University of Missouri c/o 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with Admissions at another school yesterday who said they were "downloading from VMCAS" again today, so apparently the transcript verification thing is still ongoing and may account for layered invites this year? When did you submit your VMCAS, DoctorToby?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
AHHHH invites came out so early!!!!!!! Im so excited for you guys! If you have any questions feel free to contact me as well! Im not on SDN as much anymore now that school has started but I am willing to trade emails, or you can friend me on FB. I also, similar to Rainheart, love Mizzou and cant imagine being anywhere else. I am one of the Ambassadors for the school so I will be helping with OOS interviews - tours and the Q/A sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Yaaaaaaay!!!!

I got my OOS interview invite yesterday as well!! I was so surprised! There may be multiple batches of emails sent out so those of you you haven't heard anything yet, don't lose hope! I scheduled my interview for Saturday 1/4 so I'm sure I'll have a chance to meet you Kpowell14! I'm also an ambassador at my undergrad school and absolutely love it. :)

I sent in my VMCAS around September 1st. Thanks for checking ChittyBang! I appreciate the info!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I will hold onto to a little hope then :oops:

Reactions: 1 users
Well, so far there's no definitive evidence that Mizzou is sending out more than one wave of invites, so I'm not going to get my hopes up :)

I got my OOS interview invite yesterday as well!! I was so surprised! There may be multiple batches of emails sent out so those of you you haven't heard anything yet, don't lose hope! I scheduled my interview for Saturday 1/4 so I'm sure I'll have a chance to meet you Kpowell14! I'm also an ambassador at my undergrad school and absolutely love it. :)

That is when I planned mine! We should definitely all meet up. And to anyone who is still waiting, praying you guys will get some since these were so early! :)

Just scheduled my interview for 1/12! Anyone else interviewing that day?

Me me! Just booked my flight and everything.. man o man!
Heck yeah! We should totally meet up/say hi!

Also oh man, you are on top of it! I have barely looked at flights...

Last edited:
So sorry, guys :( I'm sending you hugs...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry guys, would have loved to meet all of you and have you in the class under us next year. Still rooting for you all, though!

Rejected. Congrats to everyone who received interviews. I'll be rooting for you come January!!

I scheduled my interview for 1/5 at 1:00 pm... Right after lunch so they aren't grumpy, haha. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I received an interview also and scheduled mine for 1/4 at 1:00. Congrats to everyone who received interviews and if you didn't, please do not get discouraged!!! You are awesome!! Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. Congrats to everyone who received interviews. I'll be rooting for you come January!!
I'm very sorry everyone! :(:( I hope you hear some better news from another school soon!

I'm a bit disappointed in Mizzou. I contacted Kathy Seay from admissions yesterday and she informed me that there are no 'file reviews' for those candidates who were not offered an interview. That makes it tough for those of us who would like to apply next year and improve our applications. For those of you who are curious, I did receive this information from her:

"We had over 900 applications with only sixty open seats. The Admissions Committee starts reviews for academic credentials. A competitive applicant would have an average cum GPA of 3.60 - 3.70, a GPA for last three fulltime semesters the same, 3.70 and average courseload of undergraduate years of 15.5 hours. They review then for a students experience with Veterinarians looking first at those with companion animal (cat/dog), farm animal and equine exposure. Moving on they read hundreds of personal statements and evaluations sent in support of each applicant. They look for communication skills and try to asses the strength of each applicant as possible.

Having only sixty seats to fill, they choose around 200 of the 900 applications to invite to come for a personal interview."

As for getting specific input on your particular application, I'm afraid you're out of luck, fellow rejected applicants to Mizzou. I'm very disappointed. Again, congrats to those who have upcoming interviews. Best of success! For my fellow SDN friends who weren't so fortunate, keep the faith. It only takes one YES :)

I'm a bit disappointed in Mizzou. I contacted Kathy Seay from admissions yesterday and she informed me that there are no 'file reviews' for those candidates who were not offered an interview. That makes it tough for those of us who would like to apply next year and improve our applications. For those of you who are curious, I did receive this information from her:

"We had over 900 applications with only sixty open seats. The Admissions Committee starts reviews for academic credentials. A competitive applicant would have an average cum GPA of 3.60 - 3.70, a GPA for last three fulltime semesters the same, 3.70 and average courseload of undergraduate years of 15.5 hours. They review then for a students experience with Veterinarians looking first at those with companion animal (cat/dog), farm animal and equine exposure. Moving on they read hundreds of personal statements and evaluations sent in support of each applicant. They look for communication skills and try to asses the strength of each applicant as possible.

Having only sixty seats to fill, they choose around 200 of the 900 applications to invite to come for a personal interview."

As for getting specific input on your particular application, I'm afraid you're out of luck, fellow rejected applicants to Mizzou. I'm very disappointed. Again, congrats to those who have upcoming interviews. Best of success! For my fellow SDN friends who weren't so fortunate, keep the faith. It only takes one YES :)

That really sux that they won't personalize your review! Wow. So sorry :confused:

I very badly wanted to apply to Mizzou, and this is exactly why I didn't - they start with numbers. I spoke with Kathy earlier this year and instantly knew it was a "no go" even though my numbers are from a past life :(

Thanks for the info, Lab Vet! Best of luck to you guys with interviews in January! Hopefully the rest of us also get some good news soon :)

Soooo, for those of us who got neither an interview or rejection email? Does that mean they might be doing multiple rounds of interview emails perhaps?

@dydrmr01, maybe you should give them a call? It never hurts to ask. Is it possible your email may not have been correct?

Did anyone else schedule for 1/11? I went for the 2:15 time slot. Scheduled my flight as well! Both terrified and excited.

@dydrmr01, maybe you should give them a call? It never hurts to ask. Is it possible your email may not have been correct?

Did anyone else schedule for 1/11? I went for the 2:15 time slot. Scheduled my flight as well! Both terrified and excited.
Congrats on your interview! I saw your post on VMRCVM- I also interviewed there (that was my in-state) but got wait-listed. I was not a fan of the MMIs. I'd love to have someone close from home come to Missouri next year!!

I checked my contact info on my application and it is in fact correct. Guess I'll just wait and see if I get anything next week . . . .

I checked my contact info on my application and it is in fact correct. Guess I'll just wait and see if I get anything next week . . . .

You're not alone, someone I know from OOS hasn't heard anything either. Here's hoping you will hear back soon with some good news :)

Have you both checked your spam box? I remember someone last year who had their message in the spam box and not the normal inbox!

My friend from OOS contacted Kathy from admissions today. She said that there were several applicants kept back that the ad com would like to interview if there was enough room, but they won't know until closer to Dec 2 (The deadline for interviewers to accept). So there's still hope! :) :luck:

My friend from OOS contacted Kathy from admissions today. She said that there were several applicants kept back that the ad com would like to interview if there was enough room, but they won't know until closer to Dec 2 (The deadline for interviewers to accept). So there's still hope! :) :luck:

thanks for the update. Guess this means we've got to wait and hope some people don't go to the interview :)

I'm a little worried about this 15 minute interview. My stats aren't good enough to guarantee me anything and I would like to prove myself but I'm not sure how I can in 15 minutes!!

The best advice I can give for the interview is be yourself!! Know your application inside and out- that is what I was mostly asked about. Also, be sure to bring up anything new you've been doing since you submitted your VMCAS! I found the interview to be very relaxed- and if they ask you a question and you don't know the answer, be honest about it! Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
The best advice I can give for the interview is be yourself!! Know your application inside and out- that is what I was mostly asked about. Also, be sure to bring up anything new you've been doing since you submitted your VMCAS! I found the interview to be very relaxed- and if they ask you a question and you don't know the answer, be honest about it! Best of luck!

Thanks for the info, Rainheart! Makes me feel a lot better :thumbup:

Scheduled my interview for 1/11!! :soexcited: Just interviewed at Western a couple weeks ago so very curious as to what Missouri is like!

Feel free to pm me with any questions- I've already talked to a few of you guys! Congrats again on the invites, I'll see you all here for the interviews!

Feel free to pm me with questions too. This week will be good because I'm far less miserable than normal so I might actually have an objective perspective.

Finally booked my flight! I also reserved my rental car (I'm flying in to STL) and hotel room and bought a suit. I'm super excited!!!

yay bought my suit too! Anyone have an interview 1/3? Or will any 2017ers be there that day? :cool:

yay bought my suit too! Anyone have an interview 1/3? Or will any 2017ers be there that day? :cool:

Good luck! I won't be back that day, I'll most likely be driving from home. I hope you enjoy your visit!

I'll be around every day this year (again)! It's one of my favorite times of year!

Hey guys! I'm new to SDN, but I'm excited to interview at O of MO CVM on 1/5!! :)

*Finally** booked my hotel and flight! So excited! Interviewing on Saturday the 4th :)

Long time no post. Congrats to those with interviews. I can try to help also if anyone needs it. I'm sure you all know about the interview process by this point. Good luck! But remember the interview is the easy part, as I'm sure wildcatj, kpow, and rainheart will attest to ;)

Does Missouri offer setting you up to stay with students like Tufts and Ohio does? I would love to talk to some current students and am kind of terrified by the number in my bank account right now so not spending money on a hotel would be nice!

Does Missouri offer setting you up to stay with students like Tufts and Ohio does? I would love to talk to some current students and am kind of terrified by the number in my bank account right now so not spending money on a hotel would be nice!

It's not typical, but I've seen it happen. I'm sending you a message though!

Talked with my roomies, and we are all alright to host some of you guys if you need a place to stay! Just send me or KPowell a pm. (And sorry to any of the guys out there, but we are only comfortable hosting women).