2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted few days ago and have few questions about rotation and housing

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
is Touro still interviewing? submitted my secondary in Oct and haven't heard anything since :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Asked about this a few months ago, but having trouble finding any housing on mare island. The link that was posted here a while ago isn't working, any leads for stuff for rent on the island?

Last edited:
Asked about this a few months ago, but having trouble finding any housing on mare island. The link that was posted here a while ago isn't working, any leads for stuff for rent on the island?
We have transitioned to a new housing platform page on TUConnect/CampusGroups. TUConnect is an online platform that all TUC students have access to. Please contact Director of Student Activities, Winnie Bush, at [email protected], with your full name and email address in order to have a guest profile created. Once a guest profile is created, you can access TUConnect/CampusGroups.

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question! Is there a FB or GroupMe for accepted students yet lmao? 😅

No. They are making one now and it should be out within a couple weeks or so.
Oof okay. Is there a second look day/equivalent of any kind? I would love to interact w current students to get to know the school/community better.

There are Touro Talks every Wednesday at noon. If you scroll up tucomstudoc posted a link to them

Has anyone accepted received any correspondence from the school yet? Like onboarding stuff? (DO program, not mph?)

Has anyone accepted received any correspondence from the school yet? Like onboarding stuff? (DO program, not mph?)
We are still interviewing. You won't be receiving an email for a couple more weeks. I'm working with student leadership to create a Facebook page for admitted students.

I got an interview invite earlier today. Kind of shocked because I had already processed and grieved for this cycle already.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to purchase books and supplies from current M1s for next year?

Is there a way to purchase books and supplies from current M1s for next year?

Not sure why there are non-english characters, but that's the group you're looking for.

For any current/former students- is it possible to request to transfer to another Touro DO campus/program (i.e. Las Vegas) if one has a change in life circumstances? (say, get married and your partner lives where the other campus is). Thanks!

For any current/former students- is it possible to request to transfer to another Touro DO campus/program (i.e. Las Vegas) if one has a change in life circumstances? (say, get married and your partner lives where the other campus is). Thanks!
I'm just another applicant but I'm quite confident this is not an option as they all operate 100% independently. You would have to apply as a transfer applicant same as if you were coming from any other program.

I'm a bit confused about the Touro Portal. Have any accepted students received access to the "listserv"? Also, do we know when fin aid packets are distributed? thanks friends!!

@cruzertown411 I haven't received any "listserv" access email either. Guessing we'll have to wait until next week.

For those on the waitlist, we have that option to submit an update after April 1st. The line from the email is "If you desire to do so, you may, after April 1st, submit a two page update to your application detailing significant experiences or additional grades you may have obtained since the date of your interview."

Since applying last summer, I've only continued to work my same clinical job that was already on my DO application. Other than that I have one new grade, Doesn't seem like much to update, but I REALLY want to go to Touro for so many reasons (the Bay is home and recent family events have given me even more reason to want to stay).

Do you guys think it would be bad to use our update more like a general LOI? In the email they specifically are asking for "significant experiences or additional grades", which is not an LOI. Would really like to hear what others think, because I want to do everything I can to get in to this school.

I'm a bit confused about the Touro Portal. Have any accepted students received access to the "listserv"? Also, do we know when fin aid packets are distributed? thanks friends!!

I received an email saying that we will receive the listserv soon to our Touro email account. I dont have it yet so my guess is that we will get it next week

For those who have been accepted and paid their deposit, here is the official TUCOM class of 2025 facebook page.
(You will need a screenshot of your acceptance letter for approval)
www.facebook.com/groups/1143206716112878/
For those of us without facebook and no intention of making one, is there any comparable resource/forum where we can get access to the same resources? Or is this what the listserv is intended to do?

For those of us without facebook and no intention of making one, is there any comparable resource/forum where we can get access to the same resources? Or is this what the listserv is intended to do?
Facebook is the main way the entire class communicates with each other. We post notes, polls, and club announcements, share anki decks and google docs, organize events, etc. in our Facebook group. If professors needs to make an announcement to the class, it will be through email/Canvas. Technically, without a Facebook, you're not missing out on anything mandatory, but you will be missing out on a lot of information/resources that might be helpful to your studies or extracurricular/leadership opportunities that you want to take on.

Ultimately, the group is here to help you succeed.

The listserv is for professors to communicate with you and I'm not sure you want to be sending an email to the entire class. Email fatigue is real!

For those on the waitlist, we have that option to submit an update after April 1st. The line from the email is "If you desire to do so, you may, after April 1st, submit a two page update to your application detailing significant experiences or additional grades you may have obtained since the date of your interview."

Since applying last summer, I've only continued to work my same clinical job that was already on my DO application. Other than that I have one new grade, Doesn't seem like much to update, but I REALLY want to go to Touro for so many reasons (the Bay is home and recent family events have given me even more reason to want to stay).

Do you guys think it would be bad to use our update more like a general LOI? In the email they specifically are asking for "significant experiences or additional grades", which is not an LOI. Would really like to hear what others think, because I want to do everything I can to get in to this school.
I am also curious as well. I applied in Sept-Oct so I do not have much thing to update lol

I would like to know this as well
Student at Western University in SoCal. Among DO schools, I would say Touro is strong, but Western is stronger in California due to better rotations. Both have very similar incoming student statistics.

Beyond California, I think Touro has a better known name because it has a campus in NY (and Nevada).

Are lectures mandatory at TOCOM or can we just use recorded lectures?

New to the forum so sorry if the question has been asked (too lazy to scroll thru). Are they done extending II? Sitting here patiently waiting but it does not look good.

New to the forum so sorry if the question has been asked (too lazy to scroll thru). Are they done extending II? Sitting here patiently waiting but it does not look good.
As mentioned before, we interview through to May. Currently we are on spring break so there are no interviews or adcom meetings this week.

Withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully, it will go to one of you!

• Love
Have any of the accepted students gotten access to the "listserv" from that university email that they sent out. It's been close to two weeks, even though they made it seem like we should expect something within a day or two. Just trying to see if I'm not the only one still without access to anything.

Have any of the accepted students gotten access to the "listserv" from that university email that they sent out. It's been close to two weeks, even though they made it seem like we should expect something within a day or two. Just trying to see if I'm not the only one still without access to anything.
I'm not sure if I understand, but I haven't received any e-mails on the student email account that was set up. It just shows a Gmail welcome message for me.

I'm not sure if I understand, but I haven't received any e-mails on the student email account that was set up. It just shows a Gmail welcome message for me.
Ok thanks, what I was referring to was an email they sent out about two weeks ago to our personal/undergrad emails stating this (which they never followed up with):

"You have also been or will shortly be given access to the official email listserv for your class and the notice of that action has or will be sent to your @student.touro.edu email account. The listserv is a way for your program and other administrative staff to communicate with your entire class. The listserv is also a way for you to get to know your fellow classmates as well as an opportunity to share and receive information about housing opportunities, great places to eat, or just quiet places to study. Once you have access, please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to your future classmates! Consider including information about your interests, hobbies, or whatever you wish to share!"

Ok thanks, what I was referring to was an email they sent out about two weeks ago to our personal/undergrad emails stating this (which they never followed up with):

"You have also been or will shortly be given access to the official email listserv for your class and the notice of that action has or will be sent to your @student.touro.edu email account. The listserv is a way for your program and other administrative staff to communicate with your entire class. The listserv is also a way for you to get to know your fellow classmates as well as an opportunity to share and receive information about housing opportunities, great places to eat, or just quiet places to study. Once you have access, please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to your future classmates! Consider including information about your interests, hobbies, or whatever you wish to share!"
I see. I didn't receive that e-mail, but I was a deferred admission from last cycle so I'm not sure if that is why.

No, they haven't sent anything yet. I got that email as well.

Withdrawing my A today.
Touro was by far my favorite interview experience and all the faculty and students seems like they have built an incredible and welcoming community. Hoping my spot goes to one of y'all! You'll all make wonderful DOs <3

• Love
Withdrawing my A today.
Touro was by far my favorite Easter egg hunt experience and all the faculty and students seems like they have built an incredible and welcoming community. Hoping my spot goes to one of y'all! You'll all make wonderful DOs <3
you are our savior 🤲

Withdrawing my A today.
Touro was by far my favorite Easter egg hunt experience and all the faculty and students seems like they have built an incredible and welcoming community. Hoping my spot goes to one of y'all! You'll all make wonderful DOs <3
Easter egg hunt?