UNLV waitlist, anyone...anyone?

ddapra1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here is one of the 10 people on UNLV SDM's wait list.

Members don't see this ad.

Was the decision made on the wait list ?
Did you get a call from them ?

I called yesterday to check on my decision and they told me I was amongst the 10 on the list. They had sent out a handful of acceptances on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called yesterday to check on my decision and they told me I was amongst the 10 on the list. They had sent out a handful of acceptances on Monday.

Congratulation ....
From previous cycles, do you know how hopeful is the wait list at UNLV ?
Does it move at all ?

I'm not sure how quickly the list moves, I think it varies from year to year. I'm sure they accept at least a couple from the wait list. I wish I knew more.

Congratulation ....
From previous cycles, do you know how hopeful is the wait list at UNLV ?
Does it move at all ?

Last year they had a waitlist of 25 and 20 got in. At least that's what I wrote down during Ancajas' PP presentation.

Last year they had a waitlist of 25 and 20 got in. At least that's what I wrote down during Ancajas' PP presentation.

Anyone else get a letter talking about the financial situation of UNLV recently? Something about 2.9 million dollar cuts, and tuition increase?

I interviewed there in November, but I never got any word back on how I did. Did everyone get a letter? Did people on waitlist get one? Did people that have no action get one? Did anyone with rejections get one?

Thanks! I'm just trying to satisfy my curiousity:)

Yea, I received that letter talking about budget cuts and I also received an official wait list letter in the mail today. I have to sign it and send it back to indicate I still want to remain on the list.

You interviewed at UNLV on Feb. 25th, yes? Interesting to hear that they accepted the majority of their wait list. Are you in state or out of state?

Anyone else get a letter talking about the financial situation of UNLV recently? Something about 2.9 million dollar cuts, and tuition increase?

I interviewed there in November, but I never got any word back on how I did. Did everyone get a letter? Did people on waitlist get one? Did people that have no action get one? Did anyone with rejections get one?

Thanks! I'm just trying to satisfy my curiousity:)

Yea, I received that letter talking about budget cuts and I also received an official wait list letter in the mail today. I have to sign it and send it back to indicate I still want to remain on the list.

Thanks for the info. I also remember she talked about the wait list and ... but for the life of me, can not remember the specific numbers.

I really hope that you are correct. It is interesting though they reduced the numbers to 10 from 25 !!

I called them on Monday and Vicky said they confirmed 72 people and send 10 acceptance on Monday

I actually interviewed 1/14 as an OOS. With that letter they just sent about the budget cuts and potential tuition increases, maybe the waitlist will move quickly this year. I didn't get a waitlist letter; I'll be grateful for my one acceptance at a different school and stop worrying about getting in at UNLV.

You interviewed at UNLV on Feb. 25th, yes? Interesting to hear that they accepted the majority of their wait list. Are you in state or out of state?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed February 25th and I haven't heard anything. Has anyone that interviewed that day heard anything back?

I called them on Monday and Vicky said they confirmed 72 people and send 10 acceptance on Monday
wow, 72 confirmed and 10 more acceptance offer !! so I guess this wait list is such a long shot after all.

I actually interviewed 1/14 as an OOS. With that letter they just sent about the budget cuts and potential tuition increases, maybe the waitlist will move quickly this year. I didn't get a waitlist letter; I'll be grateful for my one acceptance at a different school and stop worrying about getting in at UNLV.

They sent a letter to accepted/enrolled people as well. In this letter Dean West stated that a 3% tuition increase has already been approved for the next two FY. That actually puts me much more at ease, I was afraid we would be looking at double digit % increases each year for the next 4 years. Things could change though based on the legislature's final cuts. But based on the 2.9 million current number for the dental school, it looks like the 3% increase is part of that.

I interviewed there in November, but I never got any word back on how I did.

Ditto. Got that letter as well. They never told me how I did though...

They sent a letter to accepted/enrolled people as well. In this letter Dean West stated that a 3% tuition increase has already been approved for the next two FY. That actually puts me much more at ease, I was afraid we would be looking at double digit % increases each year for the next 4 years. Things could change though based on the legislature's final cuts. But based on the 2.9 million current number for the dental school, it looks like the 3% increase is part of that.

Hi, as a student at UNLV SDM I can tell you that 3% is total BS. Tuition has raised about 20K for instate in the past 2 years. They haven't been very good about keeping us informed about the tuition increases either. In fact, most of my class found out only as a result of the dramatic increase in our student loan funds. (87 K /year for instate including living)

on a side note... they kicked out 7 people from our class after 1 year. do the math

55 K x 7 people x 3 years missed tuition = over 1.1 million in lost tuition

The entire faculty had a meeting about 2 weeks ago regarding the funding situation and student were not involved. Some of our professors were kind enough to share with us what had been discussed. Essentially, we are to expect tuition increases the faculty will have pay cuts. It was said that UNLV should have the funding covered for the current classes and the new incoming class of 2015 however, after that it is anyone guess about the state funding. Apparently there was also some talk of the school going private at some point, which may not be a bad thing.

All in all, I have been happy with the school but I would not recommend coming here if you have a more solid option.

Hi, as a student at UNLV SDM I can tell you that 3% is total BS. Tuition has raised about 20K for instate in the past 2 years. They haven't been very good about keeping us informed about the tuition increases either. In fact, most of my class found out only as a result of the dramatic increase in our student loan funds. (87 K /year for instate including living)

on a side note... they kicked out 7 people from our class after 1 year. do the math

55 K x 7 people x 3 years missed tuition = over 1.1 million in lost tuition

The entire faculty had a meeting about 2 weeks ago regarding the funding situation and student were not involved. Some of our professors were kind enough to share with us what had been discussed. Essentially, we are to expect tuition increases the faculty will have pay cuts. It was said that UNLV should have the funding covered for the current classes and the new incoming class of 2015 however, after that it is anyone guess about the state funding. Apparently there was also some talk of the school going private at some point, which may not be a bad thing.

All in all, I have been happy with the school but I would not recommend coming here if you have a more solid option.

Tuition was $31k in 2006-2007. 2010-2011 it's $45k. Nice try.

wasn't tuition originally 15k when the school opened less than 10 years ago? and now tuition is basically 46k? With the school declaring extingency and having to absorb a 2.9 million dollar budget cut, it certainly will not be a stable condition. It is an amazing school though, too bad Nevada's economy is so bad.

Tuition was $31k in 2006-2007. 2010-2011 it's $45k. Nice try.

Total cost of attendence for 2010-2011

In State:

OOS:

Source: UNLV interview packet. With tuition increases, the total price is going to be as expensive as a private institution.

Total cost of attendence for 2010-2011

In State:

OOS:

Source: UNLV interview packet. With tuition increases, the total price is going to be as expensive as a private institution.

I wasn't aware tuition = total cost of attendance

News to me...

Does anybody know that the admission committee is still considering the early inteveiwees (pre-december) for a final round?

Does anybody know that the admission committee is still considering the early inteveiwees (pre-december) for a final round?

I don't think so. I think they have sent out all their offers and also the letters for the wait list. If you have not received anything , then I guess they did not choose you.

Has anyone from January interview batch heard anything yet? Did you get acceptance or waitlist? I am really tempted to call them again. =/

Has anyone from January interview batch heard anything yet? Did you get acceptance or waitlist? I am really tempted to call them again. =/

Hey, I interviewed around the end of January. They said I could call back the week following their Feb. 24th adcom meeting, and when I did, they said that "my name was not on the list" meaning I wasn't selected for admission. And I was told to wait till April and see what happens cuz I am eligible for the waitlist. But I haven't heard anything about that either, so idk what position I'm in.

Hey, I interviewed around the end of January. They said I could call back the week following their Feb. 24th adcom meeting, and when I did, they said that "my name was not on the list" meaning I wasn't selected for admission. And I was told to wait till April and see what happens cuz I am eligible for the waitlist. But I haven't heard anything about that either, so idk what position I'm in.

i would confirm to make sure you are on the waiting list. you never know what happens as last year i got my name off the waiting list in may at another school.

I got the same letters. I'm one of the 10 people too!

I hope we all get our acceptance calls soon!! :xf:

Does anyone know if they are going to add anymore people to the list???

Should I look into a plan B for next year?

I got the same letters. I'm one of the 10 people too!

I hope we all get our acceptance calls soon!! :xf:

Does anyone know if they are going to add anymore people to the list???

Yea, I hope so too. That'd be awesome. When did you get your waitlist letter?

It depends how you are ranked in the Wait list. If you are the top 4, then I think there is good chance of getting in but after that, I believe it will be quite slim.

Too bad they have not rank their wait list yet !!
Does UNLV require two deposits as well !!

It depends how you are ranked in the Wait list. If you are the top 4, then I think there is good chance of getting in but after that, I believe it will be quite slim.

Too bad they have not rank their wait list yet !!
Does UNLV require two deposits as well !!

How do you know about the ranking??

How do you know about the ranking??

I know they are going to rank their wait list. I called them about 10 days ago and they did not do it. You might want to call them now and ask if they have ranked their wait list.

I think position on the wait list will really determine the chance of getting admission.

I know they are going to rank their wait list. I called them about 10 days ago and they did not do it. You might want to call them now and ask if they have ranked their wait list.

I think position on the wait list will really determine the chance of getting admission.

I called 2 days ago and they said they haven't ranked it yet!

well I withdrew my application, so that is one less person on the waitlist. Not much info, but every little bit of it helps I guess. Good luck everyone, UNLV is a great program.

well I withdrew my application, so that is one less person on the waitlist. Not much info, but every little bit of it helps I guess. Good luck everyone, UNLV is a great program.

Thank you :)

Thanks for letting us know. Some of us have been waiting for so long now. I can't wait till the ranking for the wail list is determined and know where I really stand.

I have a feeling that the first 4 people in the list have a high chance of getting in but after that I am not so hopeful.

Do they still give out the alternated list? and how many people will get accepted on final round?

Do they still give out the alternated list? and how many people will get accepted on final round?

No they don't. They placed 10 people on the list about 3 weeks ago and will decide on the ranking of them by the 2nd week of April.

How many people ? It all depends how many people had multiple acceptance or ... It is hard to tell but I have a feeling the first 4 people on the list have a good chance of getting in.

Don't they send out acceptances to few people (who are not on the alternated list) for fourth round?

No they don't. They placed 10 people on the list about 3 weeks ago and will decide on the ranking of them by the 2nd week of April.

How many people ? It all depends how many people had multiple acceptance or ... It is hard to tell but I have a feeling the first 4 people on the list have a good chance of getting in.

I know they were still doing interviews even after the third round of acceptances.. so I'm worried that the waitlist comes after the fourth round??

Does anyone know when exactly they are meeting again??

I know they were still doing interviews even after the third round of acceptances.. so I'm worried that the waitlist comes after the fourth round??

Does anyone know when exactly they are meeting again??

Where is this information is coming from ??!!

I am pretty sure they said they were done their interviews early March and the last set was send about 2-3 weeks ago, it was 10 acceptance !!!

What is the source for your information ?
Did you talk to them or just heard it from someone else ?

Don't they send out acceptances to few people (who are not on the alternated list) for fourth round?

When was the fourth Round ?? Why Not call them and ask them ?? Based, on the letter that I got and based on what they told me, the last set of acceptance was sent out.

I interviewed beginning of march. They had one final interview day on March 24th. They will review the february 25, march 4 and 24 this week or next week applicants will either be accepted, rejected, or placed on waitlist.

I interviewed beginning of march. They had one final interview day on March 24th. They will review the february 25, march 4 and 24 this week or next week applicants will either be accepted, rejected, or placed on waitlist.

Wow, Really ??!!! I am going to call them up tomorrow again because this is not what I was told last week when I called.

This changes the whole thing since the class was already full when I called and now more acceptance going out and ... I guess the 10 people wait list will increase as well !!

Thank God for my other acceptance :)

Yeah who knows what's really going on though. That's what they told us at the interview day and when I called. I'm not going to hold my breath though :)

Ok! so.. They have 72 people in their class already.. I'm guessing 8 people dropped out!

Nowwww IF they still send out acceptances to people from Feb 25th on, then we are still left with not much hope.. BUT.. if they take people straight from the list then most of us are in!! :) I guess we will find out next week..

Please update us with any info if you guys talk to them.