TUCOM CA Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to need therapy after this. I swear the T in Touro stands for Torture.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that too. But I'm leaning toward wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, here is another thing I'm thinking, maybe to make myself feel better again. I am very happy for you, Born 2 Doctor, and am not trying to sound rude by any means, just speculating. I'm wondering if the alternates that were "pulled" today were towards to bottom of the high waitlist. The email didn't say they are unlikely to accept more people, but speaking on an individual level.

Again, Born 2 Doctor, I don't have anything from Touro and am not saying you are on the bottom of the list. I'm just thinking aloud. Also, thank you so much for posting this information. It's great to hear what is happening there since I'm not hearing anything!

Well the email said that I did not have to join the orientation stand-by list it said I could choose to remain on the regular waitlist and take my chances. The email stated most people left on the high-waitlist would probably be offered a seat for early acceptance if they stayed on it, but he could not guarantee that outcome. But he could guarantee if I am on the stand-by list I will be accpeted this year or next for sure. Its a no brainer I am going to get on the list that is guaranteeing me a spot! Thanks for the congrats! I am hoping they let more waitlisters in soon!

Well the email said that I did not have to join the orientation stand-by list it said I could choose to remain on the regular waitlist and take my chances. The email stated most people left on the high-waitlist would probably be offered a seat for early acceptance if they stayed on it, but he could not guarantee that outcome. But he could guarantee if I am on the stand-by list I will be accpeted this year or next for sure. Its a no brainer I am going to get on the list that is guaranteeing me a spot! Thanks for the congrats! I am hoping they let more waitlisters in soon!

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've checked this thread since I withdrew from the high-waitlist and decided to attend AZCOM. I was hoping to see that all of you had been offered seats by now and am sorry to see that the list is moving so slowly. I just read the recent posts regarding applicants being offered alternate slots already. I agree this seems odd. Also, I dont mean to be a wet blanket but the bolded section above is concerning. If that is correct, it sounds like they don't expect to pull many more from the waitlist this year. Let's hope that this is not the case.
I really do feel for all of you and wish you the best. Obviously I know what it's like being on that list and know how brutal it can be.

Also, I doubt Touro will pay much mind to this, but when I withdrew, I stated that one of the reasons I was withdrawing was my unhappiness with how they handled the waitlist situation. I felt (and still feel) that if they wanted to, they could be WAY more transparent and provide information that would be extremely helpful to those who are trying to plan their futures. Again, I doubt they will pay much attention to what I wrote, but I just feel it's a shame that such a great school does so little to make things easier for those on the waitlist.

Again, good luck to you all!!

I spoke to admissions yesterday to verify that there is still movement off the waitlist. Apparently, there is still movement '2-3 are pulled each week'. Now I'm just baffled. Why are they already reserving stand by spots if there's still movement?! I keep trying to put myself in the admissions position (b/c my own train of thought often skews information in a self-serving way), but I still cannot understand their rationale...and totes magotes on the T for 'Therapy'

I spoke to admissions yesterday to verify that there is still movement off the waitlist. Apparently, there is still movement '2-3 are pulled each week'. Now I'm just baffled. Why are they already reserving stand by spots if there's still movement?! I keep trying to put myself in the admissions position (b/c my own train of thought often skews information in a self-serving way), but I still cannot understand their rationale...and totes magotes on the T for 'Therapy'

2-3 each week really isn't very much... I mean, that puts us at 9 people before school starts. I have little doubt the HIGH list is longer then 9 people. Even by adding in the 3 alternates that puts us at 12. This is not looking very good at all. I agree with TheOne1979 this whole system really needs revision. Its not fair to people to be so secretive. I would rather them tell me where I am in on the list and gamble as I wish. Why NOT rank it? I mean, what could it really hurt to tell people where they are. Even if its top half of the high or bottom half of the high list.

Ugh. I feel like this phone call is about as likely as winning the lottery.... My fingers are still crossed but everything I am hearing is making me feel very doubtful. Plus I am just shocked that they are picking alternates from the high list as opposed to the medium list (which they supposedly get to in past years)

2-3 each week really isn't very much... I mean, that puts us at 9 people before school starts. I have little doubt the HIGH list is longer then 9 people. Even by adding in the 3 alternates that puts us at 12. This is not looking very good at all. I agree with TheOne1979 this whole system really needs revision. Its not fair to people to be so secretive. I would rather them tell me where I am in on the list and gamble as I wish. Why NOT rank it? I mean, what could it really hurt to tell people where they are. Even if its top half of the high or bottom half of the high list.

Ugh. I feel like this phone call is about as likely as winning the lottery.... My fingers are still crossed but everything I am hearing is making me feel very doubtful. Plus I am just shocked that they are picking alternates from the high list as opposed to the medium list (which they supposedly get to in past years)

I'm with you, I cannot see any reason why they don't rank the list. They would be doing everyone such a service to just give them a sense for where they stand. Especially in your case with having to move and what not.

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've checked this thread since I withdrew from the high-waitlist and decided to attend AZCOM. I was hoping to see that all of you had been offered seats by now and am sorry to see that the list is moving so slowly. I just read the recent posts regarding applicants being offered alternate slots already. I agree this seems odd. Also, I dont mean to be a wet blanket but the bolded section above is concerning. If that is correct, it sounds like they don't expect to pull many more from the waitlist this year. Let's hope that this is not the case.
I really do feel for all of you and wish you the best. Obviously I know what it's like being on that list and know how brutal it can be.

Also, I doubt Touro will pay much mind to this, but when I withdrew, I stated that one of the reasons I was withdrawing was my unhappiness with how they handled the waitlist situation. I felt (and still feel) that if they wanted to, they could be WAY more transparent and provide information that would be extremely helpful to those who are trying to plan their futures. Again, I doubt they will pay much attention to what I wrote, but I just feel it's a shame that such a great school does so little to make things easier for those on the waitlist.

Again, good luck to you all!!

It was good of you to say that to admissions regarding their waitlist. Thanks and good luck at AZCOM!

Thanks for the info microscopegal and Bilbojo...much appreciated!

Hey guys- So I've been following this thread for a while. I was placed on the high waitlist after my interview on Nov 29. I know Dr. Haight and I thought that he would at least be able to give me some guidance regarding this whole situation but that never happened. I just wanted to do a little break down on what happened after I was placed on the waitlist until now (July 12, 2011)

These are the update that I sent in...

1. Updated Transcripts from my University- finished my last semester in Dec 2010 with a 4.0

2. In March, I sent in a NEW letter of Recommendation from a free clinic I've been volunteering at for several years. The letter was written by the Clinical Director. One of the doc's from the clinic also wrote me a letter for aacomas...

3. In April, I sent in a Letter of Intent and it was about 1.25 pages long. It clearly stated why TUCOM is my top choice and I again re-iterated that I guarantee I would attend if offered a seat...I also sent a copy of the letter to the two professors who interviewed me.

4. In May, I called Lynn and told her that I had been offered an acceptance at another med school. I told her that I wanted to start planning to move out of state (ie finding a roommate and an apt) but I still had my heart set TUCOM. She recommended that I e mail Dr. Haight to let him know what situation I was in. I emailed him and he told he would start pulling off the waitlist in mid June and that I could expect to hear from them any time until the first day of classes...

Here's a part of the email...
"In short, it is a long process and I can’t know for sure that you will get an offer from us and if you were to get one, I don’t expect that you will get an offer anytime soon. Simply put, I would recommend that you plan (as you are) to attend TUN. Doing so will not impact you getting an offer from us and if you do get an offer from us, you can decide if you are too far along with your move to NV or you want to reverse course and attend TUC. You just need to make sure that no matter what happens on this end that you will be attending medical school in the Fall. Good luck. DH"

At that point, I was still hoping I would get offered a seat...

4. On June 13, I emailed Dr. Clearfield a notice of continued interest (cc to Lynn Huckle so she could add it to my file). I never heard from Dr. Clearfield.

5. On June 21, I wrote another Letter of Continued interest and went to the TUCOM admissions office on June 22 to personally hand the letter to Dr. Haight. He told me that he would not be able to really answer any of the questions I had but I told him that I just wanted to show him that I'm still eagerly waiting to hear from them...

I decided to just get an apt on Henderson because I had nothing to loose but the money for the rental application. I got my apt but I was still waiting to hear from TUCOM like everyone else...I was getting a little restless after hearing students who had been on the waitlist for a shorter amount of time than myself were getting offered a seat...I told myself that I would give TUCOM until July 1 otherwise I would be going to TUNCOM.

So after much much thinking, I decided to go ahead go full force with TUNCOM. I absolutely loved the school and the people. They have a great medical program and I felt like I needed a change after living in the Bay Area (CA) my whole life...One of main reasons I wanted to go to TUCOM was location (like may others)but in the end everything worked out…

I am still alittle annoyed that I still haven't heard from TUCOM. Seriously you guys, we have all worked our butts to get here and I feel like we deserve to know if we're going to be offered a seat. I felt like I honestly did everything I could have, what more do they want from me...???????????

Anyways, I am SO OVER TUCOM. I withdrew my application today and I am moving on :):D:love:

The only reason I decided to post this is just to give a little insight to current/potential waitlisters about the REALITY of being on the HIGH WAITLIST at TUCOM.

Good luck to everyone else and wish you all the best!!:thumbup::luck:

Thanks for the info microscopegal and Bilbojo...much appreciated!

I haven't posted here, but have been checking this thread every few weeks for news, so I thought I owed it to you guys to give an update. I also got the standby email today. Not sure if I'm going to take it since I'm already in elsewhere, but I live superclose to vallejo and my wife works in Sacramento, so it'd be perfect. We have a couple days to respond, so I'll see when I get some answers from TU, but it's not really worth the risk since I don't want to wait another year...

Last edited:
Hey guys- So I've been following this thread for a while. I was placed on the high waitlist after my interview on Nov 29. I know Dr. Haight and I thought that he would at least be able to give me some guidance regarding this whole situation but that never happened. I just wanted to do a little break down on what happened after I was placed on the waitlist until now (July 12, 2011)

These are the update that I sent in...

1. Updated Transcripts from my University- finished my last semester in Dec 2010 with a 4.0

2. In March, I sent in a NEW letter of Recommendation from a free clinic I've been volunteering at for several years. The letter was written by the Clinical Director. One of the doc's from the clinic also wrote me a letter for aacomas...

3. In April, I sent in a Letter of Intent and it was about 1.25 pages long. It clearly stated why TUCOM is my top choice and I again re-iterated that I guarantee I would attend if offered a seat...I also sent a copy of the letter to the two professors who interviewed me.

4. In May, I called Lynn and told her that I had been offered an acceptance at another med school. I told her that I wanted to start planning to move out of state (ie finding a roommate and an apt) but I still had my heart set TUCOM. She recommended that I e mail Dr. Haight to let him know what situation I was in. I emailed him and he told he would start pulling off the waitlist in mid June and that I could expect to hear from them any time until the first day of classes...

Here's a part of the email...
"In short, it is a long process and I can’t know for sure that you will get an offer from us and if you were to get one, I don’t expect that you will get an offer anytime soon. Simply put, I would recommend that you plan (as you are) to attend TUN. Doing so will not impact you getting an offer from us and if you do get an offer from us, you can decide if you are too far along with your move to NV or you want to reverse course and attend TUC. You just need to make sure that no matter what happens on this end that you will be attending medical school in the Fall. Good luck. DH"

At that point, I was still hoping I would get offered a seat...

4. On June 13, I emailed Dr. Clearfield a notice of continued interest (cc to Lynn Huckle so she could add it to my file). I never heard from Dr. Clearfield.

5. On June 21, I wrote another Letter of Continued interest and went to the TUCOM admissions office on June 22 to personally hand the letter to Dr. Haight. He told me that he would not be able to really answer any of the questions I had but I told him that I just wanted to show him that I'm still eagerly waiting to hear from them...

I decided to just get an apt on Henderson because I had nothing to loose but the money for the rental application. I got my apt but I was still waiting to hear from TUCOM like everyone else...I was getting a little restless after hearing students who had been on the waitlist for a shorter amount of time than myself were getting offered a seat...I told myself that I would give TUCOM until July 1 otherwise I would be going to TUNCOM.

So after much much thinking, I decided to go ahead go full force with TUNCOM. I absolutely loved the school and the people. They have a great medical program and I felt like I needed a change after living in the Bay Area (CA) my whole life...One of main reasons I wanted to go to TUCOM was location (like may others)but in the end everything worked out…

I am still alittle annoyed that I still haven't heard from TUCOM. Seriously you guys, we have all worked our butts to get here and I feel like we deserve to know if we're going to be offered a seat. I felt like I honestly did everything I could have, what more do they want from me...???????????

Anyways, I am SO OVER TUCOM. I withdrew my application today and I am moving on :):D:love:

The only reason I decided to post this is just to give a little insight to current/potential waitlisters about the REALITY of being on the HIGH WAITLIST at TUCOM.

Good luck to everyone else and wish you all the best!!:thumbup::luck:

Jasmine, thanks for sharing your process. Equally frustrating, I'm sure. Good luck in Nevada! At least you don't have to sit around worrying about your waitlist position anymore!

Members don't see this ad :)
So does anyone want to take a stab at explaining why a medium wait lister was offered an orientation spot, but there are still high wait listers who haven't heard anything? Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for sharing left pinky.

So does anyone want to take a stab at explaining why a medium wait lister was offered an orientation spot, but there are still high wait listers who haven't heard anything? Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for sharing left pinky.

I think I was right with my earlier thinking! Thank you so much left pinky for posting! I'm now pretty sure that they are asking people at the bottom of the high wait list and top of the middle wait list to be alternates. Again, I mean no offense to whomever has been offered this because at this point I would take being an alternate alternate!

I am now thinking that us other high wait listers just have to be patient and we will get a call. What do others think about my thoughts?

I think I was right with my earlier thinking! Thank you so much left pinky for posting! I'm now pretty sure that they are asking people at the bottom of the high wait list and top of the middle wait list to be alternates. Again, I mean no offense to whomever has been offered this because at this point I would take being an alternate alternate!

I am now thinking that us other high wait listers just have to be patient and we will get a call. What do others think about my thoughts?

I'm sorry to say that this line of thinking doesn't make sense to me, and if you are correct in your theory, it certainly is not fair.

Think about it. Lets say there are 20 people on the high-waitlist. Now according to your theory, they offer alternate spots to #19 and 20 on the high-waitlist and #1 on the medium waitlist. Now let's assume that they offer seats to 15 people from the high-waitlist by the first day of class. So now #16,17, and 18 have neither been offered a seat nor have they been put on the alternate list....which would mean that people LOWER on the waitlist actually got a better outcome than those higher on the waitlist.

I just can't figure out what Touro is doing.

I am also local, so I think that is a major factor in it since if it does not work out, I wouldn't have uprooted my life for a year. I'm not likely to accept it because it is too much of a risk since I have a TUN acceptance, but will sleep on it.

I also wrote them letters and followed up mentioning I was local, etc.., so that probably helps. Also, at this point, it might not matter much which waitlist you're on, they just want people who fit.

I'm sorry to say that this line of thinking doesn't make sense to me, and if you are correct in your theory, it certainly is not fair.

Think about it. Lets say there are 20 people on the high-waitlist. Now according to your theory, they offer alternate spots to #19 and 20 on the high-waitlist and #1 on the medium waitlist. Now let's assume that they offer seats to 15 people from the high-waitlist by the first day of class. So now #16,17, and 18 have neither been offered a seat nor have they been put on the alternate list....which would mean that people LOWER on the waitlist actually got a better outcome than those higher on the waitlist.

I just can't figure out what Touro is doing.

What you are saying is exactly why I am feeling ok about things. Unless Touro is being unfair and taking medium wait listers before high ones, I think everyone on the high wait list will either get accepted this year or get an early accept invitation.

Again, just a hypothesis, but I'm thinking they accepted people as alternates farther down the list because they think they will get to others higher on the high wait list.

I don't think location is playing a part at this point because there are 3 people posting on here who are on the high wait list (myself included) that live in CA within close proximity to Touro.

All speculations though...who really knows...

There are other reasons they accept people too, maybe not me or the person above, but who knows. Maybe a white kid dropped out or someone with a particular background and they wanted a more well rounded class. Maybe they wanted someone to balance MCATS or GPA out, could be a million reasons, so just hope for the best and good luck to you all.

I think LabLuvr is correct on both things. Being local can't have much to do with it. I know two people (including me) who live within 5 minutes and haven't gotten pulled. Second, for them to pull lower people first, they must be confident everyone above them will get an acceptance, right? That is pretty risky though. Also, Left pinky makes a good point about diversity. Who knows.

Well, they also said in the letter that I probably wouldn't get pulled off the WL, so I'm assuming not everyone above me will either.

I agree with you on that one for sure. Does anyone even remember them saying they would pull from the high list first? I assumed they would but maybe not. Maybe left pinky is right and they just pull who they need? Maybe that's why they don't tell us our ranking, because then that implies they'll pull us in order.

Last edited:
I agree with you on that one for sure. Does anyone even remember them saying they would pull from the high list first? I assumed they would but maybe not. Maybe left pinky is right and they just pull who they need? Maybe that's why they don't tell us our ranking, because then that implies they'll pull us in order. T stands for Torture!!

I would think high wait listers would be pulled before medium or low. In the last update they said they wouldn't rank the medium before they have exhausted the high list. This is why I am thinking that all high listers will either get accepted or early accept. If we find out that a medium lister gets pulled directly into the class then I will start thinking differently about things.

Now, since they said they won't rank the medium list yet, I couldn't guess how they decided to choose medium list alternates. I just can't imagine them now being fair about things, but again I'm just passing the time with speculations.

Well, is someone going to volunteer to call Steve Davis tomorrow?

Well, is someone going to volunteer to call Steve Davis tomorrow?

You said you live 5 minutes from there...you should just stop by his office and talk with him. J/K

I was thinking the same thing (about calling them), but I sort of feel that it's pointless because they never tell us anything useful.

WOW! I leave this thread for like 6 hours and it blows up! Holy Rusted Metal Batman! Ok...so I am kind of in line with LabLuvr, but it might bewishful thinking.

Pinky and I are in very similar situations however...both have an acceptance and both have spouses with careers in the very near vicinity. Its possible that with updates to your file you could be re-evaluated and replaced on a different list. Otherwise why encourage updates, right?

As far as the list goes, we have lost Jasmine and we have lost Theone1979....there are more people that are not on SDN that are dropping their names off the list. For theories sake we could double or triple it and that would be 6 people. I would imagine that as we get closer to school, more people will resign their spot on the list and the list will get shorter. Only a crazy person (like me) would plan on arriving the day before school starts (I'm still unsure if this is the most sane decision). ALSO, more people with TUCOM acceptances are being offered positions elsewhere so I would also assume the 2-3 ppl per week number will be increasing over the next 2 or 3 weeks. I really think this might just be a wait and see operation.

I have to call tomorrow to let them know about my little cross country trip and give them some additional phone numbers so that I can turn my butt around if I get that phone call....I will see if they have anything to say, but I highly doubt they will. If you want some persistant questions asked I am probably not the most ideal candidate, but I will do my best and relay what I hear.

Also, who is Steve Davis? Who is the main person to talk to? I thought it was the Dean and Lynn Huckle. Am I out of the loop?

Last edited:
Off topic, I wonder if the Adcom/dean/ or any other touro staff member has seen this post...? I mean, its not really anything like the posts from the previous years... and it does kinda make them look bad...

Who here is not from NorCal?

Last edited:
It's a fluid process, so I'm sure they rerank people on the waitlist all the time. They could just look at files again and like someone. I would think they generally accept people in order, but there could be exceptions. I'm probably going to decline the standby and hope for an admit, but we'll see.

Agreed. They are likely just making the best situation out of what they have. It's pretty tough to sit and wait though. The guessing game is strenuous.

It also makes me wonder, why were people from last year's high waitlist not offered Early Acceptance? As I understood it, if you were placed on the high WL, you are completely qualified to attend Touro, but there just aren't enough spots to offer. So then why wouldn't everyone on the high WL be offered Early Acceptance (if not a spot in the upcoming class)? They start with 135 wide open spots, so it can't be due to a lack of space. So why would we be placed on a high WL and not offered a spot in next year's class?! Very flustered :confused:

Hi Eweezy -- I know you're flustered and frustrated with the process, and have every right to be so. Just wanted to say try to keep a positive outlook through the entire process, and keep your head up (dorky, but true). While I've never met you, you sound like you're incredibly intelligent, talented and well-qualified, and you'll end up in the program you're meant to be in. Smile! And as the great Eddie Vedder once crooned, "There's a biiiggg... A big hard sun. Beating on the big people... In the big hard world." (Okay, not really sure how this relates, but I think you'd dig the song.) :)

Hi everyone. I was on the medium list last year but never got pulled, so I know the pain you are all going through! However, I was offered early acceptance for this year's class (i know of at least 6 others that accepted) so there is hope! The early acceptance note came VERY quickly after orientation and I didn't need to do anything other than place a deposit. I know it's not the same as an outright "you're in!" but hopefully it calms your nerves somewhat...

I sincerely hope you all get a call soon!

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the updates and keeping this thread going. I am also on the high waitlist and I check this site every few days for updates and this time I think I have one that might help. I heard that a medium waitlisted student was pulled off the waitlist this week. I am not sure why they would rank high, medium, and low but then pull from the medium and offer medium waitlisted students the invite for the orientation alternates when it is apparent that the high waitlist has not been "exhausted" as they had mentioned in the email update sent by Steven Davis. I am baffled by this new information.
Anyway, thank you for all the thread contributors, I hope we can meet at orientation.

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the updates and keeping this thread going. I am also on the high waitlist and I check this site every few days for updates and this time I think I have one that might help. I heard that a medium waitlisted student was pulled off the waitlist this week. I am not sure why they would rank high, medium, and low but then pull from the medium and offer medium waitlisted students the invite for the orientation alternates when it is apparent that the high waitlist has not been "exhausted" as they had mentioned in the email update sent by Steven Davis. I am baffled by this new information.
Anyway, thank you for all the thread contributors, I hope we can meet at orientation.

Hello Oknowgo, welcome! Where did you hear this from? Could this med lister be the alternate? Or do you think its an addition? Either way, I am convinced that the reason they don't rank the list is so they pull whomever they choose. And I believe that file updates are the reason for certain people being pulled out of order.

Thanks for the welcome. The medium waitlister was not an alternate but pulled directly into the incoming class.

Thanks for the welcome. The medium waitlister was not an alternate but pulled directly into the incoming class.

It seems we have all called admissions and asked "is there movement on the high waitlist?" but has anyone asked if there is movement on any other list? It seems the only answer they have been willing to give is whether there is movement on a list. But I've never asked about any other list than the high. How could a medium lister possibly be pulled unless he/she was re-ranked to the high list? But then wouldn't they tell you that? Confusion...:confused:

It seems we have all called admissions and asked "is there movement on the high waitlist?" but has anyone asked if there is movement on any other list? It seems the only answer they have been willing to give is whether there is movement on a list. But I've never asked about any other list than the high. How could a medium lister possibly be pulled unless he/she was re-ranked to the high list? But then wouldn't they tell you that? Confusion...:confused:

Call them and ask!

Hey guys, I turned down the alternate spot, so hopefully someone who doesn't have an acceptance elsewhere gets it. I put myself back on the waitlist and still hoping to get in.

There is major confusion now. They only way I can make sense of this if this person was re-ranked which I didn't know was possible. I asked Lynn if addional letters would help me at this point and she said that they would probably not make a difference at this point. I don't know what gives.

So I was officially congratulated from Admissions on being accepted into either this year class or that of 2016, either way I am in the door! So happy it is all over. Now I just have to attend orientation for 3 days and see if I get a spot for this class.

It will be a great chance to be prepared for next year if no one drops this year. I know what books to order, laptop requirements..etc...

I know my spot on the stand by list, which is a more predictable outcome, than when I was on that high waitlist. I am local as well, so locality does play a role in stand-by spots. I would take an alternate spot anyday over hoping to be let in on that high waitlist from hell.

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the update. Was the medium wait list person that got pulled into the class also local or were they from out of state? I'm just trying my hardest to piece this together because I cannot imagine that Touro admissions is being unfair...but then again, who ever said life was fair!

Congrats Born 2 Doctor...you will have to keep us posted about orientation. I hope you get in, but at least you have an acceptance for next year if not. Way to go!

What is the difference between an "alternate" list and someone on a "wait-list"?

:confused:

Hey guys, I turned down the alternate spot, so hopefully someone who doesn't have an acceptance elsewhere gets it. I put myself back on the waitlist and still hoping to get in.

What is the difference between an "alternate" list and someone on a "wait-list"?

The Alternate or "Orientation Stand-by list" is one that you are asked to join by choice if you are usually on the High-Waitlist and local to the area. What it means is that you will replace a student who no shows or drops during the orientation period Aug 1-Aug 3rd. For example, if you are ranked #3 on the stand-by list you need three people to drop before you are admitted into the class during the orientation period.

If you stay on the high waitlist then you have to wait to receive a phone call to say you have been outright admitted into this year's class.

Thanks LabLuvr! I will keep you posted on Orientation.

Supposedly some people on the medium or high waitlist are offered the opportunity to be stand by alternates during orientation. Let's call it further level of limbo in the grand scheme of Touro's waitlist.

Ok. So now that I know that, I can start planning a trip to Vallejo to "crash" the orientation.

Thanks for answering my question. I have literally been pulling out my hair over this whole process.

:)

Ok. So now that I know that, I can start planning a trip to Vallejo to "crash" the orientation.

Thanks for answering my question. I have literally been pulling out my hair over this whole process.

My understanding is that you have to be invited as an alternate to orientation, you can just crash. Otherwise, orientation would be complete mayhem. Remember the first day of classes when everyone is trying to add a popular course?? I would imagine it would be about 10 times that busy.

Sorry, I meant to say you can't just crash.

Anyone else feeling like this is a lucky Thursday afternoon?? :xf: :luck:

SO, just looking back on the past few pages it looks like there is 8-12 of us that are waiting to hear on this thread. That is a LOT of people considering we are almost 2 weeks to lift off. Especially considering there are more that don't post. :bang: I am not so sure about this waitlist panning out.... ugh

SO, just looking back on the past few pages it looks like there is 8-12 of us that are waiting to hear on this thread. That is a LOT of people considering we are almost 2 weeks to lift off. Especially considering there are more that don't post. :bang: I am not so sure about this waitlist panning out.... ugh

I've been battling with that dire feeling too, microscopegirl... I've decided it's not productive because SO many variables are out of our control. I think at this point there is little we can do with regard to contacting admissions that will make much difference. So, try to keep a positive outlook. Focus on the up sides of LECOM and what you are excited about out there. That way things are always looking up and if TUCOM comes through then it is just icing on the cake! I'm pulling for you as much as for myself!