***The Official UNC Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

A current student that helped with admissions said that they called half or less than half today. We have to remember that some people offered acceptances won't say yes and will go elsewhere so they should call the other half or so in January after they have the last interview.
I just wonder why they call only half? Nonetheless, I wait patiently. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who haven’t heard back yet, does your portal status say Application complete?

Just got an email from UNC that they did indeed fill 70 spots yesterday. The waitlist will be made and the class finalized after the January interview date.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the enrollment rate of UNC? Like of the total acceptances offered, what % actually enrolls?

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea has anyone gotten a call yet for it? I’m hopeful that I will. I want to stay in NC so bad.

Yea has anyone gotten a call yet for it? I’m hopeful that I will. I want to stay in NC so bad.
I'd say keep an eye on your email, I know for the October interviews they sent out the invites a little less than a month beforehand, so the January ones should be coming soon if they haven't already.

Anyone know when they’ll be sending out deposit information? Is that in an email to come or the acceptance packet?

Anyone know when they’ll be sending out deposit information? Is that in an email to come or the acceptance packet?
I was told that the packets would be sent in the mail on Wednesday. So hopefully soon!

I just got an email saying my acceptance package will be sent in the mail, but I did not get a call on the 2nd or a acceptance email. Is this an error or did I get accepted?

To everyone who get the email without getting a call: Someone called to check with admissions and they said it was a mistake

Cold move UNC

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email saying my acceptance package will be sent in the mail, but I did not get a call on the 2nd or a acceptance email. Is this an error or did I get accepted?
False alarm, she sent it to the wrong listserv. I got it too and have already made a call. Sorry about that.

I opened my email and saw the acceptance packet thing and then the apology email loaded.....I've never experienced such a wild swing of emotions in less than five seconds

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone think that response was weird? I mean the grammar was bad and it was so insincere

Reactions: 1 users
Also anyone have any ice how many people that was sent to? We must be in some sort of group.... like my email had my name in it and everything..

Also anyone have any ice how many people that was sent to? We must be in some sort of group.... like my email had my name in it and everything..
I'm sure it was sent to everyone who was interviewed and didn't get the call on December 2nd. They messed up big time. The name is like auto-generated w some program

ya I'm even more shocked in the way they handled it and their insincerity in the whole thing. we weren't even given the right to have an apology email with proper grammar lol

That’s what I think. I get that mistakes happen but we deserve a real apology. I saw that email immediately and thought for 30 minutes I was accepted, just to see that

I do appreciate the proper apology from Dr. Reside to say the least. I will remain optimistic.

Reactions: 3 users
I think they have a bot that sends the emails out and the bot fills out the name from a list. At least on mine, the font for my name did not match the rest of the email. And it's the only "personalized" part of the email.

I opened my email and saw the acceptance packet thing and then the apology email loaded.....I've never experienced such a wild swing of emotions in less than five seconds
Ya, I was at work when I saw the first email and was extremely happy and confused. Then minutes later saw the apology and immediately was espresso depresso. I imagine whatever they are using to send out those mass emails must be something new for them. Maybe...

Just got the email invite for the January interview! Anyone else going on 1/11?

Has anyone that was invited to the January interview gotten an email with more details about the day of the interview?

Has anyone that was invited to the January interview gotten an email with more details about the day of the interview?
Nothing yet over here! I'm feeling like we'll hear something between tomorrow and Friday

Last edited:
I got a confirmation email on that thursday the 12th

Anyone have an idea of how many people will be at the interview in January?

I got a confirmation email on that thursday the 12th

Anyone have an idea of how many people will be at the interview in January?
Those on the active review list were sent an email saying that about 40 people would be at the January date.