UNC ASOD Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

You know one of us could go into the UNC class of 2028 chat on facebook and find out if anyone from 5 January got accepted already and end our madness lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so do we think they are calling today bc they usually start around 8 am?

Maybe they’ve already notified everyone? Didn’t the email say we can email about advising no earlier than February 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like we would’ve seen people say they heard back today either on here or somewhere else? I thought for sure it would be today when they told people though so idk

I feel like we would’ve seen people say they heard back today either on here or somewhere else? I thought for sure it would be today when they told people though so idk

I’ve emailed them so let’s see what they say

Reactions: 2 users
Just be patient. I understand it’s frustrating to feel in a limbo but patience is a very important trait to have, especially as a future dentist ;) no amount of observations will tell you much
thank you...

Reactions: 1 users
Well, one of my friends who is a current DDS student just talked with one of the faculty members and she said they have offered more seats today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats strange because all of the current students I spoke to today said that they didn't release admission decisions today. Lets just wait and see!

Thats strange because all of the current students I spoke to today said that they didn't release admission decisions today. Lets just wait and
My friend who is a 3rd year DDS student at UNC just talked with one of the committee members and she said they have offered more seats but the class is not full yet!
That’s all I know. But it’s so weird to me because no one in FB or sdn hasn’t heard anything!

i
My friend who is a 3rd year DDS student at UNC just talked with one of the committee members and she said they have offered more seats but the class is not full yet!
That’s all I know. But it’s so weird to me because no one in FB or sdn hasn’t heard anything!
did they say if they are calling more today or is it ongoing for a while?

Well, one of my friends who is a current DDS student just talked with one of the faculty members and she said they have offered more seats today!
One of my friends is on the committee and said this is not correct and that they have not made any more calls since Dec 15….?

I spoke to a current D1 who said he didn’t think the second wave of acceptances went out yet.

Current D3 just told me last years second wave went out around March 5th…

Current D3 just told me last years second wave went out around March 5th…

No last year’s we can check on SDN class of 2027 page. Last years went out Feb 1, the year before (class of 2026) went out Feb 7th

When I called Admissions on thursday they said the delay was because people got sick in the admissions office or something like that

Pretty sure some time this week? Also heard that there was a week delay

No last year’s we can check on SDN class of 2027 page. Last years went out Feb 1, the year before (class of 2026) went out Feb 7th
Yea I thought she might be mistaken bc UNC would lose many candidates if they waited that long.
I just spoke with a faculty member and they said “soon” lol

How are people getting in contact with admissions via phone, has anyone heard back via email from anyone in admissions? I’m thinking about emailing tomorrow

How are people getting in contact with admissions via phone, has anyone heard back via email from anyone in admissions? I’m thinking about emailing tomorrow

I emailed this morning. Haven’t heard anything yet

They didn't answer today and their voicemail became full but the umber is online if you look up "UNC DDS admissions phone number"

So it should probably be some time this week then?

second round already went out. I know a few adcom ppl and that’s what they said. The only reason why someone may be offered from this point out is if someone else declined their seat. The reason why no one has said anything online is bc not as many people use forums anymore and those that do probably lurk. time to move on

Do you know when it went out?

So it should probably be some time this week then?
seems like that's the case, thou
second round already went out. I know a few adcom ppl and that’s what they said. The only reason why someone may be offered from this point out is if someone else declined their seat. The reason why no one has said anything online is bc not as many people use forums anymore and those that do probably lurk. 🤷🏼 time to move on
I spoke with someone on the Adcom tonight and they said the second wave hasn’t gone out….not denying what you said, just sharing

I have from intel from Dr. Reside so I mean 😭 ik some adcom people did not hear about it and I think that’s where the confusion is. But it is done
Sooooo you’re claiming Dr. Reside told you before he told some of his own faculty and adcom staff… sounds totally legit

Reactions: 9 users
He actually did tell some of his own adcom staff who told me & some other ppl ik who are also waiting. Dr. Ahmed is also a credible source. No need to be bitter because you want to keep your hopes up
When was it then? It wasn’t Thursday for sure

second round already went out. I know a few adcom ppl and that’s what they said. The only reason why someone may be offered from this point out is if someone else declined their seat. The reason why no one has said anything online is bc not as many people use forums anymore and those that do probably lurk. 🤷🏼 time to move on
Bro. Says the person who lurks on multiple threads…. Maybe people would be more inclined to value your “intel” if you didn’t pop onto a *public* forum with such an apathetic, demeaning and disrespectful attitude/vocabulary towards other people *who you don’t know* and their aspirations. But what do I know 🤷🏻

Reactions: 6 users
Bro. Says the person who lurks on multiple threads…. Maybe people would be more inclined to value your “intel” if you didn’t pop onto a *public* forum with such an apathetic, demeaning and disrespectful attitude/vocabulary towards other people *who you don’t know* and their aspirations. But what do I know 🤷🏻
This ^

Just received an email back from admissions. They said the last calls haven’t been made due to illnesses in the office and will be done this week and if not this week, in the next two weeks!

Just received an email back from admissions. They said the last calls haven’t been made due to illnesses in the office and will be done this week and if not this week, in the next two weeks!
Thank the lord.
Do they mean the whole second wave hasn’t been done or just a few last calls out of that wave?

Glad they haven’t called yet but man what a wide timeline to simply just call people and say they got in 😂

Reactions: 3 users
Just called admissions. They haven’t sent out any acceptances since Dec 15. Rest easy!

at the Jan 6 interview, they apparently told applicants that the next round of acceptances would be all/majority of people from that interview day, to give them all a fair shot of being considered. Anyone have any insight into that still being the case?

What? Seriously? That’s new! Cause we weren’t told anything like that last year. I had a post Dec interview last cycle

how's about everyone just chill out and take a break from sdn and just trust the process?
all this drama is not healthy...

Reactions: 2 users