University of Minnesota c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wasn't able to go to admitted students day or join the zoom (at work), I would really like to hear the opinions of anyone that was able to go!
It was great! I believe they recorded the zoom meeting, so hopefully they'd be able share it for those who aren't able to attend!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It was great! I believe they recorded the zoom meeting, so hopefully they'd be able share it for those who aren't able to attend!
I actually was very impressed with the school. I was heavily considering going to an out of state school, but I decided to accept my offer right after I visited. The faculty seemed amazing, and they have the highest small animal case load in the nation. I felt that I can become the most competent doctor at this university. The St. Paul campus was smaller and not as overwhelming as the MSP campus.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I actually was very impressed with the school. I was heavily considering going to an out of state school, but I decided to accept my offer right after I visited. The faculty seemed amazing, and they have the highest small animal case load in the nation. I felt that I can become the most competent doctor at this university. The St. Paul campus was smaller and not as overwhelming as the MSP campus.
I'll see you in class! :D

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Karen just came to my university to speak to our Pre-Vet Club and it looks like this year individuals on the alternate list will be given 2-3 days to accept/decline seats versus the 2 weeks that were given last year. This is great because people will be getting pulled off the waitlist faster!

Reactions: 2 users
just declined my OOS spot to go elsewhere. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Declined my OOS spot! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Anyone else totally clenching everything for April 17th? 😅

• Care
I just got my call today off the IS waitlist! I was #3! They started early I guess!

I'm not supposed to be anxious until April 17th/later. Now I'm anxious already noooooo

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my OOS seat today - hope someone here gets some good news as a result! Good luck everyone! 💓

Is this supposed to be a good sign they are already calling people off the IS waitlist??

I just got my call today off the IS waitlist! I was #3! They started early I guess!
Did they give you a deadline for accepting the spot? How exciting! Guess I moved to at least #11 on the IS waitlist now.

I was number 7 on the OOS list and I just got off this morning! Good luck to everyone else

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Probably have another month. Or two. Or hell, maybe they won't call me at all...

Anyone after 7 gotten a call? I'm curious what number they're pausing at/how many spots they're offering to start.

I will be interested to see how the waitlist has changed when they send the update after the 17th.

the people getting called off, are y’all getting and email or a phone call as well?

Do you think we will be getting an alternate update email today?

Just got an OOS waitlist rank update. Moved up over 20 spots! There’s still hope :)

Moved to #23 on the OOS list!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got pulled off the waitlist, how many days are you given to accept/decline?

I’m OOS and from #42 to 18! That's crazy

I got an IS acceptance off the waitlist today!!! I was originally #14 on the IS waitlist. I got the call at 10:30 AM today!! Yes, they send you an email as well as we have two days to respond.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I appreciate how rapidly this will hopefully move given only two days to accept/deny

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm wondering if I should hold out more hope for an OOS #18, my house expires in June and I don't really know where I'm moving to

I'm wondering if I should hold out more hope for an OOS #18, my house expires in June and I don't really know where I'm moving to

I would hold out hope for now! #18 is fairly high up so I think you have a chance of being pulled :)

Hopefully there will be a big jump today since most people called off on Monday have 2 days to respond!

I got an IS acceptance off the waitlist today!!! I was originally #14 on the IS waitlist. I got the call at 10:30 AM today!! Yes, they send you an email as well as we have two days to respond.
congrats!!!

Congrats to those on the waitlist offered a spot!
Anyone know if the IS waitlist usually moves after the decision deadline passes? I’m now number 5 as of April 17th and unsure if there will be any chance.

For first year vet students coming this fall, what are your summer plans? Are you working full time, part time, not at all? Or does anyone plan on working very part time during school?