***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

What if I haven't received the supplemental yet and my mail out date was 8/1? Should I give up hope on UMD?

No, not yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sent in the supplemental late July and haven't heard a peep. I would be forever grateful just to at least interview at this beautiful institution.

And we shall wait... patiently...

I'm flying out from Seattle and barely have enough for a hotel :( Would anyone want to split a room from Sept 30-Oct 2nd? My interview is on the first...

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for you guys: I am instate. Would it be advisable to call to check on my application? Did they say anywhere in any emails not to do this?

What have you got to lose? Call them.

Question for you guys: I am instate. Would it be advisable to call to check on my application? Did they say anywhere in any emails not to do this?
I agree. They've already sent you the supplemental application. Nothing to lose but time.

Any Maryland residents hear anything yet?? Seems like the out of staters are getting all the love thus far.

We had 3 from maryland, the rest were OOS.

Last edited:
Both days there were 20 applicants interviewing.

Did you call them? I'm in state too, filled out the supplemental and am just waiting. Wondering if I should call them also...

Did you call them? I'm in state too, filled out the supplemental and am just waiting. Wondering if I should call them also...

I was about to, but @1000watts' post talked me out of it... apparently, there were only 3 instate applicants interviewed and 17 were OOS. I guess they're trying to secure their OOS seats first because thats where their biggest money comes from.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just some guy applying to dental schools...

I was about to, but @1000watts' post talked me out of it... apparently, there were only 3 instate applicants interviewed and 17 were OOS. I guess they're trying to secure their OOS seats first because thats where their biggest money comes from.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just some guy applying to dental schools...
I didn't mean to discourage you from contacting them. My post was merely for information purposes. We're all speculating as to what their decisions are and why.

Members don't see this ad :)
just received supplemental from UMD. do they send the supplemental to only those who will be invited?
app complete at UMD: 9/19
pre-req email received (biochem): 9/26
supplemental app: 10/3
started working on supp

just received supplemental from UMD. do they send the supplemental to only those who will be invited?
app complete at UMD: 9/19
pre-req email received (biochem): 9/26
supplemental app: 10/3
started working on supp

In the past it has been that way, but many of us in-staters received supplementary apps long ago and haven't heard a peep. Mine was received and completed in July.

I submitted my app on 7/2. I paid the fee and haven't received any confirmation or secondary. what should i do??

I submitted my app on 7/2. I paid the fee and haven't received any confirmation or secondary. what should i do??
Call them. Won't hurt. I called them just to ask what I should put on one of the supplemental question, said thank you and bye, then two minutes later I called again for another question and they're pretty nice and helpful about it.

Hey I completed the supplemental a month ago, and my status just changed from app complete to under review. Doesn't this seem weird? Should I expect some good news soon?

Just received the interview invite!!! was worrying because I submitted my app really late!
For those late applicant, you guys still have hope!!!!! anyone interviewing on November 11?
It sounds like they still have more pre-december interview dates!!

School: UMD
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete date: 9/19
GPA (science, overall): Science 4.12, Overall 4.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 20 Reading, No

Just received the interview invite!!! was worrying because I submitted my app really late!
For those late applicant, you guys still have hope!!!!! anyone interviewing on November 11?
It sounds like they still have more pre-december interview dates!!

School: UMD
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete date: 9/19
GPA (science, overall): Science 4.12, Overall 4.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 20 Reading, No

I am! My stats are very similar to yours too.

Nice, are you driving to school?
my budget is not that great, planning to take the megabus to MD and then take the bus to the area close to school a day before. I don't know where to stay yet though!! Imma search the list on the invite email.

Yes, I live only an hour or so away from the school. I took the megabus to my New York University interview trip and it saved me a lot of $$$. Good plan.

Nice, are you driving to school?
my budget is not that great, planning to take the megabus to MD and then take the bus to the area close to school a day before. I don't know where to stay yet though!! Imma search the list on the invite email.
I had a nice stay at the Hampton Inn downtown - in front of the stadium. Really nice ppl there and it was close to school (I actually walked all suit up) but they can call u a shuttle. If u walk, u can stop by the National Museum of Dentistry- and see Washington's dentures ;)

so anyone of you guys who think you are well-qualified applicant with early application complete date didn't get a supplemental app yet? or an invite?
I am an average applicant with higher than avg DAT score, but I didn't even receive a supp app yet and it's just quite sad to not even receive a supplemental app.

so anyone of you guys who think you are well-qualified applicant with early application complete date didn't get a supplemental app yet? or an invite?
I am an average applicant with higher than avg DAT score, but I didn't even receive a supp app yet and it's just quite sad to not even receive a supplemental app.

Submitted super early. No secondary. #sadface #nolove #waiting

Hello, how long did it take for everyone to get the supplemental? I submitted my AADSAS application in July and never got one (I paid my fee and everything). I am assuming not getting a supplemental for so long is a bad sign?

You have solid scores. I'm surprised you haven't gotten one yet. My application was fully complete Sept 12th and I received a sup a week after. Completed over the weekend and got the application complete status update on AADSAS a week after that (on sept 26th). It'll get to you don't worry!

You have solid scores. I'm surprised you haven't gotten one yet. My application was fully complete Sept 12th and I received a sup a week after. Completed over the weekend and got the application complete status update on AADSAS a week after that (on sept 26th). It'll get to you don't worry!

roughly the same time as mine, but your seems to have been expedited while mine just hasn't progressed at all. Maybe they saw something in you that they didn't see in me.
sad, but I will admit, my entire application isn't as impressive as my DAT score, so I am not really counting on getting all the interviews I want.

Anyone else who's well-qualified didn't get supplementals or interviews?

Same. I was all complete in late July but no love. OOS though so I can't be tooooo upset.

what are you stats like?if you don't mind me asking.

3.67 overall GPA
3.51 science GPA

PAT 18 / AA 20 / TS 20 / RC 22

Hundreds of dental related and non dental related volunteer hours. Hundreds of work hours. 120 shadowing hours.

3.67 overall GPA
3.51 science GPA

PAT 18 / AA 20 / TS 20 / RC 22

Hundreds of dental related and non dental related volunteer hours. Hundreds of work hours. 120 shadowing hours.

wow... can't believe you got no love yet.

Submitted early July. 23 AA 23 TS 3.55 GPA. No supplement yet. Chalk it up as a lost cause?

man, what the hell do they want? 4.0 and 25DAT? Seems like a pretty stellar GPA/DAT and within their golden range of acceptance.

Anyone here have an Oct 29 interview?

Is anyone interviewing next Tuesday , October 21st ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those with interviews, after you called to confirm your interview date did you receive any other confirmation email or anything?

For those with interviews, after you called to confirm your interview date did you receive any other confirmation email or anything?
I got an email several days later for the interview-day confirmation.

Me. I'm a fairly average applicant, submitted 8/1. I have 3 interviews, but not a peep from UMD. I anxiously await.

Solid. Honestly, I submitted my sup three weeks ago and nothing so far. So either they haven't gotten to my Supplemental yet or they didn't like my answers to the supplemental. Either way, I am in the same boat as you because I have not received an interview here. Ah well. **** happens.

Sweet. See you on Tuesday

Hey is your interview at 11:30 am too ? I wasn't sure if they had morning and late morning interviews , or if it was just one time

Does anyone interviewing tomorrow want to split a cab fee back to the airport after the interview? :)