University of Minnesota c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Or does anyone plan on working very part time during school?
I would not recommend doing this during your first semester. Give yourself the semester to figure out how you're going to study and take care of yourself. It's going to be a big adjustment and having a job will make it more stressful.

I worked a LOT from year 1 spring onward, and I loved it (I was an overnight student technician in the large animal hospital), but I study better when I have deadlines/pressure so that worked really well for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Just emailed and I moved from 23 to 21 on the OOS list since Monday! If anyone knows of any other movement let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
I moved from #8 to #6 but i was hoping for some more movement today :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I asked if they would let us know if/when the class was full and I got a vague answer about how they don’t consider a class full until the first day of class and would just send updates throughout the summer with or without movement.

For first year vet students coming this fall, what are your summer plans? Are you working full time, part time, not at all? Or does anyone plan on working very part time during school?
I will be working full time and maybe overtime in the summer and then minimally part time during school. Its unrealistic to dedicate my whole life to school when the debt will be piling up so I will be working all 4 years.

For first year vet students coming this fall, what are your summer plans? Are you working full time, part time, not at all? Or does anyone plan on working very part time during school?
I'm not currently planning to work. I want to settle in during school and get used to being a vet student first since it's a huge adjustment. I'd like to work at a clinic, shelter, or ER during the summers/maybe breaks. But I think for myself it's important to focus on adapting my personal life first. And if I have free time outside of school and studying I plan to use it for hobbies, friends, and such as that's what is best for my mental health.

• Care
Hey, I am currently committed to the 2+2 Program with SDSU (in-state, MN resident) and was wondering if anyone knew where those particular students live during their first two years over in Brookings, SD (with pets)? There has only been a few of us communicating in that Forum so I wanted to check in here and see if anyone knew anything or would be attending that program next year! Thanks.

Congrats to those on the waitlist offered a spot!
Anyone know if the IS waitlist usually moves after the decision deadline passes? I’m now number 5 as of April 17th and unsure if there will be any chance.
Have you asked for an update on your rank?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone planning on emailing today for an update on the OOS wait list?

I was planning on asking wednesday but that’s mainly because I emailed them last thursday

Got called at work so I didn't want to freak out but I also wanted to freak out 😭

• Care
OOS acceptance 😱
C6E3916B-5369-40A9-B384-2E2F585D8B65.gif

• Love
I don’t even post on these forums and already rejected my waitlist spot for Minnesota and have just been looking at this thread to see if you got in!!! GO @potentialsheltervet !!!! youll be able to change that name to sheltervet in no time!!!!
Thank you so much. This means a lot to me 💖

• Love
  • Care
I asked the school's admissions office and they said I advanced 5 spots, from #18 to #13 in the first update last week.

• Care
Ahhg moved from #3 to #2 OOS, the anticipation is KILLING me!!

Hey there! Does anyone or any previous students know what the weekly class schedule will be like starting this fall?

moved 1 more spot. Now #6 on IS list. My hopes are not high at this point. The IS doesn't move like the OOS list.

Hey there! Does anyone or any previous students know what the weekly class schedule will be like starting this fall?
Weekly class schedule varies quite a lot since what lectures we have change day to day. For first year, most of your lectures are in the morning (8-noon) and then you will have anatomy labs in the afternoon on one day of the week. Other afternoons may have miscellaneous coursework, discussion based classes, or electives. All classes end at 5pm except for some electives.
They will share a google calendar with you sometime before school starts that has your semester schedule on it.

Me too! How many spots have you advanced compared to the last update
I was originally #48 and moved to #23 when they sent the update on April 18th. I have been at #17 since I emailed last Friday (emailed again this Monday and I am planning on emailing again this Friday).

Since April 17th, I have gone from #8 to #5. What number are you? Or did you get in?
I just got my email back; I’m at #3 right now. I don’t think the list will move much more. Just trying to decide when to start a new application. :(

I just got my email back; I’m at #3 right now. I don’t think the list will move much more. Just trying to decide when to start a new application. :(
What was your number before? Are you IS? I agree, the list is definitely moving much slower if at all. So frustrating to be so close. I was #8 when they were pulling tons of people off the OOS list. I believe they got into the 40's.