UNC ASOD Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got my phone call!!! 8:17 am EST. I'm so excited because this was my number 1 pick!!! Good luck to everyone else, my interviewer said that I was his first call today so they should be rolling now :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my phone call!!! 8:17 am EST. I'm so excited because this was my number 1 pick!!! Good luck to everyone else, my interviewer said that I was his first call today so they should be rolling now :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was it an interviewer of yours?

I got my call around 8:30 this morning from my interviewer! Here is the facebook group for anyone who wants to join.

I got my call around 8:30 this morning from my interviewer! Here is the facebook group for anyone who wants to join.

Are those all new students in the group chat?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people did they send offers to?

Did anyone get waitlisted? I haven't received any communication yet.

usually, decisions are sent out on two separate days for UNC (once on the first decision day and then again a few weeks after the January interview date). They don't continuously call so we probably won't be hearing from them until the end of January/the beginning of Feb.

Gotcha, thanks! Do we by any chance receive any other notification from then about waitlist/rejection in the meantime or just wait?

Are those all new students in the group chat?
The group is run by the previous years class president. Most of the people in the group are from the class of 2026. Class of 2027 will start to trickle in as they are confirmed as accepted to UNC and added to the group

Am i remembering correctly that lunch in the cafeteria is free for dental students?

Am i remembering correctly that lunch in the cafeteria is free for dental students?
No, no free lunch in the cafeteria. Lots of clubs have lunch and learns and outside vendors sponsor events with free food fairly often.

So I got my acceptance packet a little while ago and it doesn't really contain any financial aid info that is specific to me. Would I just contact the financial aid office and ask about it?

if writing a letter of intent, how much does it increase your chances?

Hi!
Hoping to hear from someone who did interviews already. What did you wear to Pizza Social? Would nice button down shirt, dress pants and shoes be fine? Thanks!

Hi!
Hoping to hear from someone who did interviews already. What did you wear to Pizza Social? Would nice button down shirt, dress pants and shoes be fine? Thanks!
Nice casual. Jeans/khakis, polo, etc. Most current students will be in either scrubs or nice casual or school t-shirts

For those who got an interview invite for Jan 7. Have you received the follow up email with the instructions for the day ?

Did anyone hear when the next round of decisions will come out at the interview?

Did anyone hear when the next round of decisions will come out at the interview?
February was being tossed around amongst the applicants but I’m not too sure how true that is. I think last year, the January interviews heard in February though

February was being tossed around amongst the applicants but I’m not too sure how true that is. I think last year, the January interviews heard in February though
The e-mail that was sent to applicants that interviewed pre-December but did not receive an acceptance said that the admissions cycle will close in late January, and applicants that were denied can inquire about how to improve their applications beginning in February. I'm speculating that we'll hear back between Monday next week (end of 30 day mark for applicants to accept a seat in the class) and the end of January (based on their e-mail).

has anyone been able to get in contact with admissions recently? i have some questions about commitment as the deadline is soon and no one answers emails or calls

did anyone who is currently waitlisted also have problems with the survey today and yesterday? i think it closed early, before i could respond so i emailed admissions

if I understand correctly, Jan 16 - Feb 1st is when any waitlisted applicants may hear back. Jan 16 was the last day to submit the survey indicating continue interest and Feb 1 is when they begin speaking with those who were denied about how to improve the application. Thus, if I don't hear back from UNC by Feb 1st, I'm guessing its safe to assume I didn't get in. Thoughts?

to anyone who interviewed post December - does your AADSAS application say invited for interview? or received/under review?

Has anyone heard back from UNC yet?

No but my aadsas status did change to Invited for Interview recently although i interviewed a few weeks ago…not sure if this means anything. Does yours say under review or Invited for interview?

No but my aadsas status did change to Invited for Interview recently although i interviewed a few weeks ago…not sure if this means anything. Does yours say under review or Invited for interview?
Mine says invited for interview, and I think I interviewed in October