UFCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also interviewed today! I was really nervous at first but the faculty I spoke with were very friendly and conversational. I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like they both read my application beforehand but did not reference it directly to me during the interview. I felt like they asked me a lot of behavioral/"tell me about a time when" questions in addition to asking me to expand on my veterinary and non-veterinary experiences. Overall not too bad at all. Congrats and good luck to everyone interviewing, you got this! :giggle:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Is there anything you wish you were more prepared for or reviewed before hand?
thanks! no, not really, i think just "study" your on application and make sure you can speak about at least one thing from each experience in case they ask and what you learned from them etc. i was asked about how i showed leadership and to draw on your experiences. pretty typical stuff. i would think of questions to ask after the interview too. this was just my experience and a friend who is also IS said it was the same for her but definitely i think it's very dependent on the interviewer you get. for sure more similar to a job interview than vet ones i've done so far imo

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to both of you! Now you can just relax until January if that’s really when they send out acceptances!

Just wondering- does anyone know how to read the chart they have posted for interview/acceptance stats? Trying to see roughly how many they interview but none of the numbers add up
thanks! and yeah very confused about the past admission stats, would love to know too haha. i think a portion would maybe be incomplete apps but as for the other numbers no clue

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your question!? originally there were 150. 148 accepted and 2 students repeating 1st year. I also think some students dropped out / decided on a different school after those stats were released.
For OOS, it says there were only 12 students that were denied after the interview, which feels like such a small amount compared to other schools only taking the top 25% of interviews.
Also they only did a packet review of 600 some OOS even though there were over 1300 applicants?

For OOS, it says there were only 12 students that were denied after the interview, which feels like such a small amount compared to other schools only taking the top 25% of interviews.
Also they only did a packet review of 600 some OOS even though there were over 1300 applicants?
I think quiet a few people decline their spots/decline their interviews so maybe that is what it is? They might put alot of people on the waitlist and go from there. I have no actual clue though haha.

Has anyone moved off of the interview waitlist and has received an interview?

Is that a thread on here? Could you share if possible?

I’m not sure if you can access it through the app. If you look up UF CVM interview sdn there’s a website that has a bunch of interview feedback. There are questions on there that I used to practice!

Hey guys,

I have an interview for University of Florida on December 15th. I have gotten accepted to Midwestern University and have another interview for Missouri. Due to midwestern being in state I got to learn more about the school and take a tour. I would really appreciate if any current student of University of Florida could tell me what the school, campus and environment is like due to wanting to learn more about them. No detail is too small , please tell me what you love or don't love

Since I am OOS I wanted to make sure that Florida is In Eastern Standard Time. In Arizona it is 4:30pm meaning that Florida should be 6:30 pm which is 2 hours ahead. My interview is at 1pm (EST) which means I should get on around 10:50 am (my time) due to them wanting us to get on 10 mins before our interview .
Thank you

Hey guys,

I have an interview for University of Florida on December 15th. I have gotten accepted to Midwestern University and have another interview for Missouri. Due to midwestern being in state I got to learn more about the school and take a tour. I would really appreciate if any current student of University of Florida could tell me what the school, campus and environment is like due to wanting to learn more about them. No detail is too small , please tell me what you love or don't love

Since I am OOS I wanted to make sure that Florida is In Eastern Standard Time. In Arizona it is 4:30pm meaning that Florida should be 6:30 pm which is 2 hours ahead. My interview is at 1pm (EST) which means I should get on around 10:50 am (my time) due to them wanting us to get on 10 mins before our interview .
Thank you
I'm IS for UF so I can't speak on what it's like to be an OOS student, but I personally love UF. It has its ups and downs like every vet school, but the draw for me was the certificate program in food animal. The vet school campus is kind of removed from the main UF campus which I personally like. We get to be our own little community away from the undergrads and other grad students. I'm not gonna lie, the weather is its own beast. Some days the humidity is so high that it's like breathing oatmeal while others like today are nice and cool. I will say that if you like exploring the outdoors, GNV has some amazing places to go hiking, birdwatching, etc. GNV is interesting because it's a nice college town hub that's surrounded by agricultural land. I really do like the culture of the city, especially the food. My biggest piece of advice is to come visit if you can swing it! It really makes a difference when you can wander around and experience the city and campus in person. Even though I'm IS, visiting both here and UMN where I also got in made a huge difference when it came down to decision time. If you want to pick my brain any more or if there's a specific OOS question that I can ask my OOS roommate, please feel free to PM me! And yes, we are EST :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
During their interview, has anyone kept a portfolio or anything of achievements/things that you may have physically wanted to show the interviewers? Or is that frowned upon?

Hey guys,

Thank you
Completed my undergraduate at UF and I wasn’t a fan of the main campus because they aren’t off campus commuter friendly but LOVED the animal science/vet school campus which is its own separate little world! It’s so beautiful! I will say Gainesville is ickkkkkk - if you didn’t have allergies before you probably will while living here, we call it rainsville for a reason mostly humid/ rainy/ HOT but two months stay cooler (if you consider mid 60s cold) but then back to HOT. Oh and lots of gators literally 🤣

I did my interview this morning and I feel like I did okay. I certainly could have talked more about some of my experiences but I kept stumbling over my words because I was overthinking everything. I’m so nervous that I blew my interview. January cannot come fast enough.

• Care
Completed my undergraduate at UF and I wasn’t a fan of the main campus because they aren’t off campus commuter friendly but LOVED the animal science/vet school campus which is its own separate little world! It’s so beautiful! I will say Gainesville is ickkkkkk - if you didn’t have allergies before you probably will while living here, we call it rainsville for a reason mostly humid/ rainy/ HOT but two months stay cooler (if you consider mid 60s cold) but then back to HOT. Oh and lots of gators literally 🤣
I didn’t go to undergrad here (thankfully), but I completely agree with this assessment 😂

Just finished my interview and I genuinely had the best time! Both of my interviewers were so kind and genuinely listened and responded to my answers. I was just asked the basic questions (strengths/why vets?/hard decision/if I don’t get in/etc.) My practicing interviewer saw my packet, but the UF student did not look at my packet.

Has anyone gotten questions like what diseases are found in unpasteurized milk? I saw that on the list of possible questions from the forum and thought that was super specific.

I am so worried about those curveball questions!

Has anyone gotten questions like what diseases are found in unpasteurized milk? I saw that on the list of possible questions from the forum and thought that was super specific.

Nope! All of m questions were either behavioral typical interview or based on my application

Most of my questions were about me, not specific questions about my application but a lot of “tell me about a time when..” whether it was when you failed at something and how you learned/changed from it. I didn’t have any questions like that personally! Interviewed 11/30

Nope! Mine were all just “getting to know you better” questions. The only non about-me one was the “biggest issue in veterinary medicine”. They each pick out their own questions it seems.

I had my interview today as OOS, and it was less stressful than I actually expected. I think I had a faculty member and then a 4th-year student. They were both super nice and I definitely feel like it depends on who you get to make it a conversational type of experience. But I'd say definitely prepare some questions for the end!

Did you guys use the virtual background or stick to a neutral background wherever you did your interview? I was trying out the virtual background but it cuts out my face at times and thought that would be distracting

Did you guys use the virtual background or stick to a neutral background wherever you did your interview? I was trying out the virtual background but it cuts out my face at times and thought that would be distracting

I had the background they sent us, and out of the other 7 people in my interview, only 2 didn’t have it.

Did anyone that interviewed already get asked about current events in veterinary medicine? If so, what did they ask? A little nervous about getting thrown off by those questions.

Did anyone that interviewed already get asked about current events in veterinary medicine? If so, what did they ask? A little nervous about getting thrown off by those questions.
My interviewers asked me about One Health and that was it!

I was asked what I thought a challenge facing vet med was and how I can have an impact on that challenge

done with my interview...! was anyone planning on sending their interviewers thank you emails or is that not really a thing? i was just thinking even if i wanted to email, i'm not sure how i would obtain the interviewers' emails

done with my interview...! was anyone planning on sending their interviewers thank you emails or is that not really a thing? i was just thinking even if i wanted to email, i'm not sure how i would obtain the interviewers' emails
they’ll send you an email with a place to send thank you notes a little after your interview

I just finished my interview. OMG I feel like I bombed it but I think I am just beating myself up. I am a pile of mush right now.

• Care
The last day for interviews is today, so I unfortunately don’t think they will be pulling people off the interview waitlist
Agreed. I don’t know of anyone that was moved from the list unfortunately.

I just finished my interview. OMG I feel like I bombed it but I think I am just beating myself up. I am a pile of mush right now.
I’m sure you did great! I felt like I was an anxious mess during my interview but they still wanted me 😂 They know people are extremely nervous

Now comes the worst part, waiting for decisions which is worse than the interviews in my opinion lol

They said we will hear back the second week of January right or was it the second of January? wanna make sure I heard right!!

They added more anxiety when they told us they send out offers all the way up to the week before classes start! I really hope that is not the case for me. Oye. I know they send out updates at the beginning of January, but I didn’t get a chance to ask about what they mean by DVM Preview Day in January then it looks like a few weeks after, applicant decisions. Can anyone elaborate? Thanks! Good luck to everyone that interviewed!

They added more anxiety when they told us they send out offers all the way up to the week before classes start! I really hope that is not the case for me. Oye. I know they send out updates at the beginning of January, but I didn’t get a chance to ask about what they mean by DVM Preview Day in January then it looks like a few weeks after, applicant decisions. Can anyone elaborate? Thanks! Good luck to everyone that interviewed!
If you get waitlisted you can get pulled off for any school up until the first day of class. I’m sure all normal offers will go out at the same time in January