artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys! This school is my top choice! I was an early applicant and was wondering if should I sent a letter of intent or an update soon or should I wait?
Thank you guys!!! I am also a California applicant

Hey Guys! This school is my top choice! I was an early applicant and was wondering if should I sent a letter of intent or an update soon or should I wait?
Thank you guys!!! I am also a California applicant
I do not currently attend UW, but I did interview with them last cycle (TX resident - currently attending a TX school). I would say it is too early to send any letters of intent or updates. Worry about that if you haven't heard anything from them around January. For reference, I interviewed with them at the end of October.

I do not currently attend UW, but I did interview with them last cycle (TX resident - currently attending a TX school). I would say it is too early to send any letters of intent or updates. Worry about that if you haven't heard anything from them around January. For reference, I interviewed with them at the end of October.
Thank you ! What were your stats if you do not mind me asking...just for reference so I can compare to see if I have a chance!!

Has anyone done the Kira assessment yet? Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

Just got my interview invitation today! Now to google what Kira is...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what kind of questions is being asked in Kira assessment?

Just got an interview invitation today. Based on the email, it seems like the Kira assessment is also replacing virtual person-to-person interviews which is a shame. Stats are 3.3 GPA; 3.2 sGPA; 23 AA 23 PAT; WA resident.

Just got an interview invitation today. Based on the email, it seems like the Kira assessment is also replacing virtual person-to-person interviews which is a shame. Stats are 3.3 GPA; 3.2 sGPA; 23 AA 23 PAT; WA resident.
Yea :/. I just got an invite today too

Has anyone taken the assessment and know how long it was? In the preview video, it said it was up to two hours, but I just wanted to know if that was the actual case.

Has anyone taken the assessment and know how long it was? In the preview video, it said it was up to two hours, but I just wanted to know if that was the actual case.
It could take that long depending on the time you decide to take in between questions. But I finished mine in about an hour.

Are the Kira Assessment questions like more general or specific? As in, are the questions meant to help the admissions committee learn about you/your personality, or are they kind of like MMI questions?

Got an Kira interview invite on 10/12!! Did anyone else get a separate email telling you to send in an email stating your intention to interview and to mail in 100$ though?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a reply from Memory Brock, the one who we had to send the email reply with our intent to finish Kira? I was half expecting a generic ‘thank you’ email and ‘we will move your application forward’.

Did anyone get a reply from Memory Brock, the one who we had to send the email reply with our intent to finish Kira? I was half expecting a generic ‘thank you’ email and ‘we will move your application forward’.
Nope, no email but I was sent the Kira Assessment shortly after. How did anyone reply to the invite for the information session? I directly replied to the email saying which date I wanted but now I'm wondering if I should've emailed Memory instead...

Nope, no email but I was sent the Kira Assessment shortly after. How did anyone reply to the invite for the information session? I directly replied to the email saying which date I wanted but now I'm wondering if I should've emailed Memory instead...
I received a reply from Memory regarding intent to complete Kira, but never received a reply after indicating which session to attend

Has anyone recently gotten any issues accessing the Kira Talent Assessment? I was logging on to take it right now but the link stopped working. I just reached out to Memory about the issue.

Has anyone recently gotten any issues accessing the Kira Talent Assessment? I was logging on to take it right now but the link stopped working. I just reached out to Memory about the issue.
I also have this issue. I believe the problem might be on Kira's end as I got a reply to a support email saying they are investigating similar reports of applicants not being able to access their assessment.

I'm having the same issue. I just email Memory and she said it would be fixed soon and we will be given a time to complete it as soon as it is fixed.

I received a reply from Memory regarding intent to complete Kira, but never received a reply after indicating which session to attend
I just got an email about the RIDE application but I never got a reply about an information session. I talked to some others and some got all the emails whereas some got one or none. I’ll assume they are just back logged on emails hence why there is some inconsistency.

My invitation link also malfunctioned, Kira's tech support came to the rescue pretty quickly! Melanie at [email protected] helped me!

I did my interview recently, it was definitely weird to speak and stare at the camera instead of people but overall I thought the questions were very easy to answer. My only advice is to take your time and enunciate. I made the mistake of speaking too fast and using distracting filler words due to nervousness. Eventhough I practiced a lot before the recording, my voice cracked a few times and sounded like I was on the verge of crying. In one of my answers, I ended it with um, yeah. I feel like based on the questions asked, sorry I cannot disclose, they really want to see your authentic self and what is true to your heart. I hope you all do well on your interview! UW is definitely my top choice because of RIDE. Best of luck of all of us, December 1st can't come soon enough! Lastly I just want to add that Memory is such a cool name lol.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got the informal session email, did Memory reply back to you guys? I replied directly to the email she sent me but haven't heard anything back yet.

For those who got the informal session email, did Memory reply back to you guys? I replied directly to the email she sent me but haven't heard anything back yet.
I didn’t get a response either.

Will the admissions committee not look at your interview/application until you mail the $100 to them?

Did anyone get a verification email saying that they received the $100? I sent it a while back and have not heard anything.

Has anyone gotten the zoom link for the November 9th information session yet?

For anyone doing the info session in person, is the link to the map broken? Every time I select it, I am redirected to an error message.

For anyone doing the info session in person, is the link to the map broken? Every time I select it, I am redirected to an error message.

I am not attending it in person but the link doesn't work for me either. Maybe you can Google UW Turner Auditorium map

Anyone's status changes on AADSAS? Mine still says "Invited for Interview"

Is there a set preparation time for each question on Kira Assessment? It seems to be only an hour long, but can take up to 2 hours.

Are the Kira Assessment questions like more general or specific? As in, are the questions meant to help the admissions committee learn about you/your personality, or are they kind of like MMI questions?
Personality and character

Hey guys when you sent the $100 assessment fee what information did you guys add so they knew it was from you?

When you sent the $100 fee what info did you include so that they knew it was from you specifically?
I included my CAS ID number as well since I have a pretty common first and last name. Additionally, I just emailed Memory and if you haven't received any confirmation email about UWSOD getting your $100 check then don't worry since it doesn't impact the status of your app. I sent my check over a month ago and got nothing. Most of the admissions staff is working away from the office and it sounded like they were very back logged on it.

I included my CAS ID number as well since I have a pretty common first and last name. Additionally, I just emailed Memory and if you haven't received any confirmation email about UWSOD getting your $100 check then don't worry since it doesn't impact the status of your app. I sent my check over a month ago and got nothing. Most of the admissions staff is working away from the office and it sounded like they were very back logged on it.
Did they not encash your $100 check?