University of Minnesota 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, you're right about the unprofessional part. But, this is also your chance to demonstrate some personal responsibility and accountability. You made a mistake and you made it the year before matriculation. I'll be honest- it was a pretty stupid thing to do. Marijuana is a psychologically addictive drug and is said to be a "gateway" drug. Whether you believe this or not doesn't matter because it is up to the bigwigs to decide what happens to you. Since you have been accepted to UMN, you need to tell them ASAP- like today. Don't wait for the background check. The dates will come up and they will be wondering why you didn't tell them. The rest you have to take up with the Board of Pharmacy. Good luck.

Do you really think I should call up the dean and explain myself? I think I might be able to get the whole thing expunged from my record before it comes up. I was thinking of asking my interviewer's personal opinion first. Do you think this is wise? Is he required to report it to the Big Wigs? Is there a background check before start of classes in the fall or just after 1st year

Members don't see this ad.

Do you really think I should call up the dean and explain myself? I think I might be able to get the whole thing expunged from my record before it comes up. I was thinking of asking my interviewer's personal opinion first. Do you think this is wise? Is he required to report it to the Big Wigs? Is there a background check before start of classes in the fall or just after 1st year

Maybe your friend should talk to the admissions counselor. The admissions counselor might have a better idea about what to do- and the admissions counselor is not an adcom. It might be safer that way. Some schools do the background check right off the bat. If there was an arrest made, that is undoubtedly showing up already. And, there is always the chance that it won't be expunged. In either case, your friend will have to explain herself/himself on the background check paperwork. If it was me, I would talk to the admissions counselor. I did notice that the admissions counselor at TC was VERY friendly and will probably be very helpful in this case. I wouldn't bother to go all the way to the Dean if I didn't have to- ya know?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what P1's got this year...the reviews are good so I'd guess they're going to stick with 'em. You'll find out in September for sure!

Nice. Was your interview held in the TC campus or Duluth? I had mine in Duluth and loved it. *Joins in crossing his fingers* hope you get in.
Hello,

I have an interview in a couple of weeks at U of Minnesota and was wondering what to expect. it'a a panel interview.

thanks

Use search function and interview feedback on this site...come back if you have specific questions.

Congrats to everyone that was accepted and good luck to those awaiting word! I'm a 2nd year on the Duluth campus. If you have any questions feel free to PM me :)

But there's a facebook group for the U of Minnesota PharmD Class of 2014 ?
:idea:

Did anybody else interview yesterday? How did it go??

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you morning interview? I was on the panel :)

Mine was an afternoon one in Duluth actually. Thanks so much for being a part of one of the student panels -- the answers we got were great and it was my favorite part of the whole day!

Current students: Where is the best/cheapest place to get CPR certified?

Current students: Where is the best/cheapest place to get CPR certified?

I did mine through PLS at the college. It was $45, taught by fellow students, and in the evening. As an incoming student, don't worry about this...you have your entire P1 year to get certified.

I did mine through PLS at the college. It was $45, taught by fellow students, and in the evening. As an incoming student, don't worry about this...you have your entire P1 year to get certified.

Unfortunately it is now a requirement to have your certification before you enter the program. I just heard this from Peter Haeg today. From there I think the Red Cross might be the best choice only because I THINK it is a 2 year certification... so you wouldn't need it again right away.

Unfortunately it is now a requirement to have your certification before you enter the program. I just heard this from Peter Haeg today. From there I think the Red Cross might be the best choice only because I THINK it is a 2 year certification... so you wouldn't need it again right away.

Well that sucks. Glad I'm Class of 2013!

Hello!

Is anyone going to the February interview?

Hey, are you guys buried in snow over there? Man, I lucked out getting in on the 11/20 interview instead of the Jan one. If I get in, I am going to have to suck it up and buy some warm clothes :D

AZ to MN? Wow that's the ultimate winter transition. I'm from MN but go to school at Iowa State. I must admit that I actually prefer MN weather to IA weather. Minnesota is far enough north not to get the freezing rain in the winter like Iowa does. Usually...

Freezing rain = boooooooo...

I actually like the cold. At least you can bundle up with lots of layers or get warm boots and gloves. When it is so hot here that you can fry an egg on the hood of your car (literally- I am not joking), it isn't like you can walk around naked or peel your skin off. And being dehyrated all the time sucks.

Freezing rain = boooooooo...

I actually like the cold. At least you can bundle up with lots of layers or get warm boots and gloves. When it is so hot here that you can fry an egg on the hood of your car (literally- I am not joking), it isn't like you can walk around naked or peel your skin off. And being dehyrated all the time sucks.

Haha then you'll love Minnesota. The Twin Cities really are a great place to live. It's nice having all seasons, but by the middle of winter I'm dying for a heat wave, and by the middle of summer I'm praying for a snowstorm.

Just had my interview on Friday, Feb 5th. I think it went well but I'm still really nervous. My interviewer was pretty awesome but only asked me three 'serious' questions. It's a really great school and my first choice. The 4-week wait is going to kill me. I'm already checking my email obsessively even though I know they send letters through regular mail. Which reminds me...the other school I was accepted at, they let me know by email but then the mail lost my acceptance packet :eek:. The school sent me another one and it was fine but should I ask UMN to email me or just wait until mid-March and see what happens?

I would wait. Did they give you a date that they will send out the letters? When I interviewed, they gave out a specific date but the letters actually came early.

Just wondering if anybody knows anyone who got an interview with U of MN without meeting their 3.00/3.20 (last 60 units) GPA requirement? Is there still a chance that they would consider your application even if you don't meet that requirement? Thanks.

I'm a little late to the forum. I interviewed Nov. 20th and got in to the Twin Cities campus! :soexcited:
I'm still waiting on California schools, but perhaps i'll see some of you in the fall :D

Hey all I got an interview at the duluth campus on feb 20 and I was wondering if people prefer the tc campus and if so why do tou like it better.I am having a little trouble deciding which campus to choose.Thanks

Hey all I got an interview at the duluth campus on feb 20 and I was wondering if people prefer the tc campus and if so why do tou like it better.I am having a little trouble deciding which campus to choose.Thanks

use the search function and come back with specific questions.

I got in!!! Moving back to Minneapolis. Is it June yet? haha, so excited and can't wait to spend all of next summer in the cities!!!

Hey guys, I received my acceptance packet yesterday. I interviewed jan. 22nd in duluth, but will be attending the twin cities campus. Good luck to anyone still waiting or anyone who has not interviewed yet.

I know a couple people who were not considered because they did not meet the 3.0/3.2 criteria. So, I think the answer to your ? is no, but I would talk to u of m admissions.

Hey guys, I received my acceptance packet yesterday. I interviewed jan. 22nd in duluth, but will be attending the twin cities campus. Good luck to anyone still waiting or anyone who has not interviewed yet.

Hey Korb--,

I interviewed jan 22nd in Duluth and I will be attending TC Campus too! Congrats to the both of us.

Im so excited, guys! Im from California and probably have absolutely no idea what I am getting myself into (re: weather).. Bracing myself. :)

Congrats to class of 2014!
See you in September, and good luck to those moving from AZ or CA. I've lived in Minneapolis nearly my whole life, but am still not used to the more than occasional -10F with a -40 wind chill. Besides that, I love this city.

It's gonna be cold, cold, cold, cold, CoOOOOOold!

Hey Korb--,

I interviewed jan 22nd in Duluth and I will be attending TC Campus too! Congrats to the both of us.

Im so excited, guys! Im from California and probably have absolutely no idea what I am getting myself into (re: weather).. Bracing myself. :)

Me too -- I interviewed on the 22nd in Duluth and just found out I'll be at the TC campus next fall also -- congrats to both of you too!

Welcome class of 2014!

You're going to love Minneapolis. It's not that bad. Well, it's sort of bad. You definitely get used to it :D The weather is a small price to pay for such a great program. Plus, you can rock stylish winter wear 5-6 months out of the year!

On average, how long did it take for you to hear back after supplementals were sent for interviews?

On average, how long did it take for you to hear back after supplementals were sent for interviews?

I also heard back nearly immediately, while Virginia Commonwealth is going on 3 months now with no response. I think that this says a lot about about the UMN program.

I also heard back nearly immediately, while Virginia Commonwealth is going on 3 months now with no response. I think that this says a lot about about the UMN program.
Is Virginia Commonwealth rolling? If not, then their application process does not close until March 1 and they will not begin calls until after that.

Is Virginia Commonwealth rolling? If not, then their application process does not close until March 1 and they will not begin calls until after that.

Its rolling... although not my way apparently.

WOOOHOOOOOO!

I can't wait to go from a undergrad student population of thousands to 100 PharmD students!

Lets learn everything about drugs!!!!

Who is going to be at UMN next year?!!?! ME!

asfkjdnbfjnuewrtyiubnvacwmadeiweaifhyrbh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to see this thread revived, so vent.

hey guys,
is there a facebook group for our class? if not, someone start it!! :)

Did anyone get interview invitations for March 12 and 22?