TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is II? secondary application? I never got that and my application was complete on 4/12. Beth never answer my phone calls, I leave a voice message and she emails me saying that my application is complete. I'm really woried

II means interview invite

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope! You can register for the summer course any time. As soon as you pay, they send you a syllabus. Congrats!
Would you mind telling us how to register for the summer course? Is it on the website? I think I lost the paper they gave me at the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody else contemplating on whether to attend touro masters or LECOM postbac? Which one is better?

Is anyone currently interviewing or have interviews scheduled in the future? If so, when were you guys complete?

Is anybody else contemplating on whether to attend touro masters or LECOM postbac? Which one is better?
I got into both. I'm going to Touro. I love the people at Touro and the fact that there's a clear conditional acceptance and you end up with an actual degree at the end of the program. And it's closer to home. Everything about Touro is right for me :)

I got into both. I'm going to Touro. I love the people at Touro and the fact that there's a clear conditional acceptance and you end up with an actual degree at the end of the program. And it's closer to home. Everything about Touro is right for me :)
LECOM also has guaranteed acceptance upon competing program with 3.0, it says in their postbac acceptance letter. Also don't you think it's much more difficult to obtain a 3.5 instead of 3.0????

LECOM also has guaranteed acceptance upon competing program with 3.0, it says in their postbac acceptance letter. Also don't you think it's much more difficult to obtain a 3.5 instead of 3.0????
I'm pretty sure you've already brought up this particular topic in this same thread and multiple people gave you an answer. Not sure why you're bringing it up again (while trashing LECOM in their thread...)

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone , I'm currently a second year at TouroCom. If anyone is looking to move in June 1st please let me know via PM !

Do you get an II by phone call or email? My application was complete in mid-April, but haven't heard anything since. Recently received my acceptance to GA-PCOM Biomed program and debating waiting to see if I hear form Touro this week. Does anyone have any input on which program is better known or better in general? Thanks!

Do you get an II by phone call or email? My application was complete in mid-April, but haven't heard anything since. Recently received my acceptance to GA-PCOM Biomed program and debating waiting to see if I hear form Touro this week. Does anyone have any input on which program is better known or better in general? Thanks!
Phone call. GA-PCOM offers a pretty competitive program from what I've heard. I can't confirm which is better, but I vaguely recall the matriculation into the DO program not being as strenuous.

I was also complete mid April and haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping we hear back very soon. What are your stats like if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all. So I was in the NYC area just yesterday and thought I'd swing by the school to get a feel of it. Beth was awesome about me walking in without any notice and showed me around campus. I asked her about the number of available seats. She said the committee to this day are still going through applications and are still interviewing/accepting people, so keep your hopes up! Also for those of you who were waitlisted, Beth told me that just recently Touro-COM Middletown campus got approved for starting the M.S. program this fall. She said that they'll be moving the stronger candidates on the waiting list to the Middletown campus to complete the MS program there. The number of seats for the MS program there however is much smaller than the Harlem campus.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, does anyone know how the classes are curved? If 60% are accepted into their medical school, does that mean 40% achieve a GPA of less than 3.5? I'm a non trad student (with a family), thinking of leaving a well paying job. 50K is a serious investment and I just want to be prepared. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted.

Hello all. So I was in the NYC area just yesterday and thought I'd swing by the school to get a feel of it. Beth was awesome about me walking in without any notice and showed me around campus. I asked her about the number of available seats. She said the committee to this day are still going through applications and are still interviewing/accepting people, so keep your hopes up! Also for those of you who were waitlisted, Beth told me that just recently Touro-COM Middletown campus got approved for starting the M.S. program this fall. She said that they'll be moving the stronger candidates on the waiting list to the Middletown campus to complete the MS program there. The number of seats for the MS program there however is much smaller than the Harlem campus.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear they're still interviewing. Did she mention how many people were currently on the wait list and how many seats would be open for the Middletown campus? How much is much smaller?

Hi all, I have a phone interview tomorrow for Touro Middletown. Not sure what its going to be like at all since I have not heard anything from the campus since the email notice but hoping it goes well. I guess a phone panel?? Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing tomorrow

Hi all, I have a phone interview tomorrow for Touro Middletown. Not sure what its going to be like at all since I have not heard anything from the campus since the email notice but hoping it goes well. I guess a phone panel?? Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing tomorrow

Good luck! Were you wait listed for the Harlem campus? How did you get the phone interview?

Good luck! Were you wait listed for the Harlem campus? How did you get the phone interview?

Thanks! I have no idea what is going to happen. I never applied to the Harlem campus. I applied to the DO program at Middleton and was emailed around may to see if I was interested in having my application forwarded to the new MS program at Middletown for review if it gets approved. So I granted access and I was told I got an interview this week for today. I did not even know about their MS program at this campus at all..I was considering the CA one because 3.0 seems easier than 3.5 to be honest :p

Thanks! I have no idea what is going to happen. I never applied to the Harlem campus. I applied to the DO program at Middleton and was emailed around may to see if I was interested in having my application forwarded to the new MS program at Middletown for review if it gets approved. So I granted access and I was told I got an interview this week for today. I did not even know about their MS program at this campus at all..I was considering the CA one because 3.0 seems easier than 3.5 to be honest :p

Oh, that makes sense! Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you'll do great! Keep us posted ;)

how did you think your interview went? I had one today too.

I just had my skype interview for the MS program in Harlem. Man it was a lot shorter and less involved than I thought, but still I'll take it. As I've read on here Dr. Prancan advised I consider re-taking the MCAT even before the semester starts. But...I mean...should I really when I haven't been studying since my last one (which was the old version) and then to cram it and most likely receive a poor score? Or...? He said it would broaden my options since I have a decent app otherwise. I didn't mention it to them but I really really want to go to Touro so I'm fine with getting in through the MS program. Any advice?

I just had my skype interview for the MS program in Harlem. Man it was a lot shorter and less involved than I thought, but still I'll take it. As I've read on here Dr. Prancan advised I consider re-taking the MCAT even before the semester starts. But...I mean...should I really when I haven't been studying since my last one (which was the old version) and then to cram it and most likely receive a poor score? Or...? He said it would broaden my options since I have a decent app otherwise. I didn't mention it to them but I really really want to go to Touro so I'm fine with getting in through the MS program. Any advice?

I would say it depends on your current MCAT. Although you may get a guaranteed interview to the DO school, you have to still have a competitive application to get accepted to Touro after the MS program. It is possible that Dr Prancan was advising you to take it again so your application will be more competitive to Touro DO school after you complete the MS program... Just a thought. And you can take 2-3 months to prepare for the MCAT and probably do well if you commit your time to studying.

I would say it depends on your current MCAT. Although you may get a guaranteed interview to the DO school, you have to still have a competitive application to get accepted to Touro after the MS program. It is possible that Dr Prancan was advising you to take it again so your application will be more competitive to Touro DO school after you complete the MS program... Just a thought. And you can take 2-3 months to prepare for the MCAT and probably do well if you commit your time to studying.

Hmm I thought it was just straight up if you got the 3.5 and passed the final you were in? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Hmm I thought it was just straight up if you got the 3.5 and passed the final you were in? Maybe I'm mistaken.
It is. 3.5 GPA and 70 or above on the comprehensive exam is required to matriculate to the DO program next year.

Forgive me, I was thinking of the PCOM-GA program. This is what the Touro program states:
Admission to the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine requires completion of the M.S. Program Curriculum with a minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0 and a grade of Pass on the Comprehensive Examination and completion of a background check and completion of all health inventory requirements which are included in the admissions process for the Medical College. Each student will be followed throughout the M.S. Program by an Academic Advisor who will assist the student in academic development and who will write the recommendation for admission to the D.O. Program. This review of all requirements and a review of suitability for a career in Osteopathic Medicine will be conducted in place of a formal interview.

So it seems you have to do well on a different comprehensive exam and have good reviews by your advisor. However it sounds like they may still take your whole application into consideration.

From what I have heard is that schools look at your MCAT to judge how you will do on boards, so if you think you can prepare and do well on boards in a short study period then go for it. Just make sure you do well in classes.

Has anyone received an actual application for Touro Middletown's MS program? I want to apply but I just realized there is a mistake on my original application to Harlem. I want to apply ASAP but I'm also afraid that an amendment to my application will be overlooked/lost in emails and I'll ruin my chances.

Also, those who interviewed by phone today - how were the interviews?

Has anyone received an actual application for Touro Middletown's MS program? I want to apply but I just realized there is a mistake on my original application to Harlem. I want to apply ASAP but I'm also afraid that an amendment to my application will be overlooked/lost in emails and I'll ruin my chances.

Also, those who interviewed by phone today - how were the interviews?

how did you think your interview went? I had one today too.

I think it went well. It was a lot longer than I anticipated. The questions were pretty typical...so for those waiting for a phone call for middletown know your application and why the program, etc. I just checked this forum to prepare :)

For the previous posts, during my interview I asked what class size they were thinking about for the MS and he said less than 30 at this point. I got the general idea that they are going to make it really small this year and generally smaller than Harlem campus. I asked a lot more questions about how the MS program was going to be the same or different to Harlem. If interested in that I can answer.. just PM or ask..

Good luck to anyone else interviewing or deciding between other places. I had a positive impression and felt good, but there is still a lot to think about. Good luck everyone! :)

My interview was really short too, but I guess it was because it later in the cycle than the previous posts. He asked me was I going to retake the MCAT also but if I do I'm waiting. I haven't been accepted yet. I interviewed 2 weeks ago, but I wish I knew something by now. I think my interview was the day the committee met so I have to wait till they meet again. Were you worried that your interview was so short because I was?

My interview was really short too, but I guess it was because it later in the cycle than the previous posts. He asked me was I going to retake the MCAT also but if I do I'm waiting. I haven't been accepted yet. I interviewed 2 weeks ago, but I wish I knew something by now. I think my interview was the day the committee met so I have to wait till they meet again. Were you worried that your interview was so short because I was?

Not necessarily worried but I was just fully anticipating them to go more in depth. Kinda like, wait, that's it!? I definitely overprepped but that's not bad of course. How do you have an idea of when the committee met? That might mean they'll probably be meeting again soon?

The same day I had my interview someone posted that they were told the committee was meeting that day or the day before. Then I noticed a few people post later that day they got their acceptance email. That was about 2 weeks ago so I'm thinking they should be meeting again soon.

Any news from anyone about the Harlem or Middletown MS?

I received an email from Beth that my application is being considered for the MS Programs at both Harlem and Middletown. They are still in the process of reviewing and interviewing so keep your spirits up.

Hey guys, does anybody know if actual rejection letters or emails are sent out if you don't qualify for the program? I submitted my application on April 10th and haven't heard anything yet. When I email Beth about it she just says I should be patient as they are reviewing all applications.

Hey guys, does anybody know if actual rejection letters or emails are sent out if you don't qualify for the program? I submitted my application on April 10th anI submitted my application February 20th and I'm still waiting. Hearing nothing is better than hearing that you got wait listed or a rejection letter. Btw I think they send out rejection emails. Being patient is rough but hang tight. d haven't heard anything yet. When I email Beth about it she just says I should be patient as they are reviewing all applications.

I submitted my application February 20th and I'm still waiting. Hearing nothing is better than hearing that you got wait listed or a rejection letter. Btw I think they send out rejection emails. Being patient is rough but hang tight.

Any word on the Middletown program status? And are acceptances initially sent out by phone, email or mail? I haven't been able to get in touch with the office.

Any word on the Middletown program status? And are acceptances initially sent out by phone, email or mail? I haven't been able to get in touch with the office.

Nothing yet for me either. Did you have an interview?

I haven't heard anything from them either. I'm hoping they email their admissions decisions. I have tried contacting them this week to see how they send out decisions, but I haven't reached anyone yet.

I haven't heard anything from them either. I'm hoping they email their admissions decisions. I have tried contacting them this week to see how they send out decisions, but I haven't reached anyone yet.

Did you get an interview as well?

Nothing yet for me either. Did you have an interview?
Ok good, I gurss they're busy or getting too many inquiries. I had an interview for the DO program, wasn't accepted and was recommended for the ms. We probably won't hear anything soon since the long weekend is coming up. I've become obsessed with checking my email and sdn lol

Has anyone gotten in to the MS program without an interview if they already interviewed for the DO?

Hey guys,

I just received a letter of acceptance to the Middletown MS program. Good luck to everyone! and enjoy the weekend!

Hey guys,

I just received a letter of acceptance to the Middletown MS program. Good luck to everyone! and enjoy the weekend!
Congratulations!! When was your application completed and when did you have your interview? And what were your stats if you don't mind sharing??

Hey guys,

Me too! Are you 100% going to attend? Who do we contact if we have more questions to ask? 3 weeks to decide

Congrats to those accepted!! If you can, post your interview date and stats for those of us still waiting :)

Hey guys,

So for those who are accepted around this time is there a certain amount of time they give us for a deposit? I couldn't find anything in the program catalogue. Just wanted to save up if needed incase I do get accepted. And congrats!!

Just got my acceptance email as well! I interviewed Friday 5/15 and got acceptance email today 5/22. Good luck to those still waiting to hear something!