University of Missouri c/o 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My wife and I could host a couple people (including guys). In fact, we think it would be kind of fun.

Members don't see this ad.

I never got a rejection email... And have not heard from admissions

I never got a rejection email... And have not heard from admissions

I have a friend that was in the same situation. She called and they told her she was on a waitlist for an interview. So if someone turned one down she may get one. It sounds like you may be too since you didn't get a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife and I could host a couple people (including guys). In fact, we think it would be kind of fun.
Thanks for all the offer guys, you are all the best! Ill message some of you once I get things figured out on my end =)

So I'm an in-state applicant, and I got a letter about three weeks ago saying I'd need to verify my Missouri residency. That shouldn't be a problem for me, but I emailed both Kathy Seay and the residency office on the 3rd to see what kind of documentation they needed, since I wasn't sure which office to ask. I heard back from Kathy almost immediately just saying that I'd need to ask the residency office, but never heard back from them. I tried emailing them again on the 8th just in case it hadn't gone through the first time, and still haven't heard anything. I'm not too concerned just yet as the deadline to get verification to them isn't until February 1st, but I'm wondering if it's normal for that office to be this slow in responding. Did anyone else get the same letter, or just have any advice?

Its only a few weeks until my interview and I am getting nervous. How do I need to prepare? Any advice?

I think I might have had just one ethical/behavioral question 'What would you do in this situation...' Other than that, they asked me about my application- my experiences, personal statement, etc. I really enjoyed it and it went by quick in that 15 minutes!! Just know your application inside and out! I was specifically asked about my Lyme disease project I did for my capstone. One interviewer asked me if I knew where they came up with the name of Lyme disease and where it had originated. I knew one answer but not the other- and was honest about it. So if you don't know something, just say so!

I have my interview on 1/4 and I am super excited!! I've read all of the posts on here, and if any other current students have any other advice for the interview, I'd love to hear it! Just trying to prepare the best that I can!

Plane tickets are so expensive! :( :eek: almost a thousand bucks... The cheapest is if I fly to st. Louis but I'll still have to rent a car and drive an hour and a half to columbus. Are there any other alternatives?

Kansas city is about 2 hours away. The only other alternative is to fly directly into Columbia, which is very expensive (but I did that option). I am still under 25 so renting a car and driving would have been pricey, too. I think the whole trip for me cost about $750 for flight, food, hotel, and taxi.

There is a service called MO-x that will drive you to/from the Kansas City or St. Louis airports too. Not sure on prices, but it's another option where you don't have to rent a car or drive.

There is a service called MO-x that will drive you to/from the Kansas City or St. Louis airports too. Not sure on prices, but it's another option where you don't have to rent a car or drive.

MOX is around $50 each way I think. It actually isn't too expensive to rent a car and you should be able to as long as you're over 21. I did that and it only cost me an extra $10 since I was under 25. I think I paid maybe $30/day to rent through enterprise. I usually come and go from St. Louis even now because I can't fly to and from home through Columbia. It's a super easy drive from St. Louis to Columbia so the hour and a half is no big deal.

Thanks guys! I think I might rent a car if it's that cheap. And if someone wants to host me, then that would be awesome! haha (I'm a guy)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! I think I might rent a car if it's that cheap. And if someone wants to host me, then that would be awesome! haha (I'm a guy)
I am flying into St. Louis and already have my car booked through enterprise (I think it was $20 for being under 25, and around $100 in total for the two days), it ended being up cheaper than flying to Columbia and now I will have a car and don't have to worry about transportation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Eeeeek I'm getting nervous/excited even if it's still 2 weeks away! :eek:

I am flying into St. Louis and already have my car booked through enterprise (I think it was $20 for being under 25, and around $100 in total for the two days), it ended being up cheaper than flying to Columbia and now I will have a car and don't have to worry about transportation.
Fun fact. If you are a USAA member (google it, its a military bank but you don't have to be associated with the military) you get discounts and don't have to pay the underage driver fee. Seems sketchy but its legit and saved me ~$30.

do you guys know where the thread with interview questions is? I can't seem to find it… i found one but it just opens up a tab that says error. thanks in advance!

I know it's a stretch, but does anyone happen to have an interview at Kansas state the same weekend? I have an interview at k state on Saturday 1/4 and Missouri on Sunday 1/5. I'm thinking of renting a car in St. Louis on Friday and driving to both, returning it on Sunday evening. Anyone in the same boat interested in splitting the cost of a rental car?

Okay, I've decided to cancel my Kansas State interview, since I've gotten accepted to another school I would prefer. So I will be flying into St. Louis on Saturday 1/4 for the interview on 1/5. Anyone else in the same boat interested in splitting the price of a car rental? Message me!

Last edited:
So excited for next week!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
We send our fall grades to VMCAS right?

Edit: Nevermind found my answer :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to seeing some of you next week (even though I won't know you if I do). :) Who all has a interview on the 4th?

I am looking forward to seeing some of you next week (even though I won't know you if I do). :) Who all has a interview on the 4th?

I will be there on the 4th!

My interview is also on Saturday the 4th. I'm flying out on Friday and leaving Sunday.

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this BUT. I am flying in to Kansas City from MD on the 10th around 2 pm. My parents are actually driving from CO, picking me up at the airport and going to Columbia, aiming to get there that evening. My interview is on Saturday. Potentially we could give someone else a lift from the airport, though you would be on your own once in Columbia (I was told there was pretty decent public transit though). We are driving back from MO to CO, starting on Saturday evening, and will be overnighting in Salina, KS on the 11th. If that sounds like it could help you out, shoot me a message and we can chat. Just thought I would offer since I know rental cars and everything else are expensive!!

If anyone is having weather/travel issues, don't panic. Email Kathy Seay ([email protected]) or call (573) 884-3341. We have been re-arranging lots of interview times due to canceled flights. LB

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately my flight has been cancelled so I wont be able to help with OOS interviews this weekend :( Good luck everyone!! Make sure you review your app and PS. And just be confident! You Got this!

Unfortunately my flight has been cancelled so I wont be able to help with OOS interviews this weekend :( Good luck everyone!! Make sure you review your app and PS. And just be confident! You Got this!
Would you mind being a bit more specific as to what you mean when you said review our apps and personal statement?

So upset my flight was cancelled and my interview is tomorrow. Trying to reschedule for next weekend but it is supposed to snow next week again. Don't know what do at this point. :cryi:

I've been stuck at Baltimore and now JFK for the past 8 hours and two more hours until my flight to st. Louis. All by myself. Bored. Tired. :( this sucks!

I've been stuck at Baltimore and now JFK for the past 8 hours and two more hours until my flight to st. Louis. All by myself. Bored. Tired. :( this sucks!
I have a bunch of friends who were stuck in JFK last night for several hours (my marching band is on 8 diff flights to spain) and eventually they boarded as they were de-icing the plane, so flights can make it out! Good luck!

I hope people make it to (or reschedule) their interviews with relatively little stress! And good luck to those interviewing this weekend! You'll have to let all of us interviewing next weekend know how it was

Would you mind being a bit more specific as to what you mean when you said review our apps and personal statement?

I think what she is getting at is just review what you wrote. My interviewers asked me tons of questions about what I considered the least significant aspect of my application, and then asked one question about a ton of experience that spanned 5 years and I received a scholarship and several awards for. It's hard to know what they will focus on, but reviewing it (and asking yourself a ton of questions in preparation) will help prevent any surprises like, "Oh, they really want to know about that and I don't know what else to say!" during the interview.

I will be at lunch on Sat and Sun for the panel of current students. Feel free to chat with us and ask any questions you may have!

Just wanted to post again if anyone is still looking for a place to stay- we can host! I know some of you are getting your interviews rescheduled. Just pm me!
I just got back into town this afternoon. All is fine here (for the moment) but we've got some more snow coming our way.

Good luck everyone!! I hope everyone can get their flights worked out.
I had my interview today and everyone is very welcoming and friendly and the facilities are awesome!
My interview was very relaxed-- it felt more like a conversation than it did an interview.
Most questions were about my app but they also asked questions like where will I be in 10 years, what's my fave part about vet med, etc.

Hope this helps! :luck:

Reactions: 2 users
Glad that it went well, Wild! Best of success at Mizzou this weekend, everyone! I'm rooting for you all! Can't wait to see a bunch of 'accepted applicants' under the Mizzou byline in just a few weeks. Good luck :luck::xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! FYI I cancelled my interview invite since I was accepted to another school, so hopefully someone who didn't get an interview invite before will get one!!

I could finally get to st louis, after four flights and a wonderful stay at the JFK airport. -.- but they left my bag in NY and they're doing their best to bring it to me. If not, I'll interview with half my suit. Getting here was one of the most frustrating situations i've ever been in.

I was there for a few hours this evening but will be there from about 8-2:30 tomorrow. Very excited to meet everyone!! Had a lot of fun today!

For anyone who hasn't interviewed yet, I had mine today and just wanted to say it was a great experience. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. The student ambassadors were fantastic and were there to answer questions throughout the day. The interview committee was also very nice and my interview ended up being really conversational. So try not to stress too much.

Good luck and be safe if you're traveling!...(I'm still not sure how I'm flying into Detroit, yet alone home, with this second round of snow).

Reactions: 1 users
I just interviewed at Missouri today and had a wonderful experience! I left feeling super welcomed and so glad I got the chance to see the school. The interviewers were super friendly, very easy going, and asked very fair questions, so definitely don't stress :D I know, easier said than done ;) Hopefully everyone makes it! They seemed super easy going about people coming in later then their scheduled dates due to weather, so I wouldn't fret too much :thumbup:

So is there a way to access our supplementals now? I totally forgot to save a copy and completely forget what they asked....

My interview this weekend went great!! I love the school and the staff. Hopefully, I get good news from them. :) We did run into bad weather on our 6 hour which was extremely scary.

Had a lot of fun helping out this weekend!! Sorry for the terrible weather. I hope next weekend is better, weather-wise, for everyone! Should just be a few weeks that you all will hear back!! My letter came January 28th last year- so once Kathy has all fall grades and GRE scores in, she will send them out!

Who has interviews this coming weekend?? Me, Rainheart and our group of friends will all be there to help!!

Also, for those that have already interviewed, Dont forget to fill out the SDN interview survey thing so that people in the future will have current info to prep for their interview!

Who has interviews this coming weekend?? Me, Rainheart and our group of friends will all be there to help!!

Also, for those that have already interviewed, Dont forget to fill out the SDN interview survey thing so that people in the future will have current info to prep for their interview!

It's only been 4 days since my interview and I'm already tired of waiting. :) I'm just curious how many people usually get wait-listed?

Reactions: 1 users