University of Toledo 2014-2015 MSBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right! Give us some actual details. I might have to write some emails as well. Good luck!
Just sent another email asking specifics. I'll let you know what she says.

A few months ago she kind of danced around answering the question. But I don't want to waste my time, money and hope on this program if they'd never look at my application anyway. How can they not? So many people are taking the new MCAT, especially because some medical schools are requiring 2015 MCAT for applicants starting next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree! My thing is, please just let us know. I can understand that the new mcat is throwing a monkey wrench into things but we need some specifics not this "it would be your choice to apply" stuff.

I am holding on to my optimism.

And thanks for letting me know of any specifics. I will definitely do the same. It really looks like an awesome program - challenging but the opportunity to have 2 of the first- year medical classes done is priceless. Based on previous threads, people seem happy with their decision to attend.
Also prometric testing center on campus?! Oh my, see my hopes are all up!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
@FaithE7 hahahah you and me both, but good news! She responded with this:

"They do consider newly completed applications as we receive word they are completed. They do consider applications that are considered complete even after the deadline. That’s why it is important for your application to be considered complete. "

I emailed her back and told her she made my day! hahaha -- there's still hope for us!

Well Alright then!!!! That is good to hear.

@FaithE7 check out Temple's ACMS postbacc if you haven't already. Theirs is an even better deal (no MCAT required for admissions), but is more expensive. If admitted, as long as you take the MCAT and get above 70th percentile by the end of the program and maintain a 3.5 in the program, you're guaranteed acceptance into Temple's MD.

I'm applying to Temple as well, along with a few others.

Last edited:
@FaithE7 hahahah you and me both, but good news! She responded with this:

"They do consider newly completed applications as we receive word they are completed. They do consider applications that are considered complete even after the deadline. That’s why it is important for your application to be considered complete. "

I emailed her back and told her she made my day! hahaha -- there's still hope for us!
Yes, there is still hope. I wrote an email to ask about the new mcat score reporting date. She said that the applications will be looked at as soon as they receive word from the College of Grad Studies that our applications are complete. Fingers crossed!

For those of you who went through this program last year, what did you think of it? Is this program more or less an SMP? What type of stats got you in this?

I thought the average MCAT for the MSBS is like a 28

Accepted into the MSBS program today
Really?! Oh my gosh, congrats!!!! They're making decisions already? Katie Secory told me they were just reviewing applications this week??? They'd make decisions by mid june..

I received an email saying I'm in. My application was just deemed complete on Friday..so I'm not sure.

I received an email saying I'm in. My application was just deemed complete on Friday..so I'm not sure.
Well that is awesome!! Congratulations!!!! My friend is in the program now and he absolutely loves it!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you do not mind, would you tell us some of the verbiage on this acceptance email? Not to be rude but, this seems entirely too early for an acceptance.

If you do not mind, would you tell us some of the verbiage on this acceptance email? Not to be rude but, this seems entirely too early for an acceptance.

"Thank you for applying for graduate studies at The University of Toledo. It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been admitted for the Fall 2015 (August) semester! Your official admissions letter is forthcoming, but I would like to take this time to get you started in the right direction. Your rocket number (student ID is.."

Reactions: 1 users
"Graduate Orientation:
  • Please stay tuned for more information that will be sent via email or visit the orientation website at the end of June: http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/orientation/orientation1.html
  • All graduate students beginning a degree program at The University of Toledo are required to fulfill the graduate orientation requirements.

MyUT Web Portal/Registration:

• All new graduate students should set up their MyUT account by visiting http://myutaccount.utoledo.edu. Once your account has been set up, you may visit http://myut.utoledo.edu to search and register for courses on the "student" tab of the portal. For guidance on which courses to register for, please contact your program office. International students will not be able to register until after International Student Orientation/Check-In.
  • To obtain your student ID (Rocket Card), please visit the "Graduate" tab on the MyUT portal. Click "Request New/Replacement Rocket Card" in the "New Student Information" box.

Parking:

For more information on The University of Toledo, you may visit the College of Graduate Studies website (http://utoledo.edu/graduate) or the main University of Toledo website (http://www.utoledo.edu). If your plans have changed and you will not be attending The University of Toledo, please inform us by responding to this email.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be happy to assist you. I congratulate you on your admission and hope to see you on campus soon!
Sincerely,
The Graduate Admissions Team
College of Graduate Studies
The University of Toledo

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for posting this janebear1! Yeah, I called Katie, the program assistant, and apparently their goal this year is to finalize the class a lot earlier. A few people will be hearing back this week, most people will be notified over the next couple of weeks, and everyone by the end of June. This is a lot better than the last couple of years where decisions dragged on through the end of July.

Hey janebear1 would you mind posting your stats?

Has anyone else been accepted into this program yet?