Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So who's interviewing on Monday the 12th?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else get a blank email from admissions? I submitted my secondary app on 9/29, got the under review e-mail on 9/30 and recently became complete with my DO letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 9/30, Complete/Received/Under review email 10/9. 4-6 weeks for decision.
For me, 6 weeks is the week before Thanksgiving. It's either going to be a happy or sad Thanksgiving, but food-filled nonetheless.

Also, if we could all just fill this out...
Just hit reply and add your info.

UserID - Submitted Secondary/Complete/Pre-II Rejection/II/II Attended/Post-II status
NBLogical - Sub'd 9/30/Complete 10/9/No/No/No/No

Anyone who has interviewed here, do you have any tips?

Anyone who has interviewed here, do you have any tips?

Spoke with my friend who interviewed here, interview is only 20 minutes long, which will go by quickly so be succinct with your responses.

See you tomorrow then!

By the way, just a heads up, all of our speculation about the deposit being refundable is no longer true. It says on TUN's website that as of July 2015 all deposits are completely non-refundable. Hope you all made a lot of money in Vegas ;)

Does anyone know the email for admissions here? Couldn't find it on their website.

Best of luck to everyone interviewing at TUN today! Be confident, professional, calm, polite, and smile :)
TUN DO19, OMS-I

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still having a hard time getting through to schedule an interview? I have been calling all morning with no luck and their voicemailbox is full.

Anyone still having a hard time getting through to schedule an interview? I have been calling all morning with no luck and their voicemailbox is full.

There was two interview groups all day today so they weren't in the office.

Officially gave up my interview to this school yesterday! I hope it goes to one of you guys still waiting to hear :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody have any feedback as to how their interview day went and how their actual interview went? You can post here or PM me :) Thanks guys/gals and congrats once again!

Anybody have any feedback as to how their interview day went and how their actual interview went? You can post here or PM me :) Thanks guys/gals and congrats once again!

Very laid back. Mostly sitting in one room having presentations. Also a short tour and a 20 min open file interview with two faculty members. They know your file pretty damn well and will ask you specific questions about yourself and experiences as well as some standard questions. Everyone was extremely friendly and I got the sense there was a tight knit kind of community there. I really liked the school and would love to go there. They said a decision will come in 3 weeks.

Just received an "under review" email. Is this good news??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received an "under review" email. Is this good news??

Submitted 9/18. Under review email 9/30 saying supplemental received and it should be 4-6 weeks for a decision. Yesterday 10/13, I received a SECOND under review email saying that I should anticipate 6-8 weeks for review. Anyone else experience this?

Submitted 9/18. Under review email 9/30 saying supplemental received and it should be 4-6 weeks for a decision. Yesterday 10/13, I received a SECOND under review email saying that I should anticipate 6-8 weeks for review. Anyone else experience this?
My uninformed opinion tells me this is similar to a hold or a re-review at a later date.
Or it might not be you at all and the adcoms are on vacation or something, thus pushing app review further back.

Mine looks like the second review email as well

this makes john stamos very sad

because this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 3.27.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 3.27.12 PM.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 78
I got an II last week, just called to tell them I was no longer interested. Hope it goes to one of you still waiting!

Got an II invite!

Got an II invite!

When were you complete?

Edit: I spoke with them on the phone and they said the admissions committee would be out of the office for a week so we wouldn't hear anything until they return.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invitation. I will be declining the offer however. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

When were you complete?

Edit: I spoke with them on the phone and they said the admissions committee would be out of the office for a week so we wouldn't hear anything until they return.

I received the "app under review" email August 20th

Congrats! :) Can you tell us when you were complete and your stats plz?

Sure! cGPA: 3.7 MCAT: 508. Submitted secondary 8/14 but my committee letter didn't go in until 9/11. Received the completed email on 10/2

II today! Under review email received on 8/25.
3.8x GPA and 25 MCAT.

One of the emails I got had the subject "Hello From Touro College" and the other was "TUN: Your Application is in Review"

Anyone else get the same?

What do you think it means?

My gut is that they got delayed with all of the holidays and breaks that they had and they are extending their cushion to get back to us. If it was a true "hold" or "waitlist" they would have explicitly said it. When did you submit your letters/secondary?

My gut is that they got delayed with all of the holidays and breaks that they had and they are extending their cushion to get back to us. If it was a true "hold" or "waitlist" they would have explicitly said it. When did you submit your letters/secondary?
That seems reasonable. I was complete 9/30

That seems reasonable. I was complete 9/30

So was I and they were out of the office for the past like two weeks for the majority of the time for holidays...

So was I and they were out of the office for the past like two weeks for the majority of the time for holidays...

Did you get two complete emails. I think I make a great candidate seeing the people getting interviews!! Hopefully we get an invite.

Did you get two complete emails. I think I make a great candidate seeing the people getting interviews!! Hopefully we get an invite.

Yup one on 9/30 and one on 10/15. Same!

I hope it doesn't mean we are in some reject pile lol. I really want to interview here

I wouldn't sweat it. We have absolutely no clue why they sent us two emails so not worth thinking it to be the most negative reason. No news is good news, my friend.

II yesterday. OOS Lizzy M-64. Application was ready for review on Oct 2. Looking forward to it!

I got the second under review email today too.... weird. First one was on Oct 9th