2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from late August still not get a secondary? I know they had some delays but it’s been a minute haha

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from late August still not get a secondary? I know they had some delays but it’s been a minute haha
I submitted 8/15 and got the secondary today, so they're still going out!

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite today, IS, complete 8/18

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
How long does it take to get a secondary? It's been more than a couple weeks and nothing yet,

How long does it take to get a secondary? It's been more than a couple weeks and nothing yet,
If you submitted your primary in August, they are still processing Aug apps right now. You should get it soon!

Reactions: 1 user
If you submitted your primary in August, they are still processing Aug apps right now. You should get it soon!
Thank god, I was just thinking "Oh god have I been screened out by Touro, please no, I really like them, I prewrote the secondary and everything...."

• Haha
Thank god, I was just thinking "Oh god have I been screened out by Touro, please no, I really like them, I prewrote the secondary and everything...."
same. It was one of the first schools I pre wrote.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got mine this morning, I was submitted 8/17

Reactions: 1 users
does this mean there are way more applicants this year?
I think the main reason things have been going slowly is because September had several major Jewish holidays and the admissions office was closed for them. They've been sending secondaries and interview invites slowly throughout October. I don't know if there's way more applicants this year. To my knowledge, the applicant pool is pretty average in size this year. Last cycle had more than usual and many schools were done before December, but this year it seems to be progressing at a more normal pace.

Just got the secondary invite, submitted primary end of August! I'm excited to send it right back to them :p

Just got the secondary invite, submitted primary end of August! I'm excited to send it right back to them :p
LET'S GOOOOOO! You got this!!!

Wishing we receive good news soon. :)

Thought I got ghosted since I'm OOS. But sent primary in Sept and just received secondary today.

Does anyone know if this school has heavy in-state bias?

For those that interviewed how do you think it felt when interviewing in a group setting? was it hard to have unique answers or was everyone talking over each other?

Thought I got ghosted since I'm OOS. But sent primary in Sept and just received secondary today.

Does anyone know if this school has heavy in-state bias?
Your state residency is not a factor when we evaluate your application. Though the majority of our enrolled students have CA residency, that is a function of our applicant pool, who are mostly from CA.

Anyone currently attending willing to speak on the location of the school? Does the location hinder your experience at all? Not being in SF or cali but moreso the physical school needing bridge access not much near it etc. Thanks!

I completed all my pre-reqs, yet in the email they said all my subjects do not meet the pre-reqs. Did this happen to anyone?
This happened to me, I simply sent an email listing out each course that met the pre-reqs and they corrected it.

Just received an II today! IS, ORM Complete 9/23 :)

Anyone currently attending willing to speak on the location of the school? Does the location hinder your experience at all? Not being in SF or cali but moreso the physical school needing bridge access not much near it etc. Thanks!
It's not a hinderance at all. The bridge is over the Napa river, which flows into the bay. It's really small and occasionally stops traffic when large boats/ships need to go through.

hey guys current 1st year here, just want to try and give you guys my opinion on Tucom so far, as unbiased as I can so you can see if it’s the right school for you

Cons:
-small school, run down buildings. Won’t be some amazing campus that you’ll love.
-top admin regularly shaft us with poor schedule making. We had 4 back to back tests the first week of october. Also admin will spontaneously change schedule at their convenience rather than at students’.
-seems a bit unorganized at times.
-course content is harder than at other DO schools (anecdotally from friends at other schools). We also have a test like every week. I remember taking 5 or 6 in the first month of school.

Pros:
-hybrid curriculum is really nice. I’m at home with family and friends 4 days of the week.
-cheap living costs compared to the rest of california
-great classmates. People here are really smart and chill, no excessive neuroticism. Quite a few people I met chose tucom over OOS MD schools
-true pass/fail and group exams for every major test.
-Qualified faculty. Anatomy professors taught at Hopkins before moving here, previous ucsf professors, etc.
-Bay area

Hope this helps some of you make your decision one way or another. I’m definitely not in love with everything about the school, but overall I’m still happy with my choice. Sent from my phone so apologies for grammar and formatting errors. Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how caught up they are with sending out secondaries? No rush just curious as to when I should expect it!

For those that interviewed how do you think it felt when interviewing in a group setting? was it hard to have unique answers or was everyone talking over each other?
Half of the questions were specific to our applications, so the answers varied greatly across candidates. For the more general questions, no one seemed to copy responses from others. The panel really made it simple, comfortable, and even enjoyable to have the group interview.... which was surprising to me, as I was nervous about the format myself. Each person spoke about 3-4 times answering questions.

Does the school take into account the turn around time on the secondary. Turns out I had to do some editing when I thought I was done so I’ll be submitting it after a week.
I think that should be fine, I submitted like 4-5 days after getting my secondary because I was busy with work.

The rule of thumb has been 2 weeks.

-course content is harder than at other DO schools (anecdotally from friends at other schools). We also have a test like every week. I remember taking 5 or 6 in the first month of school.
The reason why first years in the fall semester have so many exams is due to anatomy being condensed into 1 semester. Other medical schools have anatomy spread out over an entire year or 2. The administration sets anatomy to 1 semester because it prepares you for when you learn about systems such as cardio, resp, and renal, meaning you do less work later on. The exam schedule is much lighter in the second semester compared to the first.

Cons:
-small school, run down buildings. Won’t be some amazing campus that you’ll love.
It is true that the school is "older". However, that is because the land used to be used by the military for WW2. One of the atomic bombs was housed here. For this reason, many buildings are deemed historic. That being said, there is a large building being renovated that will be converted to dorms, study spaces, admin offices, and labs.

• Wow
I just got marked complete today. I believe I submitted my secondary exactly a month ago.

I am praying for an II from this school. 🥰

E8010D7B-B637-4B72-B1D5-56C54A1775BD.jpeg

Does anyone know what this additional information could be?

I just got marked complete today. I believe I submitted my secondary exactly a month ago.

I am praying for an II from this school.
i got a II exactly 2 months after the complete email

Just got the acceptance email!! interviewed 11/8

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 11/8!! I was wondering if there is a Facebook group for accepted students?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed 11/8!! I was wondering if there is a Facebook group for accepted students?
Congrats on your acceptance. Your official facebook group will be made sometime in the spring. Please hold off on making one yourself. Expect a phone call from admissions soon!

also accepted on Friday by email!! and received a phone call from a student in admissions but missed the phone call! so happy!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users