2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, im on the WL and received a 'continued interest' e-mail.

Hopefully this is a good sign of some movement happening in the near future!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just to clarify, we should NOT respond if we do want to stay on the list? I mean would it really hurt to email saying we’re still interested ?

Reactions: 1 user
Just to clarify, we should NOT respond if we do want to stay on the list? I mean would it really hurt to email saying we’re still interested ?
I am also wondering about this! I really wanted to respond and tell them how much interested I am, but then I didn't want to confuse them. If they somehow see an email from me and assume that I am not interested...I don't know I'm just nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I think it's best to just stay put ie follow the instructions in the email, it seems that they are assuming that everyone wishes to remain on the waitlist unless they say otherwise, so silence=stay on waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I think it's best to just stay put ie follow the instructions in the email, it seems that they are assuming that everyone wishes to remain on the waitlist unless they say otherwise, so silence=stay on waitlist

The email specifically says in bold & underlined: " If this is the case for you, and you are no longer interested then email us"

I'm thinking March 1 because if the deposit is due on feb 15 then that will give admissions exactly two weeks to confirm who dropped and choose new candidates, while also giving the accepted candidates they select exactly one month for the next deposit due on April 1st.

Waitlisted as well from Jan 20 interview.
He did say that they usually dont reject their interviewees, but it makes me wonder how big this waitlist is if they always interview in huge groups.

He did say that they usually dont reject their interviewees, but it makes me wonder how big this waitlist is if they always interview in huge groups.
its massive lol. they interview ~700 people.

I forget the specific number but we were told today that the class has a little less than 10 seats left. I want to say it was 7? We were also told that after today the waitlist will be around 300 people and that they expect around 50 seats to open up periodically before classes start. Dr. Jeffers said that he has called to accept people just hours before orientation, so don't lose hope! We're in for the long haul lol. The next due date for a deposit is February 15th, we can expect waitlist movement around then

Declined my offer yesterday to stay on the alternate list

hoping everyone good luck!

Declined my offer yesterday to stay on the alternate list

hoping everyone good luck!
If you don't mind me asking, why are you staying on the alternate list? Since you declined your offer I'm assuming you don't want to go to this school and should then also let Danielle know that you want to be taken off the alternate list :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, why are you staying on the alternate list? Since you declined your offer I'm assuming you don't want to go to this school and should then also let Danielle know that you want to be taken off the alternate list :)
I think he meant to say that he no longer wants to stay on the alternate list lol

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea how many of the seats are taken for sure? All this waiting is killing me :p

I think by the end of this month more offers will be given out since the 2nd deposit is due on Feb 15...

Any idea how many of the seats are taken for sure? All this waiting is killing me :p
Same! The class is full right now, so we can’t hear anything until after the deposits in Feb and April when more seats will open

Same! The class is full right now, so we can’t hear anything until after the deposits in Feb and April when more seats will open
The class is full? Do you really think that a lot of people will drop out?

Hi everyone,

I know waiting sucks, but UDM is the type of school where A LOT of people who accepted end up dropping their spot and going somewhere else (probably because of high cost of UDM). Keep the faith!

Reactions: 5 users
The class is full? Do you really think that a lot of people will drop out?

I hope so! Gradually spots will open as Canadians begin to receive acceptances from Canada schools and other people get into cheaper schools

I will dropping my seat because I got into Texas A&M, good luck my dudes

Reactions: 4 users
Just declined my seat , i hope one you guys gets it!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call....I'm in. MI resident.

Reactions: 5 users
So, can we expect any WL movement happening in the coming week?

Email says i was ranked low on the waitlist.
Hey, I know this is hard to process right now but you seem like you really wanted this. There is still time left in the cycle (if you applied to other schools) and with your passion I am sure there are great things ahead for you if you don’t give up. Don’t let this bring you down, use it for motivation and I am sure you will do great things :)

Reactions: 7 users
Hey, I know this is hard to process right now but you seem like you really wanted this. There is still time left in the cycle (if you applied to other schools) and with your passion I am sure there are great things ahead for you if you don’t give up. Don’t let this bring you down, use it for motivation and I am sure you will do great things :)
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it :unsure::shrug:. Hope you got in:).

Hello, For those of you who have declined their offer or their spot on waitlist, could you please let us know whether your status has changed accordingly (eg. declined) in ADEAS? Thanks!

Yesterday at the pre-dental dinner Dr. Jeffers said that they started the waitlist with about 312 people and now they are down to 260.

Status
Not open for further replies.