UNLV Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

that was for the covid cycle where the application opened june 15th
I understand that. But I was just asking if they will send the informational session before decision day (December 1st). From the looks of the email it seems like they will do it before but who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

I understand that. But I was just asking if they will send the informational session before decision day (December 1st). From the looks of the email it seems like they will do it before but who knows.
I don't think they send out any emails before Dec 1st OR 15th because the informational session would basically mean that you got accepted.

Are you sure? Because I am looking at the previous cycle and it looks like UNLV sent invitations for a tour before Dec 15th (decision day).
Any current students that can confirm this?
Got the email invite for the informational session today.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email invite for the informational session today.
Sameeee. What are the probabilities we are going to get in? Someone told me everyone who gets an interview will get an invite to the session. Can anyone confirm?

Sameeee. What are the probabilities we are going to get in? Someone told me everyone who gets an interview will get an invite to the session. Can anyone confirm?
Really? That doesn't make sense since there is no interview on-campus. I've heard that they'll invite you to the school only if they like you.

Also, Are you guys sending any thank you emails in response to the invite?

Does anyone know if we will get a confirmation email for the date we selected or will they only contact us if the date is full?

Are you sure? Because I am looking at the previous cycle and it looks like UNLV sent invitations for a tour before Dec 15th (decision day).
Any current students that can confirm this?
They should start sending them out soon. Definitely before December 1st. Keep an eye out!

Just got the Kira interview invitation, anyone have any tips on how to prepare? I'm kinda nervous :oops:

Interview #5
School: UNLV
Notification date: 10/07
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (SD)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 8/05
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/25/23/no
Dates available OR your interview date: Kira within 5 days
Method of interview: In person option possible after Kira

Got my invite for the informational day also!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone's AADSAS status change to "Check back on December 1st" after attending the school tour? Mine still says "None"

Has anyone's AADSAS status change to "Check back on December 1st" after attending the school tour? Mine still says "None"
How was your campus visit? Mine is coming up. I want to know what to expect and appreciate it if you could share your experience.

How was your campus visit? Mine is coming up. I want to know what to expect and appreciate it if you could share your experience.
It was fun and informative. They followed the exact schedule that was given in the email nothing more or less.

Is it supposed to change? I think she said our status was going to change on December 1st.

I just got an invitation to tour. Does this mean I'll probably get in? Or is this just a part 2 of interview, where I get evaluated during the tour?

I was confused because they had said that they will send the invites to selected interviewees and also because of this statement: "As the interview cycle proceeds and the Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, students will be invited to join the Class of 2026." Does this mean we're considered as their class of 2026?

Last edited:
I just got an invitation to tour. Does this mean I'll probably get in? Or is this just a part 2 of interview, where I get evaluated during the tour?

I was confused by this statement: "As the interview cycle proceeds and the Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, students will be invited to join the Class of 2026." Does this mean we're considered as their class of 2026?
No

I was confused because they had said that they will send the invites to selected interviewees and also because of this statement: "As the interview cycle proceeds and the Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, students will be invited to join the Class of 2026." Does this mean we're considered as their class of 2026?
I believe everyone who interviewed got the invitation to tour (from the looks of it at least)

How long after the interview did you receive the invite?
My fault for the late reply. I got it the interview invite on Sept 20, and invite to informational tour on Oct 6, so 16 days.

When being invited to the informational session there was a google form that we had to fill out to select a date to attend. Did any of you receive an email confirmation from the school after submitting the form? I selected a date for next week but haven’t heard anything back confirming it.

When being invited to the informational session there was a google form that we had to fill out to select a date to attend. Did any of you receive an email confirmation from the school after submitting the form? I selected a date for next week but haven’t heard anything back confirming it.
I got an email titled "UNLV Informational Confirmation" a week after I submitted the form, a few days before my session. You will get the confirmation prior to your session.

Could anyone write down the formula Dr. Ancanjas said was going to be used to rank the applicants?

How do they end up choosing who is accepted if everyone who interviewed is invited to the informational session? Is it strictly based on that formula Dr. Ancanjas showed us at the thing?

How do they end up choosing who is accepted if everyone who interviewed is invited to the informational session? Is it strictly based on that formula Dr. Ancanjas showed us at the thing?
Not everyone who is interviewed gets to go to the informational session. They use that formula to rank people essentially (doesn't really mean much) UNLV looks at people's applications super holistically and makes decisions based on that!

Not everyone who is interviewed gets to go to the informational session. They use that formula to rank people essentially (doesn't really mean much) UNLV looks at people's applications super holistically and makes decisions based on that!
May I ask where you got this information from? Also, do you know how they rank people? Do people get evaluated DURING the informational session?

May I ask where you got this information from? Also, do you know how they rank people? Do people get evaluated DURING the informational session?
I'm not sure how they'd do that considering it was mostly a one sided seminar (minus the student panel but I'm not sure how they'd use that to gather anything from us)

I am a current student. They rank people using a specific formula that they give you at the informational meeting. Yes you get evaluated at the meeting to see if there are any "red flags". The formula only sorts people by numbers, it doesn't really mean much because they look at applications very holistically. UNLV is heavy on community outreach and providing to the less fortunate so grades and such are only a part of it.

My status hasn't changed. Still "none". Does that mean anything?
My status hasn't changed either, do you remember if they said at the informational meeting that everyone who receives a offer will get a status change on December 1st?

wait is it true, that if u get an informational session invite you are mostly in??

My status hasn't changed either, do you remember if they said at the informational meeting that everyone who receives a offer will get a status change on December 1st?
I don't remember anything like that. That's why I'm confused!!

wait is it true, that if u get an informational session invite you are mostly in??
I got information session and I haven’t heard from them. Guess not

Interview #4
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: OOS
Application sent: 06/10/2021
Application transmitted to school: 06/19/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.80, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below 17): 20/21/no
Interview date: due within 5 week
Method of interview: record ur video

Anyone feel like no one is posting as much this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
if we interviewed already and haven't gotten a decision yet what should we do? Call the school and get an update or just wait it out?

if we interviewed already and haven't gotten a decision yet what should we do? Call the school and get an update or just wait it out?
I would wait it out. I think during the on campus day they said that a majority of students that interviewed will be accepted eventually.

Is anyone who didn't receive an offer sending a letter of intent? this is one of my top, if not top schools and I am wondering if I should wait or if I should let them know I want to come here

Did anyone get waitlisted on December 1st? 5 people got waitlisted last cycle.

Is anyone who didn't receive an offer sending a letter of intent? this is one of my top, if not top schools and I am wondering if I should wait or if I should let them know I want to come
You are supposed to send a letter of intent to only one school. I would say wait until January to see if they send out more acceptances.

For those who were accepted, did you guys get some kind of packet from UNLV? When they called on Dec 1, they told me I was going to receive mail from them, but I haven't received it yet..