University of Minnesota 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone!! you are going to love it here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

yep! March 12. I'm super excited b/c UMN is my first choice!

Wow I just got my invitation for March 12 too :)
and I applied really late like feb 29th.
but i'm not sure if i'll go to the interview since its a long trip from Virginia

Does anyone know if they already awarded the scholarships yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the scholarships are gone with the exception of a few Peters'.

I have to place deposits for other schools in case i dont get accepted to umn, but i would like to know when people who have interviewed have heard back? (ie. How many days after the interview did you hear about the acceptance?)

I have to place deposits for other schools in case i dont get accepted to umn, but i would like to know when people who have interviewed have heard back? (ie. How many days after the interview did you hear about the acceptance?)

Three weeks (exactly) after the interview for me. They seem to send the letter a few days before the date they give you on interview day.

I just talked to admissions and they will mail out final acceptances by April 5th - time delay here due to spring break. At that time, UM will rank the waitlist as well.

Has anyone who interviewed on feb. 19th got an acceptance yet?

I interviewed on Feb 19th and I received my acceptance letter on Friday. I will be attending the Duluth campus!

I interviewed on Feb 19th and I received my acceptance letter on Friday. I will be attending the Duluth campus!

Congrats Goldie, and to everyone else :)

Cant wait to start and freeze my butt off lol.

I interviewed on March 12. They say we won't know until April 15. I had to make a deposit for NY in the mean time. Ay ya! I'm praying for Minnesota because it's my top choice!

I'm going for the interview on Monday! Can anyone who has been there give me some advice or any comments?

I'm going for the interview on Monday! Can anyone who has been there give me some advice or any comments?

Eat a substantial meal before the interview, it's a 4 hour deal and all we got were cookies.

Another thing, you don't find out who your interviewer is until right before you go knock on their office door. All faculty have brief bios with recent publications and stuff posted on the wall on the same floor as their office. Read it

Uh, this might be too late... good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
hey is anyone here on the ranked waiting list? i interviewed in november and this wait is KILLING ME!!! meanwhile i've been accepted into three other schools but the U is my first choice! anyone from the waiting list heard anything?

hey is anyone here on the ranked waiting list? i interviewed in november and this wait is KILLING ME!!! meanwhile i've been accepted into three other schools but the U is my first choice! anyone from the waiting list heard anything?

are you on the ranked waitlist? if so, did they send your letter by mail with the ranking already?

I am ranked too. I forgot to e-mail them today to ask about my "relative" position in the list. I guess I will just wait for the letter. Hopefully they want me as much as I want them. Waiting sux.

I was on the ranked waitlist and was accepted today. However, I will decline my acceptance, so there will be a free spot at the Twin Cities campus. Good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks for posting, ResearchPharmD. Does anyone else think it's weird that they are pulling people on the waitlist when the people who interviewed in March haven't gotten notified about their admission/waitlist/denial status yet? I interviewed March 22, and haven't expected to hear anything for a few weeks but I'm perplexed now.

Thanks for posting, ResearchPharmD. Does anyone else think it's weird that they are pulling people on the waitlist when the people who interviewed in March haven't gotten notified about their admission/waitlist/denial status yet? I interviewed March 22, and haven't expected to hear anything for a few weeks but I'm perplexed now.

I have a feeling they might underadmit.

We were told we would hear by the 5th of April so this makes sense UM has started mailing letters. Definitely watching the mailbox this week!

Noooo..

They are already pulling from waitlist? :( I also interviewed the same day as you and I was told to wait till the 15th of April (per the yellow sheet in the packet). ///edit. I interviewed March 12th.

Maybe they have already made the decisions and all the letters will be coming in pretty soon? :xf:

Hopeful.

I interviewed on March 12. They say we won't know until April 15. I had to make a deposit for NY in the mean time. Ay ya! I'm praying for Minnesota because it's my top choice!

Hi! You probably interviewed on the same date as me. I have the same issue too. Deposit for NY... Which NY school is it for? :)

I can't wait to hear back from MN!

I got interviewed on Oct 23, was on the ranked waitlist and offered admission at Duluth today. I am declining my seat though, good luck to everyone waiting! U of MN is Amazing!!

I got interviewed on Oct 23, was on the ranked waitlist and offered admission at Duluth today. I am declining my seat though, good luck to everyone waiting! U of MN is Amazing!!

ALL correspondence from MN is done through snail mail? For example, if a candidate is informed to be on waitlist, ranked waitlist, pulled off waitlist, etc.?

MN's admission statistics page was update as of 3/30 date. It seems like there are 34 spots remaining roughly... Anybody else waiting for MN as much as me? :oops:

I had the November interview, was wait-listed on the ranked list, and got my acceptance email yesterday for the Duluth campus. Still not sure if I am accepting it though. I also got in to University of Cincinnati that I am also really excited for.

I had the November interview, was wait-listed on the ranked list, and got my acceptance email yesterday for the Duluth campus. Still not sure if I am accepting it though. I also got in to University of Cincinnati that I am also really excited for.

Congratulations trackstar! Are you from Cincinnati? I guess the school can also e-mail us.

First, congrats to all the people that have been accepted!

Second, I was wondering if anyone knows when the white coat ceremony is? My mom has to ask off of work at least three months in advance and she's really excited to go as am I.

Thirdly, while looking for the answer to #2 above, I noticed that the admission statistics page says that 100% of the seats are full but they are planning to overadmit from the March interviews. I was accepted approximately four weeks after my Feb. 5th interview, does "overadmit" mean anything for me?

I thunk it says 100% of interview spots are filled, but they had a few spots for the two campuses.. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was being hopeful with those statistics.

I thunk it says 100% of interview spots are filled, but they had a few spots for the two campuses.. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was being hopeful with those statistics.

Just got my admission email today for Duluth. They told me that all of the TC seats have been filled.

So, applications went from nearly 1200 in 2007 and 2008 to 844 in 2010?

I wonder why this is so.

I just got admitted into the Twin Cities campus off the waitlist. I'd love to go but I think I'm pretty much set on going to UW in Seattle. It's definitely a hard decision for me. I loved what I saw of UMN, the campus was very nice and everyone seemed more supportive than any other campus I had visited. Congrats to everyone who got in.

Congrats to everyone who got in! I interviewed on March 22 and I'm so disappointed for not getting in to UMN. Well, it is what it is, I guess the perks is that I won't have to face a choice similar to rxlea..sigh...good or bad...

Congrats to everyone who got in! I interviewed on March 22 and I'm so disappointed for not getting in to UMN. Well, it is what it is, I guess the perks is that I won't have to face a choice similar to rxlea..sigh...good or bad...

I'm not so sure you should give up hope yet - did you get a rejection letter/email? It just seems they pull so many from the waitlist and many posters today have said they got accepted but are going elsewhere. :idea:

You note accepted student - where are you going?

I just got admitted into the Twin Cities campus off the waitlist. I'd love to go but I think I'm pretty much set on going to UW in Seattle. It's definitely a hard decision for me. I loved what I saw of UMN, the campus was very nice and everyone seemed more supportive than any other campus I had visited. Congrats to everyone who got in.

So why are you going to UW? Do you love the west coast? The cold is pretty intense in MN. :eek:

I'm not so sure you should give up hope yet - did you get a rejection letter/email? It just seems they pull so many from the waitlist and many posters today have said they got accepted but are going elsewhere. :idea:

You note accepted student - where are you going?

I've been accepted to UT-Memphis, placed a deposit there to hold my place while waiting for UMN's decision. Just checked the admissions statistics and saw that it's 100% full for both campuses, was feeling crushed until I saw that they may over-admit, but still don't wanna get my hopes up too high :scared:

I guess the later interviewees will all be waitlisted or declined. :(

I wish I hadn't postponed my interview date...

So, applications went from nearly 1200 in 2007 and 2008 to 844 in 2010?

I wonder why this is so.

This stat is probably applicable to other schools as well. Economy means less people are able to afford a PharmD program. Those applying may apply to less schools than before as well.

I guess the later interviewees will all be waitlisted or declined. :(

I wish I hadn't postponed my interview date...

I'm thinking they will waitlist or decline most people who interviewed 3/12 or 3/22...but I'm still crossing my fingers that really will over admit!!

I'm thinking they will waitlist or decline most people who interviewed 3/12 or 3/22...but I'm still crossing my fingers that really will over admit!!

Expect news exactly a week from now/or that following Monday. 3/12 and 3/22 candidates will be reviewed 4/5 and 4/6. Letters mailed 4/7 --per Katie in Duluth.

I was on the waitlist and got an acceptance email a few days ago to the TC campus...hooray! For all those still waiting they are not done pulling people off because many will decline now that it's so late. Keep hope!

Anyone on the forum still waiting to hear back at all from mn? Late interview date or ranked/ unranked waitlist? I feel like umn thread isn't as active as some other threads.. Gl:xf:

Anyone on the forum still waiting to hear back at all from mn? Late interview date or ranked/ unranked waitlist? I feel like umn thread isn't as active as some other threads.. Gl:xf:

Unless I get a big ass scholarship between now and Friday, I will reluctantly be declining my acceptance via snail mail (I received my acceptance package this afternoon). One of you will have a seat at the TC campus. I truly hope to stay in contact with some of you from UMN as I plan to visit there a few times over the course of the next four years. I love Minnesota!! Maybe I can attend some of your events :) Good luck to you all! I will be following the U on Facebook!

Unless I get a big ass scholarship between now and Friday, I will reluctantly be declining my acceptance via snail mail (I received my acceptance package this afternoon). One of you will have a seat at the TC campus. I truly hope to stay in contact with some of you from UMN as I plan to visit there a few times over the course of the next four years. I love Minnesota!! Maybe I can attend some of your events :) Good luck to you all! I will be following the U on Facebook!

Haha yeah. Cost is a biggie for MN, but it's actually for majority of the schools I can choose from. I know I will hear back soon as the admissions counselors have said. I just hope enough seats open up by the end of this week so I may get a shot and avoid a 2000$ deposit! :). :love:

Haha yeah. Cost is a biggie for MN, but it's actually for majority of the schools I can choose from. I know I will hear back soon as the admissions counselors have said. I just hope enough seats open up by the end of this week so I may get a shot and avoid a 2000$ deposit! :). :love:

:eek: wow! You mean one of the other schools you received admission at wants $2000? I thought 700 was bad...

I'm still waiting (late interview)! Hopefully I'll hear sometime this week or next week. It's been killing me :/

Hey so class of 2014 students do not need to stress about getting CPR certified before September.

Phi Kappa something is offering a certification class for a fraction of the price of others. The class will be offered during the first couple weeks of classes.

Wooowooo!

maybe this link will work...

https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/Doc?id=dg5bnkqh_0ws4hhdn&btr=EmailImport&AuthEventSource=SSO