TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Friday is their early day off. I called about 20 minutes ago and my interviewer actually picked up. She said that we can check Monday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who are still waiting to hear back/awaiting interview.....I just wanted to share my experience interviewing for this program. I thought my interview went horribly. It seemed like a rapid-fire/stress interview. They cut me off after a sentence or two on every question. This was extremely unnerving as I had prepared well for the interview. BUT I got in! Don't panic if you had a similar experience! It seems like some interviewers are just checking to make sure that you are human and can handle pressure decently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke with Ms. Mercado about 30 minutes ago after calling her numerous times this morning. She did not give me the answer regarding to my final outcome; only said I should expect the notification within a week or so. :( My interviewer actually said I should have heard back from them by last Thursday. I interviewed on May 7th, BTW. Guess those who got answers right away were lucky. Overall, I think she is a nice lady, but she has not been too helpful in my case. For the record, I have never received the email saying my application was complete. When I inquired (by email) to see whether they had received all the materials I sent, it took her three weeks to reply back :rolleyes:. I guess inconsistency is one of the few things consistent in this whole med school application process.....

Last edited:
NVM, just received the acceptance letter from Ms. Mercado 5 minutes ago. Finally!!!

Just spoke with Ms. Mercado about 30 minutes ago after calling her numerous times this morning. She did not give me the answer regarding to my final outcome; only said I should expect the notification within a week or so. :( My interviewer actually said I should have heard back from them by last Thursday. I interviewed on May 7th, BTW. Guess those who got answers right away were lucky. Overall, I think she is a nice lady, but she has not been too helpful in my case. For the record, I have never received the email saying my application was complete. When I inquired (by email) to see whether they had received all the materials I sent, it took her three weeks to reply back :rolleyes:. I guess inconsistency is one of the few things consistent in this whole med school application process.....

I had my interview on April 10 without hearing back, and she said the same thing to me when I called her today

Hi everyone. I was just accepted into Touro's masters program starting in July. Anyone else in my current position??

Last edited:
Congrats to all the newly accepted people!!!

Guys- I had an interview on April 10th, and didn't hear back since. I've been emailing Ms. Mercado, Dr. Prancan, and Mr. Ruiz without getting any replies. I've also been calling Ms. Mercado, who kept telling me week after week to wait for a notification that should come at the end of the week (which never came). I'm really at a loss, and not sure what to do now. Suggestions? Should I wait another week, or just accept that this is a rejection?

Guys- I had an interview on April 10th, and didn't hear back since. I've been emailing Ms. Mercado, Dr. Prancan, and Mr. Ruiz without getting any replies. I've also been calling Ms. Mercado, who kept telling me week after week to wait for a notification that should come at the end of the week (which never came). I'm really at a loss, and not sure what to do now. Suggestions? Should I wait another week, or just accept that this is a rejection?
I think many people who got accepted had to wait a few weeks to hear back. I heard that they are usually quicker with the rejection letters than acceptance letters. I think they are trying to get the last acceptances out and also trying to send out school information to the accepted students before the end of the month.

to those who have been accepted, we should definitely have a meet & greet sometime soon! It would be nice to know other people in the same program especially knowing we make a small part of the incoming first year class!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Today marks two weeks since my interview. I have one question: does an interview always precede an acceptance. I'm getting so anxious just waiting for a response. If I'm going to be rejected, I want to know now. Sorry for the pessimism. How long were everyone's average wait times if they interviewed and were accepted?

Hey everyone! Today marks two weeks since my interview. I have one question: does an interview always precede an acceptance. I'm getting so anxious just waiting for a response. If I'm going to be rejected, I want to know now. Sorry for the pessimism. How long were everyone's average wait times if they interviewed and were accepted?

i waited almost 4 full weeks from the time I interviewed until my acceptance. An interview doesn't GUARANTEE you an acceptance, but your odds are definitely pretty good! Just relax and make yourself a drink and let it happen :)

I'm in the same boat as you I interviewed on May 5th and I am still waiting to hear back, the wait is truly the most difficult part. I am hoping I get some good news soon, but was told I would hear something last Thursday. Yet it isn't uncommon to wait up to a month to hear back, so we will just have to wait and see.

Hello everyone. I decided to take a chance and call again...and I got accepted :claps::soexcited:. I'm so relieved now and happy of course.

Hello everyone. I decided to take a chance and call again...and I got accepted :claps::soexcited:. I'm so relieved now and happy of course.
Congrats! What were your stats?

Is anyone else on hold??

Congrats! What were your stats?

Is anyone else on hold??

Yeah they told me i was on hold too. They say to call back either on Friday or Monday and they will have an answer. When was your interview?

Yeah they told me i was on hold too. They say to call back either on Friday or Monday and they will have an answer. When was your interview?
I haven't had one. I've been on hold since I applied. Do you know if the class is full yet?

Oh. I was put on hold after my interview. As of last week i was told it was far from full. They told me to call on Friday, hopefully they will have an answer for you then also

Hey Everyone! Although I'm a NYer, I need to move closer to Touro. Are any females looking to share a roommate? Maybe we can help each other out in this apartment hunt. Let me know :) Also maybe some of us NY sdners can meet up before the program starts. I'm taking the anatomy course so I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

Does anyone know how full the class is ?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back ?

Does anyone know how full the class is ?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back ?
+1. The wait is seriously painful at this point. Last I heard from the office, the class wasn't full.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the TouroCOM Masters program and had a quick question. Are the students in the Ms program only in the Harlem campus or can they in the Middletown campus S

sorry about the above..I was trying to ask if the students can elect to attend the Middletown campus.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the schedule for this year??? Any accepted students get it already or have any way of finding out??

I need to hire a babysitter for when class starts and have no clue which day is test day, what hours are like o Friday, and in general what to expect hour-wise Mon-Thursday

If anyone can help plz do!

Nvm got my answers.

Anyone do the masters program with an infant? Any tips?

FYI for those of us still waiting: Touro is closing early tomorrow and they'll be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, according to their academic calendar. Not sure if that means faculty will be out too..

FYI for those of us still waiting: Touro is closing early tomorrow and they'll be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, according to their academic calendar. Not sure if that means faculty will be out too..
yes it will be close, you better call them next week.

i just spoke with Ms. Mercado earlier today, she pretty much said that we should either get good news or bad news hopefully by the end of next week for everyone still waiting. Also, they're having the graduation ceremony and that's why they are off a few days this week. Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know if Lissette ever tells people that they are rejected over the phone?

Does anyone know if Lissette ever tells people that they are rejected over the phone?
I really don't think so. From what I've heard, if they decide on a rejection, she'll make sure to send an e-mail. Rejections go out before everything else.

when I spoke to financial aid they said to check out touro email so we know how much aid we will be receiving. does anyone know when students who are not doing the summer courses will receive our touro email addresses and student IDs? I've seen a list of books students have recommended when do we purchase our books and make our class schedule? thank you for your help

when I spoke to financial aid they said to check out touro email so we know how much aid we will be receiving. does anyone know when students who are not doing the summer courses will receive our touro email addresses and student IDs? I've seen a list of books students have recommended when do we purchase our books and make our class schedule? thank you for your help

I was wondering the same thing. I sent out my FAFSA out and also signed my promissory note for the financial aid. I haven't received an email yet from Touro and I haven't received any paper work about the finical aid from the school. I wonder if they are sending this stuff out soon.

whaat , I'm doing the summer course, and still havent received any info or a touro email address either.

Does anyone know if we are supposed to apply this regular DO cycle even if we were admitted into the Masters program this year? Even though the acceptance letter states we are conditionally accepted it doesn't really go into to much detail other than the GPA and test requirements.

I don't think they're interviewing anymore. I've also heard that next week, most of the last applicants who have interviewed will receive their response

I don't think we have to apply through aacomas I was under the impression just fulfill the requirements and were in

QUOTE="lyfe823, post: 15304943, member: 593504"]Does anyone know if we are supposed to apply this regular DO cycle even if we were admitted into the Masters program this year? Even though the acceptance letter states we are conditionally accepted it doesn't really go into to much detail other than the GPA and test requirements.[/QUOTE]
i

Yeah, I think you're right. Hoping to get more info on the program soon before I commit to the cross country move. Anyone find any useful info online in terms of living and/or the program itself that hasn't been repeated on sdn?

Did any one heard back from Lissette Mercado since last week regarding acceptance ? or registration process?

meh.

Applied since end of March. was complete by mid April. I have not heard a peep! I called sometime early May and was told by Lisette they were still reviewing apps. I am so confused! Are they planning to submit responses by the end of June and have us mad dash to set our lives up if accepted?

Is there anyone currently in the program able to shed some light on this whole app process. By what time last year were notifications sent out? And what is the first day of classes for the A&P summer course, and the Fall Semester?

Yeah, I think you're right. Hoping to get more info on the program soon before I commit to the cross country move. Anyone find any useful info online in terms of living and/or the program itself that hasn't been repeated on sdn?

He's right. You don't apply via AACOMAS. You basically have a seat in the next DO class, it's reserved for you. However, it's yours to LOSE by not making the 3.5 cutoff or passing the comprehensive exam.

There's a wealth of information in the 20 pages of this thread. If you read that you'll honestly know everything.. it's pretty much how I learned a ton. You can also join the FB groups if you've been accepted. Upperclassmen are actively answering questions on them.