2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, just to confirm. Since the TUCOM-CA office is closed today (9/22) and next Wednesday (9/29) for Sukkot, the Wednesday Touro Talks won't be happening these days right?

I was complete 8/4. Still no II. Is it because they hate me?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
N

No
They just started sending interviews
Thank goodness there is hope. I just got rejected from chsu. It was the only school that offered me an interview, and they offered it right away.

Still have not received a secondary despite being in state. Thought I would get some love from an IS school :(

Hey guys, just to confirm. Since the TUCOM-CA office is closed today (9/22) and next Wednesday (9/29) for Sukkot, the Wednesday Touro Talks won't be happening these days right?
Yes unfortunately we can't host Touro Talks due to the Jewish holiday. We will start to host them again the first week of October.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Due to a variety of factors, we have been delayed in sending out secondaries. Please be patient - if you have the minimum, rest assured you will get your secondary soon. If you have questions about your application, you can email our admission counselors, however they are extremely busy trying to catch up and may not respond immediately. Also, keep in mind that our admissions counselors do not work during the Jewish holidays, which there are quite a lot of in September. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

We will be conducting interviews every Monday and Tuesday starting the first week of October. Can confirm that the first II have been sent out.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes unfortunately we can't host Touro Talks due to the Jewish holiday. We will start to host them again the first week of October.
Happy Sukkot to the adcom and admin! Take care and enjoy. :)

bestie, I wouldn't stress (sorry if this sounds invalidating). These IIs just recently rolled out.
Thanks. Been getting concerned because I got canned from CHSU of all places (i am their perfect fit). So I'm not feeling good about anywhere else accepting me. 3.2 514

• Care
I got a pre-II R from PNWU and am a WA resident with stats at their average so I feel the pain of getting rejected from a school you thought you were a perfect fit for.
I'm not sure if it makes you feel better but there was a school i feel i'm the perfect fit for and made a mistake in my secondary that greatly impairs comprehension. spent 8+ hours and really thought i put my best foot forward. so unless a miracle happens, the R will most certainly come (hopefully soon).

Members don't see this ad :)
If applicants don't support one another, who's gonna support us?

EDIT: Yes, others will, but y'all get my point :)
i am excited to get my R and share the exciting news with all of my internet friends on sdn.

• Sad
i am excited to get my R and share the exciting news with all of my internet friends on sdn.
This is the toxicity that we don't want.... If you already think you'll be rejected, why apply at all?

We understand that the application process is stressful. That is why I try to answer your questions and be as open as possible.

As mentioned before, we were slow to send out secondaries this cycle. Moreover, all the Jewish holidays fell on days during the work week this month, further delaying our processing of applications. You will receive a secondary, hopefully soon. Please be patient. If you are concerned about timing, I would recommend you pre-write your response to the secondary questions so the day you receive it from us is the day you submit and complete your application.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a joke. I don't actually believe my road to medicine is futile. I say these things to make people laugh.

I did submit a secondary, by the way. And I wrote amazing responses that I believe in.
No offense intended, but the jokes aren't very funny... Just kind of depressing. I used to make a lot of self-deprecating jokes, but then I realized it made me feel bad about myself. So now I say over-the-top confident things instead like "I am the epitome of grace," when I drop something. Even though I obviously don't believe the things I'm saying, they still have an effect on me. Saying nice things about myself is a lot better.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are concerned about timing, I would recommend you pre-write your response to the secondary questions so the day you receive it from us is the day you submit and complete your application.
Are your secondary prompts available somewhere? I'd love to get a jump start on them so I have a quick submission for you all!

Are your secondary prompts available somewhere? I'd love to get a jump start on them so I have a quick submission for you all!
Please describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine including osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). Please include your personal exposure to osteopathic medicine (if any) and demonstrate your understanding of the osteopathic principles and history of the profession.

Please discuss how your life experiences and personal characteristics will contribute to your future success as an outstanding osteopathic physician. This is your opportunity to include information you may not have included within your primary application.

When considering medical schools, what criteria are important to you and how does TUCOM align with those criteria?

500w

Anyone know what/where the clinical sites are for TUCOM? I read that it is a lottery system and just wondering if you could opt out of the lottery if you owned a home in the area, had a spouse, etc?

Congrats!
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary? I just submitted mine on Tuesday and am in love with the school.
I submitted 8/4. I remember when filling out my secondary that I was really hoping to get selected here. Seems like a great school.

Anyone still waiting on a secondary 🙃 I was verified on on 7/22.

Anyone know what/where the clinical sites are for TUCOM? I read that it is a lottery system and just wondering if you could opt out of the lottery if you owned a home in the area, had a spouse, etc?
Clinical sites are located throughout CA. The majority are in NorCal. And there is another one in NY.
It is based on lottery and typically students get their first or second choice.
If you have extenuating circumstances, the administration will take that into consideration and help figure out a situation that works best for you.

Clinical sites are located throughout CA. The majority are in NorCal. And there is another one in NY.
It is based on lottery and typically students get their first or second choice.
If you have extenuating circumstances, the administration will take that into consideration and help figure out a situation that works best for you.

I just want to say thank you for answering our questions, I can't imagine how busy you must be and I appreciate you taking the time and support us here.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still waiting on a secondary 🙃 I was verified on on 7/22.
I was verified late (9/3), but am still waiting! Glad you got yours finally!!

Edit: I see they're a bit behind. Looking forward :)

Last edited:
I had my interview yesterday and I feel it went well. The interview was professional, I felt comfortable the whole time. Best of luck to you all.

Hi everyone! Quick update. If you submitted your primary in August, we are starting to process them now. If you meet the minimum requirements for a secondary, you should be receiving that soon. You can pre-write your secondary essays and submit to complete your application on the day you receive your secondary if you are worried about timing.
Our first interviews were this week. Those who interview should receive their results within 2 weeks. And accepted students will receive a phone call (new this cycle).

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone! Quick update. If you submitted your primary in August, we are starting to process them now. If you meet the minimum requirements for a secondary, you should be receiving that soon. You can pre-write your secondary essays and submit to complete your application on the day you receive your secondary if you are worried about timing.
Our first interviews were this week. Those who interview should receive their results within 2 weeks. And accepted students will receive a phone call (new this cycle).
Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated on the forums! I'm sure you've seen how neurotic we can get about stuff like this... 😅

Secondary Received!

Primary Submitted 07/31.

Just submitted my secondary. Hope to hear some good news soon. This is my #1 dream DO school. :)

Lawl i got the acknowledgment today

MHMMMM good news incoming your way soon! <3

My advice: prerewrite it if you can!! It took me 4 days to do it because I was busy with work and stuff.

hi! I am interviewing soon! any tips on how to prepare?

hi! I am interviewing soon! any tips on how to prepare?
Congrats on earning an interview!
Keep in mind we have group interviews. You will be with 3 interviewers and 5 candidates. The 3 interviewers will be comprised of 2 faculty and 1 current student. It is open file and you can get a question from any part of your application, so I would recommend knowing your application like the back of your hand.
Just be yourself and before you go in for the interview, take a deep breath and try to relax as much as possible. The questions we ask aren't meant to trick you.
You got this! Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
No, not yet

Interview was rough. I definitely wasn't at my best for whatever reason. I knowni can get in, but I didn't deliver my answers the way I wish I would have.
Sorry to hear that. You never know though it might not have been perceived as bad as you think. Hope you get good news!

Interview was rough. I definitely wasn't at my best for whatever reason. I knowni can get in, but I didn't deliver my answers the way I wish I would have.
I felt this way too. I cried 2 hours the night before after a screaming argument with both my parents, was a total mess, woke up and was afraid to eat during lunch because I was worried my dad would be passive aggressive to me. I was hungry during my interview but alternatives scared me. I can't believe I even showed up to my interview period.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users