank you for the encouraging words!!

Just dropped my seat. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users

PREACH

Accepted off of deferred acceptance list!! Interviewed Feb 2nd.

Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Good luck to those deferred/ waitlisted!

Reactions: 4 users
congrats to everyone getting acceptances! so I guess the second deposit deadline was the 1st and not the 15th?

congrats to everyone getting acceptances! so I guess the second deposit deadline was the 1st and not the 15th?

No, it's still april 15th

so i just called tufts and Danielle said that they contacted the people who had multiple deposits (good to know that they were some people that did this so its possible more seats will open up) and they have 15 days to pick so there should be more movement once this happens combined with the second deposit on the 15th. i have hope!! :luck::xf:

so i just called tufts and Danielle said that they contacted the people who had multiple deposits (good to know that they were some people that did this so its possible more seats will open up) and they have 15 days to pick so there should be more movement once this happens combined with the second deposit on the 15th. i have hope!! :luck::xf:

Ahh thanks for letting us know! **fingers crossed**

Movement For regular wait listers as well?

Woohoo! I got accepted into class of 2020 from deferred acceptance :D good luck everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
All has been too quiet today lol. Has anyone heard anything?

Nada. the light at the end of the tunnel is dimming down for me haha :whoa:
yup i feel ya. i paid them 1500$ and another 500$ on april 15th and i might not even get in for class of 2020. :mad:

yup i feel ya. i paid them 1500$ and another 500$ on april 15th and i might not even get in for class of 2020. :mad:

Yeah but it does go towards our tuition. Wait..so are you going to LECOM if tufts doesn't work out this cycle?

Nada. the light at the end of the tunnel is dimming down for me haha :whoa:

Aww man! It is only Monday though.. And April 15th is in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.