UFCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else so paranoid about the survey that they want to submit it again? I got the confirmation screen but didn't even think to take a screen shot. :oops:
Me too! I’m sure we will be okay though, as long as we got the confirmation screen which we did!

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection is devastating. Let yourself feel the disappointment. But like I said, this doesn’t define you as a person or a potential vet. Some of the smartest people I know applied multiple cycles. Amazing applicants are denied every year because frankly there isn’t enough spots to admit everyone who deserves it. Schools also weigh different aspects of the application differently, don’t let one rejection make you lose all hope. After I got my first rejection I thought there was no way any other school would accept me, and they did! Keep on going, you can do this!
Edit in regards to your other comment: I had multiple classmates in undergrad not get into UF as their instate, but into other OOS schools including AZSU, LIU, and Cornell and they are all beyond happy!
Thank you for sharing this :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an email with their scheduled interview date yet? I know they said by the 20th but I haven’t received one yet and wanted to see if others had

Has anyone received an email with their scheduled interview date yet? I know they said by the 20th but I haven’t received one yet and wanted to see if others had
Nothing yet for me :)

Reactions: 1 users
First Time OOS Applicant. Alternate Interview Waitlist for Me.

I’m a first year and I’m also willing to answer any questions as I was in your shoes not that long ago!

• Love
I’m a first year and I’m also willing to answer any questions as I was in your shoes not that long ago!
Is there a possibility you know about how long the alternate waitlist is? I'm not sure if UF will release rankings like I've heard some schools do later on.

Any advice for the interview or how to prepare for it? Thank you!
I definitely utilized someone for a mock interview and had them ask me some of the questions that previous years had. Since the interview was on zoom, I also wrote myself some sticky notes to stick by my laptop that had some bullet points that would help jog my memory for good anecdotes that could help me tell my story better! I also looked up some current events or controversial topics in vet med to tie into any questions they asked. They actually ended up asking me if there was a question that I thought they would ask that they hadn't and if I would like to tell them about it! I used that as an opportunity to talk about some really cool tech that I was excited to see used in my future practice :)

Is there a possibility you know about how long the alternate waitlist is? I'm not sure if UF will release rankings like I've heard some schools do later on.
As far as I know, UF does not release your waitlist position and does not disclose how long it is. I know that the OOS list moved quite a bit last year and that if you received a call for a seat you had 24 hours to decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone screenshot the last page? If so, did it give a time of when they were going to send it?

It said November 20 at the latest. I guess technically that could mean until midnight. I’m dying here!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations again on getting an interview!!

excited but so nervous for the interview! how are you guys preparing?

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing this week!

• Care
Sending all the good vibes to everyone interviewing tomorrow! We got this <3

• Care
Just had my interview today (IS) they said afterwards we’d be hearing back in the first or second week of Jan
How did it go? Did you feel comfortable? Were the questions what you expected? (Have OOS interview on 13th :))

it went really well! i was soooo nervous but it was much less stressful than MMIs in my opinion. way more "traditional" than a lot of others styles and they sat there scrolling through your app and asking you to expand/explain stuff and tell them who you are! really conversational and not bad at all

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
it went really well! i was soooo nervous but it was much less stressful than MMIs in my opinion. way more "traditional" than a lot of others styles and they sat there scrolling through your app and asking you to expand/explain stuff and tell them who you are! really conversational and not bad at all
and i am IS btw!

• Love
I am also IS and my interview was closed packet so they only knew about the things I mentioned. I think it is up to individual interviewer preference if they look at it or not!

Congrats!! Is there anything you wish you were more prepared for or reviewed before hand?

I am also IS and my interview was closed packet so they only knew about the things I mentioned. I think it is up to individual interviewer preference if they look at it or not!
Congrats to both of you! Now you can just relax until January if that’s really when they send out acceptances!

Just wondering- does anyone know how to read the chart they have posted for interview/acceptance stats? Trying to see roughly how many they interview but none of the numbers add up

Only one of my interviewers looked at my application, and they just fired off questions. I found it kind of hard to get some important points about myself across with the questions asked. I don’t think I did terribly but wish it went better.. oh well, I will just hope for the best! I guess the interviewers all have their own approach.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Only one of my interviewers looked at my application, and they just fired off questions. I found it kind of hard to get some important points about myself across with the questions asked. I don’t think I did terribly but wish it went better.. oh well, I will just hope for the best! I guess the interviewers all have their own approach.
I feel the same way and feel very better knowing I’m not alone in that <3
Fingers crossed for the two of us

• Care
Reactions: 3 users