UNC ASOD Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Fellow Pre-Dents!
My application was verified on June 17th, and I'm still currently awaiting an invitation to complete UNC's secondary application. I look forward to reading about your stories and updates on this journey.. It's an exciting time! =-)

Has anyone received the secondary application yet? Is there still an error in the computer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am assuming that is the case, yes. I received an email from admissions assuring me that the "glitch" will not hold up our applications from being considered.

I am assuming that is the case, yes. I received an email from admissions assuring me that the "glitch" will not hold up our applications from being considered.
Okay, thank you so much! I didn't receive the email so I wasn't sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the issue was fixed, supplementals sent out today!

Is anyone clear about how UNC wants us to include our names and applicant ID numbers with our headshots? Should it be super-imposed onto the photo, near the bottom? or maybe in the white space beneath the pic? I'm really not sure.

Is anyone clear about how UNC wants us to include our names and applicant ID numbers with our headshots? Should it be super-imposed onto the photo, near the bottom? or maybe in the white space beneath the pic? I'm really not sure.
I just put some text on the pic above my shoulder. I think any of the options you suggested would work since they didn't specify.

I just put some text on the pic above my shoulder. I think any of the options you suggested would work since they didn't specify.
I put it in the image file description. Wasn't really sure what to do.

I put it in the image file description. Wasn't really sure what to do.
I ended up putting mine at the bottom of my photo (but still on my image if that makes sense). Has anyone's status changed from "none" to "under review?" Mine has not.

Did you receive an email requesting this supplemental info? Or is this something that we should do in advance of receiving an invite? I'm confused. I still haven't anything yet and I submitted on 6/21.

Did you receive an email requesting this supplemental info? Or is this something that we should do in advance of receiving an invite? I'm confused. I still haven't anything yet and I submitted on 6/21.
Yes, I received an email on Thursday. My impression is that everyone receives a supplemental application, so it shouldn't be a selective thing, so I can't think of why you didn't receive an email as well. I will say that my AADSAS status still shows as "none" for UNC, and I don't know why that hasn't changed.

My UNC application is finally "under review."

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the email yet? I submitted today and got the email a few hours later so you should have received it by now

Were y'all asked any essay questions on the supplemental app? I was expecting to write some more essays but only got demographic questions and stuff

Were y'all asked any essay questions on the supplemental app? I was expecting to write some more essays but only got demographic questions and stuff
Nope! During a virtual information session, the faculty at UNC mentioned they are "trying something different" this year. I BELIEVE this is their first year posting the supplemental essay questions on the initial AADSAS application, so there was only the demographic info, photo, residency status, and payment that remained outstanding upon submission. Perhaps next year they will find a way to include all of that into the AADSAS application like other schools have done.

Did you get the email yet? I submitted today and got the email a few hours later so you should have received it by now
I have yet to receive an email from UNC. My application was received/verified on 6/28. I emailed them yesterday. I also tried calling on 7/13 but had to leave a message with my phone number but I haven't heard back yet. Shouldn't they have sent me the supplemental info and fee request by now? I'm at a loss for what to do next. I'm getting concerned that my application will get held up because of this. :(

I have yet to receive an email from UNC. My application was received/verified on 6/28. I emailed them yesterday. I also tried calling on 7/13 but had to leave a message with my phone number but I haven't heard back yet. Shouldn't they have sent me the supplemental info and fee request by now? I'm at a loss for what to do next. I'm getting concerned that my application will get held up because of this. :(
I don't blame you for your concern. Sounds like a glitch. I'm having the same issue with a different school, and it's incredibly frustrating. Hopefully they will address it soon.

Interview #1
School: UNC ASOD
Notification date: 8/24
Residency: OOS
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 8/11/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 27/27/21/24
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/10
Method of interview: In-person

Last edited:
Interview #3
School:
The University of North Carolina
URM/ORM? Caucasian
Notification date: 08/24/22
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01/22
Application complete date: 07/07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/24/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 10 (but rescheduling for a later date)

Interview #3
School:
Notification date: 8/24/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14/22
Application complete date: 7/9/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.76; Overall: 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RCT, No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/10/22
Method of interview: In Person

Interview #4
School: UNC
Notification date: 9/21
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/22/No
Dates available: October 8

Interview #3
School:
URM/ORM? Caucasian
Notification date: 08/24/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01/22
Application complete date: 07/07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/24/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 10 (but rescheduling for a later date)
Rescheduled for October 8th.

Interview #2
School: UNC 🐏
Notification Date: 09/21
Method of Notification: Email
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: 7/19
Application Complete Date: 07/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below a 17): 23/23/21/25/No
Dates Available: October 8
Method of Interview: In person

About how much percent of in-state applicants does chapel hill accept after the interview?

Interview #3
School: UNC
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/28/21/No
Date: October 8

Anybody else attending the pizza party tonight? I'll be there and look forward to meeting some of my potential future classmates/colleagues! =-)

Does anyone think they’ll send out the next batch of interview invites today? It seems like they’ve been sending them each month on the 4th Wednesday
I think it's likely! I got my notification at 5 pm last month on a Wed, so you still have basically all day to get something from them.

I wonder if they send out all the invites at once :(
I got an interview today as well. They said in the email that this is the last interview day before Dec 15 and that the next interview day would be early next year. So there are more to come!

I got an interview today as well. They said in the email that this is the last interview day before Dec 15 and that the next interview day would be early next year. So there are more to come!
Did you receive it in the morning around the same time as the other fellow?

I also received an interview invite this morning around the same time as the other two above

Well this is unfortunate; congrats to everyone else though.

Does anyone know why I wouldve received an interview last year before December but not one this year? When I spoke with admissions around February, they indicated that my application was great aside from my interview being weaker. How can I show my growth in interview skills if I don’t get one LOL

Im not sure what this December 15th date is...is this the date UNC starts giving out acceptances/rejections?

Those of you who have interviewed at UNC:

1. Have you received a decision yet?
2. How to prepare for the interview?
3. What was the format of the day you spend there?
4. Is the interview conducted by students, admissions, or faculty?

Last edited:
Interview #1
School:
UNC ASOD
Notification date: 10/26/22 @ 9:36 am
Application Submission Date: 09/06/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/26/22/26/No
Dates available OR your interview date: November 5th

Im not sure what this December 15th date is...is this the date UNC starts giving out acceptances/rejections?
December 15th is when ALL dental schools are able to send out acceptances per ADEA traffic rules. After December 15th, schools can decide when and how often to send acceptances. So if you've interviewed before December 15th you'll be eligible to be accepted by the school. If you interview after it's possible to get a decision shortly afterwards.

December 15th is when ALL dental schools are able to send out acceptances per ADEA traffic rules. After December 15th, schools can decide when and how often to send acceptances. So if you've interviewed before December 15th you'll be eligible to be accepted by the school. If you interview after it's possible to get a decision shortly afterwards.
I see! Thank you! Do most schools try to send out most around December 15th?

I see! Thank you! Do most schools try to send out most around December 15th?
Hard to say, some schools might fit all seats and see who accepts and go from there, and some (probably most) will fill partial class and wait to see who confirms the deposit and then sends out more. You most likely won't get an acceptance until January after the December 15th deadline if you weren't given a decision as applicants are given 30 days to decide on whether to confirm enrollment or not. After that its 2 weeks and then in may schools can decide how much time to give you to confirm.

Hard to say, some schools might fit all seats and see who accepts and go from there, and some (probably most) will fill partial class and wait to see who confirms the deposit and then sends out more. You most likely won't get an acceptance until January after the December 15th deadline if you weren't given a decision as applicants are given 30 days to decide on whether to confirm enrollment or not. After that its 2 weeks and then in march schools can decide how much time to give you to confirm.
Thank you!

Those of you who have interviewed at UNC:

1. Have you received a decision yet?
2. How to prepare for the interview?
3. What was the format of the day you spend there?
4. Is the interview conducted by students, admissions, or faculty?
1. No you won’t receive a decision until Dec 15
2. Review the main dental school questions like why dentistry? And tell me about yourself
3. You start off the day with refreshments and getting placed in groups, based on your group, you get a certain schedule. You will have 3 interviews in the day, along with a student panel, a financial aid session and breaks
4. One interview is conducted by a student, one interview is conducted by a faculty member, and one interview is conducted by an alumni.

1. No you won’t receive a decision until Dec 15
2. Review the main dental school questions like why dentistry? And tell me about yourself
3. You start off the day with refreshments and getting placed in groups, based on your group, you get a certain schedule. You will have 3 interviews in the day, along with a student panel, a financial aid session and breaks
4. One interview is conducted by a student, one interview is conducted by a faculty member, and one interview is conducted by an alumni.
Thank you so much!

For those who interviewed, did ur status change to "Invited for Interview" today? I interviewed almost a month ago and it said "Under Review" up until now.

For those who interviewed, did ur status change to "Invited for Interview" today? I interviewed almost a month ago and it said "Under Review" up until now.
Mine's been changed for months at this point, I was a second-round interview though.

Last year they called my friend in the morning around 8 something