***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

I will be interviewing this friday! good luck to everyone interviewing and I hope to meet some of you there!

Members don't see this ad.

I am actually really curious about this as well, especially since I am interviewing on December 5th. My calculated score pre-interview is 39. Hoping that it is true that above a 57 will score an acceptance, assuming that my interview skills are sufficient.
wow 39 pre interview is a really strong score! Can we know your GPA and DAT scores? Dont worry with a score like that you will be fine :)

wow 39 pre interview is a really strong score! Can we know your GPA and DAT scores? Dont worry with a score like that you will be fine :)
I was thinking the same thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already had an interview and my score was a 37.5 pre-interview. That's also with a 16 QR, but I did get a 25 in OChem and a 24 in Bio which I think balanced out my score.

I've already had an interview and my score was a 37.5 pre-interview. That's also with a 16 QR, but I did get a 25 in OChem and a 24 in Bio which I think balanced out my score.
Awesome score! Haha what was your gpa and Rc score if you don't mind.

I have a 37 but no interview yet ㅠㅠ

I have a 37 but no interview yet ㅠㅠ
Did you apply late? Is there any red flags with your app...37 should definitely get you an interview bc that would mean your gpa is like 3.7 and dat score of 25AA.

2nd batch, 3.4 GPA but I scored well in RC, OC and QR. No red flags, few hundred shadowing hours

For those that interviewed at UNLV already, how long was the interview and how was it? Also, whats the essay portion? Do you actually have to write an essay? Thanks for the input and I hope to see some of you guys there next friday!

Reactions: 1 user
For those that interviewed at UNLV already, how long was the interview and how was it? Also, whats the essay portion? Do you actually have to write an essay? Thanks for the input and I hope to see some of you guys there next friday!
There are two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a current dental student, each interview was around 25~30 minutes! The writing portion was more of just answering questions

how was the interview process? Did they drill you with ethical questions or was it more relaxed, get to know you type of Qs? Thanks

how was the interview process? Did they drill you with ethical questions or was it more relaxed, get to know you type of Qs? Thanks
They really made sure that you were relaxed and comfortable during the interview! It honestly didn't even feel like it was a interview, just a really friendly conversation with faculty and students.

Looking at you guys score make me nervous !!

I only have a 28 preinterview score, hope I did ok in my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at you guys score make me nervous !!

I only have a 28 preinterview score, hope I did ok in my interview.
I have 29 before the interview lol. on the same boat I guess

I have 29 before the interview lol. on the same boat I guess
I remember the staff member
Saying the average score was a 50 at
my Interview but not sure if that's the average accepted or not.

I also remember Dr Kingsley mentioned something like that during my interview as well, hope thats true.

Really, sometimes I shake my head....all you have to search for is UNLV dental formula

interesting they are so open about their admission formula. i wish other schools revealed their formula or maybe its just a google search away?! interviewing this friday (17th). good to know its relaxed. good luck to anyone else that will be there!

Ill be there this Friday too! See you there
Can one of you guys attending the interview this Friday ask what the average acceptance score was last year? I thought she said around 50-55 but I'm not sure.

How long did it take for everyone's status to change after sending in the supplemental? I sent mine in quite some time ago, and at the same time as a few other schools, and my status still says waiting additional information. :eyebrow:

Can one of you guys attending the interview this Friday ask what the average acceptance score was last year? I thought she said around 50-55 but I'm not sure.
It better be 50-55 otherwise, I have no chance of getting in which is..... oh don't want to think..

Quick q for everyone!
How often do you send e mails ( thank you email or general question email) to the factulty whom you interviewed with.. do they ever response to your email?
I have not heard any from them and worder I shouldn't have sent e mail at all?!!

Quick q for everyone!
How often do you send e mails ( thank you email or general question email) to the factulty whom you interviewed with.. do they ever response to your email?
I have not heard any from them and worder I shouldn't have sent e mail at all?!!

I thought about it too and I don't send thank you emails. I think its kind of cheesy and there really is no need to let them know how interested you are or how great of a time it was. Just the fact that you applied and interviewed shows interest.

I thought about it too and I don't send thank you emails. I think its kind of cheesy and there really is no need to let them know how interested you are or how great of a time it was. Just the fact that you applied and interviewed shows interest.
I completely agree. I have noticed that most of the time they don't even want to give out their email!

I received genuine responses from the thank-you letters I sent as well as offers to answer any questions as they come up. It's not cheesy at all, it's a polite thing to do, just like at job interviews. Necessary for dental interviews? Probably not, but I would think it doesnt hurt.

I received genuine responses from the thank-you letters I sent as well as offers to answer any questions as they come up. It's not cheesy at all, it's a polite thing to do, just like at job interviews. Necessary for dental interviews? Probably not, but I would think it doesnt hurt.
I guess it really depends on the professor I interviewed with.... So far, I have not recieved anything from anyone, and it got me thinking may be I shouldn't send any and do not bother them...

Does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are post December? I just got an interview invite today and scheduled for January. Does unlv typically fill up most of its class in December? Thanks!

Does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are post December? I just got an interview invite today and scheduled for January. Does unlv typically fill up most of its class in December? Thanks!
Was just there today. They said you definitely have a better chance pre Dec

They are not going to require any higher scores from post Dec. However if you interview early,( pre dec) then your file will be reviewed more, thus better chance of getting in.

omg UNLV was ahhhhmazing

Reactions: 1 users
For the people that have already interviewed, what was the writing/essay portion like? Thanks! :)

Yes, someone who have already interviewed could please tell us this would be nice, as I just got an invite today, but my scheduled interview is not until Jan.23rd (since all dates before Dec. are full).

For the people that have already interviewed, what was the writing/essay portion like? Thanks! :)
Its more of answering several questions, not too bad, typical questions you would get asked during the interview! Make sure you manage your time, because it IS timed.

Its more of answering several questions, not too bad, typical questions you would get asked during the interview! Make sure you manage your time, because it IS timed.
Thank you! I was worried it would actually be an essay! I appreciate the response!

Am I the only one that wants to go out in Vegas after the interview? It's a Friday...and it's Vegas....

Reactions: 2 users
No, you're not the only one, I plan to stay there 5-6 days depend on work schedule ;)

A buddy of mine also has the same interview date so we are definitely making a trip out of it. I feel that it is essential to experience the culture of a city if I might live there for 4 years. :)

Just got a rejection a few minutes ago. Not too upset, I've gotten pre December interviews at my top 3.
20 AA 3.88 sGPA WICHE applicant from NM. Junior standing (64 credits)