***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! Has anybody heard from UMD this week regarding their admissions status? It appears from this forum there has been minimal communication from them regarding acceptances since 12/19. Does anyone have any information on when they will be sending out their next round of acceptances? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Has anybody heard from UMD this week regarding their admissions status? It appears from this forum there has been minimal communication from them regarding acceptances since 12/19. Does anyone have any information on when they will be sending out their next round of acceptances? Thanks!

Bump!

I interviewed there early January and they told us that the next time the committee meets will be either 1/22 or 1/26. So we should hear by the end of this week or next week, but definitely by the end of the month. This only pertains to those who have already interviewed. If you are waiting for an interview or waitlist, I have no idea as for a timeline.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after submitting the supplemental app should I expect an interview/rejection? And do you think the committee care too much about the video component of the app?

How long after submitting the supplemental app should I expect an interview/rejection? And do you think the committee care too much about the video component of the app?
I didn't do a video and I got an interview and acceptance, so I'd say no :)

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed there early January and they told us that the next time the committee meets will be either 1/22 or 1/26. So we should hear by the end of this week or next week, but definitely by the end of the month. This only pertains to those who have already interviewed. If you are waiting for an interview or waitlist, I have no idea as for a timeline.

I hope there's some good news for us tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
HOLY ****. ACCEPTED. APPLIED 11/10/14, INTERVIEW 1/6, IN TODAY 8:47 AM EMAIL. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT WOOOOOO!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I was offered admissions this morning! On January 16th I was offered an interview for the 21st and found out today! OOS

Reactions: 3 users
I believe historically, there has been two waves at the end of january/beginning of february so I would guess another wave next friday or the friday after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got invited for an interview today 1/22 but will be declining it!

Got interview there!!! Finally!!!! Any ideas how to prep for that?

Had my interview in November, still waiting for acceptance/rejection.

is there still a chance for peopl who didn't even get a supp app and interview offers?
I am serious, this school has been complete dead silent.

anyone else?

is there still a chance for peopl who didn't even get a supp app and interview offers?

anyone else?
Same here...only thing I have from them is Received/under review on AADSAS from 9/11

anyone else?

nothing here either since 8/28 on aadsas

anyone else?

I applied at the beginning of August and didn't hear back until recently. I emailed to ask about the status of my application last thurs, got my supp app the same day, and a call to interview tomorrow!

anyone else?
Same here. Did they lose our apps? Haha

I applied at the beginning of August and didn't hear back until recently. I emailed to ask about the status of my application last thurs, got my supp app the same day, and a call to interview tomorrow!

maybe I should give them a call and see if they still have my app lol.
mind if i ask who you called?
thx

Had my interview in November, still waiting for acceptance/rejection.
That's freaking nuts! I can't imagine the frustration Ure going through. Had my interview last week and waiting and waiting for an answer

O
OH NO!!! I'm so sorry.
Was it the weather/snow?

Ohh no, that was the least of my worries. I felt like I was being interrogated rather than being interviewed. The guy who interviewed me was just really rude and condescending.

INTERVIEW!!! So happy.. this is my in-state school. DAT 20TS 20AA GPA 3.75 (science) 3.88 (overall)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all! Congrats on all of the acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting. I interviewed 1/14, and was thrilled to receive an offer on 1/23. I am out of state, and among all of the other amazing things about Maryland, it seems that they allow you to apply for in-state residency after the first year. I tried to clarify this process with the financial aid presenter on my interview day, but walked away still feeling a bit unclear. I'm wondering if anyone here has been in touch with the school or with current students and knows how in-state reclassification works there... is it a guaranteed thing after the first year? Will they walk us through the process? Or is it a cross your fingers and hope kind of situation?

Hey all! Congrats on all of the acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting. I interviewed 1/14, and was thrilled to receive an offer on 1/23. I am out of state, and among all of the other amazing things about Maryland, it seems that they allow you to apply for in-state residency after the first year. I tried to clarify this process with the financial aid presenter on my interview day, but walked away still feeling a bit unclear. I'm wondering if anyone here has been in touch with the school or with current students and knows how in-state reclassification works there... is it a guaranteed thing after the first year? Will they walk us through the process? Or is it a cross your fingers and hope kind of situation?
I am not a student there but I did go to Impressions Day at Maryland and they did say that they do make every attempt at making OOS students get IS status. I believe (do not quote me on this) that you must transfer everything over to Maryland...i.e. driver's license, taxes filed in MD, resister to vote in MD...etc... Also, I heard that you may have to show that you planned on moving to MD for purposes other that just attending a school there and/or that you plan to stay in MD after graduation.
This is just what I have heard from other students and from brief info sessions with staff. Maybe it helps a little?

Last edited:
I heard that you must also pay MD state taxes. Meaning that you actually have to have a job here. This is what threw off some of the potential students at my interview. I am not sure how people will be able to work and go to school full time...

I heard that you must also pay MD state taxes. Meaning that you actually have to have a job here. This is what threw off some of the potential students at my interview. I am not sure how people will be able to work and go to school full time...

(side note - Cute cat!)

O

Ohh no, that was the least of my worries. I felt like I was being interrogated rather than being interviewed. The guy who interviewed me was just really rude and condescending.
Listen this was my worse interview by far. As u said I felt interrogated and told to repeat what I said a couple times. Just horrible! .... BUT on Dec 1st I received my acceptance with a scholarship offer. Sadly, I had such a bad experience during my interview day that this school was not my fav anymore i wish they interiorize what all the schools always say..... -that we are interviewing them as well. Good luck!

Hello everyone, I have an interview on the 18th, anyone interested in sharing a rental? Look forward to hear from others! How did people get around Baltimore? I'm also down to explore the city of Baltimore, there's no reason to leave so soon!

Last edited:
havent heard anything about an interview or rejection at all :eek:

I feel the need to sing a Celine dion song "alllll by myself!!!!"