2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted here recently! šŸ˜„ are there any current students on this thread that I can ask a few questions to? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
After scheduling my interview around a week ago, I got an email today saying that I was withdrawn according to my request, when I did not make any withdraw request. I am not sure if this is a phishing email or if my email account was hacked?

After scheduling my interview around a week ago, I got an email today saying that I was withdrawn according to my request, when I did not make any withdraw request. I am not sure if this is a phishing email or if my email account was hacked?
Please email us to rectify this issue.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited to the ā€œDiversity Open Houseā€. Is it required to attend? Will this play any part in admissions?

I got the verified email today. It has been a month I think for me since I last submitted it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!
Has anyone received interview invites?
Iā€™m super exited and anxious.

• Care
Has Tucom filled most of their class already? I'm really hoping for an II here but I hit complete earlier this month mainly cuz I received the secondary so late :/. Also, any idea when the next wave of II might be send out?

• Care
Has Tucom filled most of their class already? I'm really hoping for an II here but I hit complete earlier this month mainly cuz I received the secondary so late :/. Also, any idea when the next wave of II might be send out?
Same...

Will my portal change in any way after receiving the complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview about two weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. They did a great job showing the essence of the school. I really felt the passion for the campus from every member. I hope I get accepted! I would love to attend.

• Love
The class is not full yet, I was accepted 2 weeks ago, but declined the offer this week. So there's at least my spot :)

Maybe for this round of interviews? they said expect to get a response by 3pm today
Oh, I see! Alright, I have my interview this coming Tuesday (12/7), and a quick response from then would be ideal

Oh, I see! Alright, I have my interview this coming Tuesday (12/7), and a quick response from then would be ideal
Usually we release acceptances every other week, except if there is a holiday (like last week - Thanksgiving).

Hello Fellow Applicants! I'm wishing you all the best in your application cycle!

I'm worried that I just returned my supplemental application (took two weeks to write due to work commitments and an accelerated class I'm taking) and that it is already too late in the cycle. I'm really hoping I have a shot at this school since it's close to my family and I have ties to the region. 515 MCAT, 3.98 Graduate, 3.14 Ugraduate

Can anyone provide some insight?

Last edited:
Usually we release acceptances every other week, except if there is a holiday (like last week - Thanksgiving).
Oh okay, good to know! Would that mean that those interviewing on 12/6 or 12/7 would expect to hear back on 12/17 ?

Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist/how much movement there was from last years list?

Anyone else have advice on TUCOM's group interview? This is my first one in this format and I'm a bit nervous :/ Reviewing my app but curious as to whether the questions are a bit more general or are truly specific to everyone in the group? TIA!

Anyone else have advice on TUCOM's group interview? This is my first one in this format and I'm a bit nervous :/ Reviewing my app but curious as to whether the questions are a bit more general or are truly specific to everyone in the group? TIA!
you get questions specific to your app, a good way to prepare is to use the SDN interview feedback. That's what I used and it was more than enough for the interview. Goodluck!

My questions were super specific! ie like lessons learned from one experience and how it translate to being a doctor. i think it depends on you application and if there is something unique or they need clarification on.
Biggest tip was it is your interview do not let what the other students say affect you. you do not need to one up them.

Thanks for the interview tips everyone! Had mine today and I think practicing those questions from SDN + knowing my app helped.
i think it depends on you application and if there is something unique or they need clarification on
^ +1 to this! The questions were not too bad for me and we ended up having good discussion with a few!

what time do acceptances usually come out? and is it a phone call or email?

Was placed on the WL, congratz to those with the Aā€™s and good luck to everyone else! :)

Best way to stay sane into the holidays with no II? lol

Do anyone/current students know if Touro offers financial aid and scholarships?

hi! just wondering if anyone knows when accepted student groupchat or facebook start going out? I heard late spring

hi! just wondering if anyone knows when accepted student groupchat or facebook start going out? I heard late spring
An official Facebook group will be made in the spring for accepted students who have paid a deposit. It will be posted here when it's ready.

• Love
Is it considered too late to apply for the DO program even though the deadline is March 15?

Can we assume our prereqs are fulfilled given the first email that gave us a secondary? All the boxes are checked yes, but I had a weird case for my physics classes so I just wanted to make sure before emailing.

Can we assume our prereqs are fulfilled given the first email that gave us a secondary? All the boxes are checked yes, but I had a weird case for my physics classes so I just wanted to make sure before emailing.
You should be good. However, if your application is still not complete after submitting your secondary, you can reach out to us to check on the status of your application.

You should be good. However, if your application is still not complete after submitting your secondary, you can reach out to us to check on the status of your application.
thank you for the reply! I was accepted last month, and I was just a bit paranoid about my prereqs. All the boxes are checked so I think I'm fine, but just wanted to confirm just in case since I really want to go here.

do we receive any sort of confirmation after taking the steps to reserve our seat for the class of 2026? @tucomadcom