*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I know the majority of y'all have already taken your DAT but is Prometric having problems? I've been trying to reschedule my DAT since yesterday and everytime I enter in my confirmation number and last name, it says that it is invalid.
I'm just entering in the confirmation # they gave me when I registered for the test and I'm pretty sure I know my last name lol

Do you press "enter" on your keyboard when entering that information? When I used to do that, I got the invalid message too.
Instead, what you do is that you enter your information, and then use your mouse to click the submit button.

Do you press "enter" on your keyboard when entering that information? When I used to do that, I got the invalid message too.
Instead, what you do is that you enter your information, and then use your mouse to click the submit button.

To clarify, the confirmation is this right? "Your application, DAT-XXXXXX to take the Dental Admission Test has been processed."
The Xs?

Or is it our Dent Pin?

Sighs. Well, either one I use it keeps saying it's invalid. I hope it's because it's a weekend. I sent them an email already.

I hope it's because it's a weekend. I sent them an email already.

Hope you get a good answer soon, bud

The only thing that I'm wondering is- is your new test date still within the 6 month period that Prometric gives you to take the DAT, or is it more than 6 months from when you first registered for the DAT?

Reactions: 1 user
Hope you get a good answer soon, bud

The only thing that I'm wondering is- is your new test date still within the 6 month period that Prometric gives you to take the DAT, or is it more than 6 months from when you first registered for the DAT?

Yes, I am allowed to take it from April 28 - October 28 2016.
I know that the rescheduling fee is $60 is you are 6-30 buisness days from your test. However, if you are 5 days they charged you $100. I sent them an email acknowleding I have a problem so it's not like I didn't try to do anything.

I'm just going to take this experience as a chance to grow in the virtue of patience. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm just going to take this experience as a chance to grow in the virtue of patience. :)

People with your kind of mindset- of making the best of the current situation- make excellent dentists :)

I am incredibly embarrassed. The number the ADA gives you isn't the confirmation number. It's on the actual receipt prometric gives you. Wow. What a fail on my part.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys know that schools won't look at applications until July? I got an email from Houston that the admissions Committee is reviewing applications

How do you guys know that schools won't look at applications until July? I got an email from Houston that the admissions Committee is reviewing applications
When did you submit and when were you verified/transmitted to schools?

Wait, why do you say August? I heard that it's only early if it's in by the end of july. If you submit in august it wouldn't be in until sept.

I've been told it truly doesn't matter. Just submit ASAP but don't stress. Btw, you can still submit without your LORs and DAT. Oh and transcripts.

Hey how long did ya'll give for TMDSAS to say they received your transcript? I sent mine all the same day from different schools and only one has been posted. It's been almost 2 weeks since sent. I know it says 10 days, but curious how long others have had.

Hey how long did ya'll give for TMDSAS to say they received your transcript? I sent mine all the same day from different schools and only one has been posted. It's been almost 2 weeks since sent. I know it says 10 days, but curious how long others have had.
I sent my app in on 5/21 and 1 transcript was received on 5/27 (electronic) and the other on 6/10 (mail).

Anyone not write essays and leave the boxes blank on Baylors secondary application? Is it common to not write them?

So the classes I took as a post bac student, A&P 1-2, Environmental Microbiology, Biomedical applications, were reclassified as "Other Science" even though they were taught by biology professors and are listed under the biology department. Only a few of them were actually classified as biology classes.
Well. I guess I wasted a lot of money taking these classes then. Sighs....

So the classes I took as a post bac student, A&P 1-2, Environmental Microbiology, Biomedical applications, were reclassified as "Other Science" even though they were taught by biology professors and are listed under the biology department. Only a few of them were actually classified as biology classes.
Well. I guess I wasted a lot of money taking these classes then. Sighs....

It's really weird that A&P would be classified as other science. But why would it matter? Dental schools will still see that you took them and they count in your science GPA

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It's really weird that A&P would be classified as other science. But why would it matter? Dental schools will still see that you took them and they count in your science GPA

The BCPM GPA matters most doesn't it?
Well I suppose you are right. They do look at it all. Guess I'm just disappointed that my GPA isn't what I expected since those classes are "other sciences".

The BCPM GPA matters most doesn't it?
Well I suppose you are right. They do look at it all. Guess I'm just disappointed that my GPA isn't what I expected since those classes are "other sciences".

Oh yeah you're right, I'm confusing TMDSAS with AADSAS lol. That's annoying though :/ you don't want to call and check with them? I seriously don't understand how A&P is other science

How do you know if things got reclassified? My transcripts have been verified but my GPAs didn't change. Does this mean that I put everything in correctly?

How do you know if things got reclassified? My transcripts have been verified but my GPAs didn't change. Does this mean that I put everything in correctly?

Sure?

I suggest checking the entries.

When they send them out to schools your GPA is verified. My GPA changed like 3 hours before they sent it out to the schools

Second question -

On the Baylor supplemental app, for the two boxes that say "Overcame or is experiencing extreme hardship" and "Other adverse circumstances", what are we expected to write? This is basically the same prompt as the TMDSAS optional essay, which I chose to wrote, so I feel redundant saying the same things...

How formal should the format be? Are we straight up answering it, or must they be essays too? :rofl:

If you did not experience any significant hardships, you can just leave it blank and you'll be fine.

I actually did, so I will def be filling them out. For others who might be wondering, I called Baylor and they told me it has no word limit, and writing style is up to you. But like I mentioned earlier, I wrote about adversity in my optional essay, so I gotta figure out how to re-spin my story in Baylor's app so they're not reading the same thing twice...? :shrug:
Yeah, most people I know (myself included) decided not to use the same essay for the secondary that was used in the other TMDSAS essays. I left the secondary blank and it wasn't an issue. You could re-write the essay but it just seems redundant to me.

Hmm, wow. I would feel so uneasy leaving anything unfilled! Baylor also mentioned that apparently they read supplementals before the TMDSAS essays. So I think what I'll do is keep it short and sweet in the supplemental, and then they can get the full story from my essays...

Btw - its 4:50 am and I just finished combing through last year's TMDSAS thread. :laugh: I read through your whole process & I just want to say congrats on getting Baylor @Advance! Hope to join you next year :D
Thanks! Good luck this cycle. ;)

Anyone get the same email twice from Houston about receiving your application? Mine were a week apart but it was the exact same email lol

Anyone get the same email twice from Houston about receiving your application? Mine were a week apart but it was the exact same email lol

Same thing happened to me this morning lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Random question, for Baylor and the other Texas schools, did they give you options for interview dates or just tell you what day you are?

Random question, for Baylor and the other Texas schools, did they give you options for interview dates or just tell you what day you are?

Baylor assigns you a date, and from what I've heard they aren't very flexible when it comes to rescheduling.
Houston and SA also assign dates but are flexible when it comes to rescheduling.

Baylor assigns you a date, and from what I've heard they aren't very flexible when it comes to rescheduling.
Houston and SA also assign dates but are flexible when it comes to rescheduling.

Do they have specific days of the week?

Last edited:
Do they have specific days of the week?
Yup.
I think Baylor has interviews any weekday if i'm not mistaken. (My interview was on a Friday.)
UTHSCSA has them on Mondays.
Houston has them on Tuesdays.

Actually, looking back at my interview emails it seems UTHSCSA has the same policy as Baylor when it comes to rescheduling interviews.
If you want to reschedule with them your application will have to go through the entire review process again and another interview spot isn't guaranteed.

Yup.
I think Baylor has interviews any weekday if i'm not mistaken. (My interview was on a Friday.)
UTHSCSA has them on Mondays.
Houston has them on Tuesdays.

Actually, looking back at my interview emails it seems UTHSCSA has the same policy as Baylor when it comes to rescheduling interviews.
If you want to reschedule with them your application will have to go through the entire review process again and another interview spot isn't guaranteed.
ohh got it. thank you so much! good luck at Baylor :)

Oh dear... That scares the crap outta me.

So you know how on the TMDSAS app they ask you to list what out of state schools you are applying to? I didn't list any when I submitted it because I didn't really consider any out of state schools at the time. What if I decide I want to apply to one or two? Am I not allowed to now?