TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi! I have an interview next Friday just freaking out a little bit. anyone have any interview questions that they were asked? I am trying to find online when exactly the m.s one year program begins and ends date wise! Any comments would be extremely helpful. Good luck to everyone who are applying as well :)
When were you complete???

Members don't see this ad.

When were you complete???
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you mean complete? My interview is for the Master's TOURCOM program. I found the start date July 27th! I am reading back on all the posts and see the general why do you want to be a doctor, why touro etc questions. Were there any unusual questions or hypothetical situations I can apply ahead for? Any questions about health today etc?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you mean complete? My interview is for the Master's TOURCOM program. I found the start date July 27th! I am reading back on all the posts and see the general why do you want to be a doctor, why touro etc questions. Were there any unusual questions or hypothetical situations I can apply ahead for? Any questions about health today etc?
when did you submit all the required documents (transcript, mcat, EC etc)? I am still waiting for an interview therefore i just wanted to see why i did not get an invite yet.

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Just some info for those who weren't able to attend the open house today at Harlem:
- It seems like all the administrative faculty are at a conference this week, which is why we might not have heard anything yet. Hopefully we will get some good news when they're back next week!
- We got to talk to 2 current med students, one of which did the masters program. The school highly recommended and they both mostly had good things to say.
- If you do the masters program, you still have to repeat the same courses as a first year students. But it seems like it's helpful for your boards since you're taking it all twice.
- They're still in the process of accrediting the masters program at middletown, but hopefully it will be open by 2016 and maybe even sooner.

If I can remember anything else I will be sure to let you guys know. The rest was mostly the generic info we already know

I was given an invite to this program... they said if interested email them. It still has to go through the final processes of being approved but they are optimistic!

So will the middletown program start this July as well? Or will the program start next year?

AWESOME…did you directly reply to that email and fill out that form or did you email beth or someone from the harlem masters program?

I did not.. I will be going to the Harlem Masters Program so I never replied to the email. But if interested, that's what I would do!

Is there a difference in the program? How did you find out about it?

I don't honestly know anything about the program since I won't be going there but I assume it's not any different from the one in Harlem, just the location. Since their medical schools curriculum are the same I imagine that the masters programs are the same. I found out through an email!

So will the middletown program start this July as well? Or will the program start next year?

Since I didn't talk to anyone, I'm not quite sure when it starts. In the email it says it's for the class of 2016. "we hope to accept students into the inaugural MS class of 2016 on the TouroCOM Middletown campus soon. The MS Class of 2016 at the Harlem campus will soon be filled. " This is from the email - so I would think it too starts in July. If all goes as planned!

Since I didn't talk to anyone, I'm not quite sure when it starts. In the email it says it's for the class of 2016. "we hope to accept students into the inaugural MS class of 2016 on the TouroCOM Middletown campus soon. The MS Class of 2016 at the Harlem campus will soon be filled. " This is from the email - so I would think it too starts in July. If all goes as planned!

Did the email say anything about whether or not they would have the same policy as Harlems' (3.5 GPA + pass on cumulative = auto acceptance to DO)

Did the email say anything about whether or not they would have the same policy as Harlems' (3.5 GPA + pass on cumulative = auto acceptance to DO)

No, unfortunately it didn't say anything about that. I'm sorry! I would call them on Monday though and ask for information

I did not.. I will be going to the Harlem Masters Program so I never replied to the email. But if interested, that's what I would do!

I don't honestly know anything about the program since I won't be going there but I assume it's not any different from the one in Harlem, just the location. Since their medical schools curriculum are the same I imagine that the masters programs are the same. I found out through an email!

How did you get this email? Was it just randomly sent to some applicants?

I've tried looking on the website for info about the Middletown campus master's program but there's nothing on there

There wouldn't be anything posted on it because it isn't official yet. I think if they are implementing a masters program in Middletown they're going to pool from the applicants for the Harlem MS program and give them the option of either school if accepted as well as the students who applied to the DO school and were suggested to apply to the MS program because that's how they're sending out these emails.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who was wondering/worried...Beth told me that the committee would be meeting at the end of this week, and decisions should go out shortly after...so I'm thinking sometime next week we will hear back. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who was wondering/worried...Beth told me that the committee would be meeting at the end of this week, and decisions should go out shortly after...so I'm thinking sometime next week we will hear back. Good luck everyone :)
I'm worried because I am still waiting for an interview invite. :(

Any news?? I'm still waiting for an interview invite along with others on here!

I just got an acceptance letter through email :) one thing though I dont see them mentioninf anythingg about deposit fee rather than a letter notifying them of our decision to accept or decline a seat in the program.
To those who got accepted, would you clarify on this?

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!!!! Woooo :D God is good!

All the time! Congrats!!

(My health forms are done so I'm all registered for classes, which was not as difficult as I thought it would be! Time to start apartment hunting!)

Hey Guys, I dont post much but I received my acceptance as well. I have a question though, if I choose to do the masters program does that exclude me from applying to other DO schools??

Hey Guys, I dont post much but I received my acceptance as well. I have a question though, if I choose to do the masters program does that exclude me from applying to other DO schools??

Congrats!! No it definitely doesn't exclude you from applying. Some of the students actually said they made sure to apply to schools while in the masters as a back up in case they didn't get into the program (by not meeting the 3.5 or not passing the cumulative).

For those accepted, did you receive an interview invite on the days that the committee met? Or were the IIs sent out on all random days?

Hello! My roommate and I are looking for a female roommate to complete our apartment. We'll be looking at places in mid-May as we'll both be taking the summer anatomy class. Judging on the places we've selected, rent should be somewhere around $900/month. Please message me if interested! :)

Congrats to everyone recently accepted!

is it too late to apply for the program. i graduated in 2014 , my stats are low. as there a PS?

where do u submit ur ps and test scores. I'm scared I'm too late to even apply

It's too late for this year, the application and supplemental were due on April 15th.

It's too late for this year, the application and supplemental were due on April 15th.

yess...but you can still apply to the one in CA i think

yess...but you can still apply to the one in CA i think

Right, but I don't think that Touro-CA's masters has the same policy as Touro-NY (auto-admission with a 3.5/pass on comp exam). I think that for Touro-CA, you are guaranteed an interview if you obtain a 3.0 in the masters program.

Hey, anyone looking to rent a spot before the summer anatomy class? My roommate and I are looking for one more female roommate to rent a 3BR apt near school. PM of interested!!

anybody know if their still sending out interviews? I applied mid-march, have not heard since.

anybody know if their still sending out interviews? I applied mid-march, have not heard since.

I am hoping they are! I was complete early April and was told last week that my application is still under review.

Me too. My application was complete on April 10th and when I call or send an email, Beth just says my application is complete. Does anyone know if they're still reviewing and planning on interviewing more applicants?

I hope they are. The facebook group still only has ~30 people. Also, I hope that with the potential for the Middletown masters program opening this fall, I hope they interview more people.

does anyone know how full the program is as of right now? percentage wise?

The class is a little over half full now. Beth says they are still interviewing and sending out acceptances. So keep your hopes up. She also mentioned that they don't necessarily send out statuses in the order received, which is kind of a bummer. Therefore, it would be a good idea just to check-in every so often and make sure they have not forgotten about you or lost your application. Best of luck to all! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Congrats!! No it definitely doesn't exclude you from applying. Some of the students actually said they made sure to apply to schools while in the masters as a back up in case they didn't get into the program (by not meeting the 3.5 or not passing the cumulative).

For those accepted, did you receive an interview invite on the days that the committee met? Or were the IIs sent out on all random days?

I'm not sure when the committee meets but the timeline for myself was: application complete email on 4/15, II on 4/16, interviewed in person on 4/24, accepted on 4/30. Beth Portnoy is great; She has been really helpful and responsive throughout the process. Do we have to receive our enrollment forms before we can register for the summer anatomy course?

I'm not sure when the committee meets but the timeline for myself was: application complete email on 4/15, II on 4/16, interviewed in person on 4/24, accepted on 4/30. Beth Portnoy is great; She has been really helpful and responsive throughout the process. Do we have to receive our enrollment forms before we can register for the summer anatomy course?
Nope! You can register for the summer course any time. As soon as you pay, they send you a syllabus. Congrats!

What is II? secondary application? I never got that and my application was complete on 4/12. Beth never answer my phone calls, I leave a voice message and she emails me saying that my application is complete. I'm really woried