***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Wow pre-December interviews are full? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be there tomorrow. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received another "application still with us" email ;(
Got the one on 9/2 as well ;(
I'm looking for a corner to self pity now;((

Last year they sent this email on Oct 7, expect a couple more of these. They also sent it on Dec 2 as well, looking at western's class of 2019 thread. I got the same email. Hopefully we hear back soon

I got it too, I appreciate that they are trying to update us but every time I get email notification my heart stops!! so nerve wrecking!

Reactions: 1 users
Well, its better than don't hear anything at all!!!

i guess i don't really need to post at this point, but yeah i got the same email just now haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my first "application still with us" email today. I guess it's better than a rejection, haha!
I'm 7th batch.

same email again, I want interview :diebanana:

btw mailed out 8/7

The first day of interview is this saturday 10/3/15. I will let you know after !
Hey LukeD, how was your 10/3 interview? I'm very curious to hear about it :)

Does anyone have an interview coming up for this school?

I have one coming up and was wondering if there's anyone who'd be willing to answer a few questions that I have about it? Thanks guys!

If you guys want to hear about interviews and questions I had, message me!

Reactions: 5 users
sorry for the non-interview related aside, but Western doesn't offer specialties, right?

They have Friday interviews 20 people
Saturday interviews 100 people
Six pre-december interview dates total

Wait theres only 6 dates for Pre december...and 100 on Saturday? what...

Can anyone else confirm this info too? :(

Yeah a buddy of mine said he interviewed with about 75 people and this was 3 years ago, so I can believe it haha

Yeah a buddy of mine said he interviewed with about 75 people and this was 3 years ago, so I can believe it haha
I was at October interview and they cut numbers down to 50. And last year they only interviewed 310 people total

Is Western a group interview with several interviewees?

This is what Dr. Turchi told me at UC Davis Health Conference this last weekend.

Is Western a group interview with several interviewees?
They are individual interviews. But u just happen to be tied in a group for a order of getting interviews.

Got faked out by another Preview Day email...... :smack:

Reactions: 7 users
I have received an email on oct 5th stating that my application is still under review for the DMD program and just now I have received this wired email:

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview for WesternU’s College of Podiatric Medicine. Interviews will be held at our Pomona, California campus. You can expect to be on campus from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 1:15 p.m. You can view local airport and hotel information on our Interviewee Web Page.
We are currently scheduling interviews for:
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Please call me or reply to this email to let me know if you can attend this date.
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Congratulations!

I didnt apply to the podi program ! how is that possible !?

Reactions: 6 users
I have received an email on oct 5th stating that my application is still under review for the DMD program and just now I have received this wired email:

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview for WesternU’s College of Podiatric Medicine. Interviews will be held at our Pomona, California campus. You can expect to be on campus from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 1:15 p.m. You can view local airport and hotel information on our Interviewee Web Page.
We are currently scheduling interviews for:
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Please call me or reply to this email to let me know if you can attend this date.
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Congratulations!

I didnt apply to the podi program ! how is that possible !?
Let's hope they meant dental medicine and you get your interview.

Let's hope they meant dental medicine and you get your interview.
I think it's my karma!! few days ago I was talking to friend of mine who is applying to medical school and we were making fun of podiatry and how much we hate it and there you go, I got this interview !! a slap from universe!!:hurting:

I was at October interview and they cut numbers down to 50. And last year they only interviewed 310 people total

Really?? I was there in October and remember the lecture hall for the dental student Q and A being completely filled. It was close to 100 students if not more.

Really?? I was there in October and remember the lecture hall for the dental student Q and A being completely filled. It was close to 100 students if not more.
Maybe I was thinking about in terms of my group haha yeah group 2 was about 50 so together it should be around 100