***the official unlv class of 2018 interview/acceptance thread***

How long does it usually take the packet to arrive? (WA resident)
I was accepted last week (the Feb 20th) and they said they sent the packet last friday (21st), and now it is Thursday (27th), I still havent got it.
I was wondering whether it got lost....lol
what day did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what time the Admissions Committee is meeting today? Has anyone called to check their status yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
just called, call back after 3pm pacific according to the admin office.

For reference, interviewed 2/28, i'm not sure if this is for everyone.

Last edited:
They met yesterday.

As for dentalfloss, just call them now/tomorrow. Goodluck!

really? when i called on february 21 they said call back again in a month... i guess they meant 3 weeks then... maybe its just for people who interviewed after the last committee meeting

really? when i called on february 21 they said call back again in a month... i guess they meant 3 weeks then... maybe its just for people who interviewed after the last committee meeting

It's weird. Someone I know personally told me the office told him to call back after the 20th. As for me, I was to call back earlier than him.

I'm trying not to speculate but maybe they are giving people different times to call/hear back to handle with the volume of people waiting. I would say call back the day they asked for YOU.

Like one of the admissions people told me, "student doc is not the final word or the law of applications. Don't believe everything you read on there"

With that said, goodluck!

It's weird. Someone I know personally told me the office told him to call back after the 20th. As for me, I was to call back earlier than him.

I'm trying not to speculate but maybe they are giving people different times to call/hear back to handle with the volume of people waiting. I would say call back the day they asked for YOU.

Like one of the admissions people told me, "student doc is not the final word or the law of applications. Don't believe everything you read on there"

With that said, goodluck!

Indeed. I'll just wait until next week or after their spring break. if I'm accepted this week a letter should be mailed anyways and would be a welcoming surprise. good luck to u as well

just called, call back after 3pm pacific according to the admin office.

For reference, interviewed 2/28, i'm not sure if this is for everyone.
Just called and there was no decision made on my file yet. Also interviewed on the 28th. The lady I spoke with said the next meeting is probably not until the summer..
Anyone else call?

did any one interview on 2/7 call in today and get an answer?

Edited. I am on the alternate list. They will be sending out those snail mail letters next week! At least to the best of my knowledge!

Last edited:
Dr. Ancajas just called me. I am accepted!!! 1 for 1. I only applied here. I was put on hold for fall grades, invited for interview 1/14 and interviewed 2/7. I will be picking up my packet tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning and Dr. Ancajas told me to call back tomorrow, I interviewed beginning of December and was not rejected, but also not told if I was waitlisted or not. So confused.. :x

Dr. Ancajas just called me. I am accepted!!! 1 for 1. I only applied here. I was put on hold for fall grades, invited for interview 1/14 and interviewed 2/7. I will be picking up my packet tomorrow.

Congrats!!! I just got the call too!!! Missed it the first time, started freakin but called em back. Class of 2018!

Btw, I probably know who this is, assuming we are texting eachother right now. Lol. Congrats again!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! I just got the call too!!! Missed it the first time, started freakin but called em back. Class of 2018!

Btw, I probably know who this is, assuming we are texting eachother right now. Lol. Congrats again!!
R u in state or OOS

Your username is too obvious! Yes, I know who you are but I haven't gotten a text from you today. LOL

Wastedtime: I'm instate. Interviewed dec. 13th

No decision on my app as well. The lady on the phone told me the committee will meet again on the 17th of April and to call back afterwards

No decision on my app as well. The lady on the phone told me the committee will meet again on the 17th of April and to call back afterwards
Did you ask if you were on the waitlist? If you didn't well next week we should either be getting that letter or not anyway!

I got the exact same response. Not waitlisted, just still under review.

I called this afternoon; no decision on my app. Yvonne said they are meeting on April 17th.

Has UNLV sent out rejections yet? Emails/Letters for both pre/post dec interviews

Anyone on the non-waitlist but still under review oos? I am oos and was also told that no decision has been made on my application. The waitlist is 15 people right now.

Anyone on the non-waitlist but still under review oos? I am oos and was also told that no decision has been made on my application. The waitlist is 15 people right now.
Yes. I am oos and no decision yet. I am getting very anxious for a decision!

How did you know the waitlist was 15 people?

my aadsas got updated with "waitlisted" from unlv!

I also got the "no decision, call back after Apriil 17th" response. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I counted 6 of us on this page like that.

Anyone else? And when did you guys interview? I interviewed in late January.

I also got the "no decision, call back after Apriil 17th" response. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I counted 6 of us on this page like that.

Anyone else? And when did you guys interview? I interviewed in late January.
I interviewed late February. I hope it's a good thing!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed Feb. 14th, but I don't know how a no decision on top of the fact that they made a short waitlist could be good news. Gotta stay positive, though!

Can somebody in the UNLV c/o 2018 fb group tell us how many of those are current students? Just trying to get a feel for how many spots are left. Thanks!

Come on April!! Let this be the month!!

Can somebody in the UNLV c/o 2018 fb group tell us how many of those are current students? Just trying to get a feel for how many spots are left. Thanks!

Come on April!! Let this be the month!!
Don't quote me on this but at a quick glance, I think about half of the 40+ people that are in the FB group are upper-class men. There are also some who where accepted to UNLV but will be going somewhere else. Most of the people who were accepted that I know are not added in this group yet.

Don't quote me on this but at a quick glance, I think about half of the 40+ people that are in the FB group are upper-class men. There are also some who where accepted to UNLV but will be going somewhere else. Most of the people who were accepted that I know are not added in this group yet.

Thanks! I feel a bit more reassured now!

Just withdrew my acceptance (with scholarship). I am in-state so I'm not sure who will get my spot, but I wish everyone the best of luck. It is really a great school.

I am applying next cycle as OOS applicant, can someone who is also OOS who got accepted share their stat with me? I most likely not able to get in state status even my wife will be military station there since she is not "active" there.

Word on the street is that the committee is meeting tomorrow! I hope they pick me! Good luck everyone still waiting!

Word on the street is that the committee is meeting tomorrow! I hope they pick me! Good luck everyone still waiting!

Nice! Are they still interviewing, or is this the final round w/ a wait-list?

Nice! Are they still interviewing, or is this the final round w/ a wait-list?

I believe its the final round with a waitlist.

Can't remember if I congratulated you yet on your recent NYU acceptance on the other thread, but congrats! Are you still looking to attend UNLV over NYU?

I believe its the final round with a waitlist.

Can't remember if I congratulated you yet on your recent NYU acceptance on the other thread, but congrats! Are you still looking to attend UNLV over NYU?

Thanks, man!!! I REALLY dig NYU, but I was also a fan of the program at UNLV. Plus, UNLV would be a hair cheaper over 4 years, and I am a big fan of Vegas in general. At this point in time I feel that I owe it to myself to keep my options open after all of the hard work and months waiting (preaching to the choir, I know). Especially with a pending denial on the horizon lol

Thanks, man!!! I REALLY dig NYU, but I was also a fan of the program at UNLV. Plus, UNLV would be a hair cheaper over 4 years, and I am a big fan of Vegas in general. At this point in time I feel that I owe it to myself to keep my options open after all of the hard work and months waiting (preaching to the choir, I know). Especially with a pending denial on the horizon lol

Haha I dig that. UNLV is top-notch and the price difference compared to NYU would be tough to turn down. Hope everything works out for the both of us!

Haha I dig that. UNLV is top-notch and the price difference compared to NYU would be tough to turn down. Hope everything works out for the both of us!

Exactly. I hope so as well! There's still plenty of time.

I received an e-mail from the admissions office on Monday that this month's committee meeting was cancelled because they filled the class. They added that the committee would reconvene in May to finalize the alternates.

I received an e-mail from the admissions office on Monday that this month's committee meeting was cancelled because they filled the class. They added that the committee would reconvene in May to finalize the alternates.

are u serious? that sucks

does that mean people who didn't get that email aren't being considered...?