***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

Mine just changed to "offer made" did I get accepted?! So happy and confused right now

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg no change from invited for interview...so far...am i rejected?

My status also changed to "offer made" but I'm going to call when they open just to be sure. I want to hear it from them directly before I get too happy.

No update on my portal. :(. Which number do we call to ask if we got in? The general number or Dr. Ancajas?

Accepted via AADSAS.....holy moly

Reactions: 1 user
Still "invited for an interview" here. Doesn't look like that's good news at this point.

The dean of admissions just called, I am in too!!
Finally I can sleep now, the stress is driving me crazy, no more worries !

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the phone with Dr. Ancajas! I am so tremendously grateful for this opportunity! Vegas Baby!!!!

Anyone that has an interview in December or January planning to turn it down? If so can you pm me? I'd like to interview earlier than February if at all possible

Just got off the phone with Dr. Ancajas! I am so tremendously grateful for this opportunity! Vegas Baby!!!!

So ur status on adea portal said offer made before they called you?

The dean of admissions just called, I am in too!!
Finally I can sleep now, the stress is driving me crazy, no more worries !

Congrats! Ur status chaged to offer made before u got the call?

For those of you who found out through the portal, are you still gunna call admissions to, I guess.. double check :)

I'm just gonna wait to see if the dean calls me :p I'll call tomorrow to reaffirm the acceptance if they don't call me today, I'm sure it's a busy day at the office for them. haha

It means so much to me because this is the only school I applied to, being a nontraditional 32 years old applicants I'm really grateful for the opportunity to enter the school.

Can't wait to see all you guys in September when the class start!

I called to confirm my acceptance this morning. Everyone waiting to hear back or waitlisted, there's still hope! I know how it feels not to hear anything from schools... this happened twice to me in the past.. but third time was the charm

I just cancelled my Jan 16 interview date if anyone wants to take it!

Anyone interviewed Nov 14 or latter got accepted ?

If anyone is planning to cancel their interview in December or January can you please PM me? My interview is in February and I would like to get an earlier spot if at all possible. Thanks!

Has anyone been rejected after the interview ?, or the check back Jan means ....

I am scared to say it.

i talked to Dr. Ancajas this morning and was accepted!!! :D best day of my life! One interview & one acceptance. Utah resident

For those of you who did not hear anything yet, what do you do for the mean time? The same thing happened to me with other East Coast school, and I sent my interviewer a letter of intent, and she responded it with rejection. I am afraid that same thing would happen with unlv..Should we be slient?

School: UNLV
Notification date: 12/2/2014
Method of notification: Email @ 4:25 PM PST
Interview Date: Haven't decided yet
Residency: California
AADSAS Mail-out Date: 10/3/2014 (One of my later applications because I got scared :p)
- Transcripts Complete: 6/17/2014
- Letters of Recommendation Mail-out Date:
--#1 Professor/Employer for 2 Years - 8/1/2014
--#2 Principal Investigator for 1.5 Years - 8/1/2014
--#3 Dentist #1 for 5 Years - 9/19/2014
--#4 Dentist #2 for 5 Years - 10/3/2014
DAT Taken: 6/25/2014
DAT Posted: 7/30/2014
Application Complete Date: 10/3/2014
Supplemental Received E-mail: 10/30/2014
DAT (PAT/QR/RC/BIO/GC/OC/TS/AA) : 20/20/19/19/24/22/21/21

So just want to check with those who saw "offer made" on AADSAS and called the school, it's a definite acceptance right? Cause so far, I didn't get an email or call from them, only the status change on AADSAS...

On a more practical note, does anyone know what this school is going to cost for an oos? I got around 23000k (not including living expenses)...can anyone double check for me? Also, the website includes tuition/fees, but are there things that it didn't include? Like the dell computer...plus I heard UNLV has huge tuition increases each year...can anyone elaborate on this and give an estimate of what our four year expenses would end up being (not including living)?

How difficult is it to receive in state tuition after the first year?

How difficult is it to receive in state tuition after the first year?

Keep your rent agreement and change to NV driver license when u got here, I think there are one or two more things, but basically u fill out a form with those few things and turn it in. It took me 5 mins for the guy in main campus did that for me.

For those of you who did not hear anything yet, what do you do for the mean time? The same thing happened to me with other East Coast school, and I sent my interviewer a letter of intent, and she responded it with rejection. I am afraid that same thing would happen with unlv..Should we be slient?

This is exactly my feeling. I kind of want to do it, but afraid some negatives might happen.

I have an interview date Feb 20th but hoping to interview earlier, if anyone is thinking of declining the interview let me know!

So just want to check with those who saw "offer made" on AADSAS and called the school, it's a definite acceptance right? Cause so far, I didn't get an email or call from them, only the status change on AADSAS...

On a more practical note, does anyone know what this school is going to cost for an oos? I got around 23000k (not including living expenses)...can anyone double check for me? Also, the website includes tuition/fees, but are there things that it didn't include? Like the dell computer...plus I heard UNLV has huge tuition increases each year...can anyone elaborate on this and give an estimate of what our four year expenses would end up being (not including living)?

I remember reading it was about 7 percent increase a year, fairly certain it was 7.

Please PM me if you will cancel your interview Dec 12 or in January. I'd love to interview earlier if at all possible. Thanks!

I remember reading it was about 7 percent increase a year, fairly certain it was 7.

Did some researching (since I was curious myself haha) and came across this "Briefing Paper" from the Board of Regents. Definitely read into it and let me know what you can find! From what I can see though, tuition is set to rise somewhere between 3-4% every year from 2015-17. Definitely not as ridiculous as 7%, but its still something!

Did some researching (since I was curious myself haha) and came across this "Briefing Paper" from the Board of Regents. Definitely read into it and let me know what you can find! From what I can see though, tuition is set to rise somewhere between 3-4% every year from 2015-17. Definitely not as ridiculous as 7%, but its still something!
That's the one I read too, thanks for correcting me. Thankfully its not 7.

Do any of you guys remember if Dr. Ancajas or Dr. Capurro talked about sending letter of intent if UNLV is your top choice? I remember it was mentioned during my interview day

Last edited:
Does anybody know: A) How many seats will be left now that Dec 1st offers have been sent out? B) What the essay portion of the interview is all about? C) Are all offers given out on a rolling basis now? No set dates?

I am from Canada, so I am new to the whole rolling admissions process, thanks!

For people that have gotten acceptances, has anyone gotten mail and/or email indicating the next step in the application process? I know it's time sensitive!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not yet gotten a call, but got the acceptance on AADSAS? :confused:

For people that have gotten acceptances, has anyone gotten mail and/or email indicating the next step in the application process? I know it's time sensitive!

I didn't receive a call, but saw my acceptance on AADSAS on Monday. Just got a packet in the mail today with details about the next step.

Do any of you guys remember if Dr. Ancajas or Dr. Capurro talked about sending letter of intent if UNLV is your top choice? I remember it was mentioned during my interview day

I would like to know as well.