UNLV Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Those of you who have been accepted - did any of you interview in December? I interviewed 12/3 and I'm hoping that it was too late for the December 15th decision day, meaning I may get accepted after the first deposit deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you who have been accepted - did any of you interview in December? I interviewed 12/3 and I'm hoping that it was too late for the December 15th decision day, meaning I may get accepted after the first deposit deadline.
hi! I received my interview notification on nov. 24th and completed my interview on dec. 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
School: UNLV
Notification date: 1/13/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS submit date: End of june
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.36 (with my masters grades)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/28/29/None
Method: Recorded video questions
Interview date: Due before 11:59PM on Jan 19th

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it only the recorded interview questions for the interview or is there actually a day we have to schedule?

Thanks! Is anyone else confused the with tuition spreadsheet? What is the cost of attendance? You can get instate after the first year?
You can get in state tuition after the first year so long as you change your address and get a Nevada driver's license, register to vote, etc... prior to the welcome orientation for the 25 class. If you are international, it might not be the same.

I heard there is supposed to be a second of acceptance offers going out this week. Anyone here anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife @artsypredent just got the call too!
I got the call too. During the information session last week, I believe your wife asked if the two of you would receive special consideration as her husband interviewed in December. Congratulations on both being accepted to the same school. That makes the next four years much better than if you had to go to different schools.

I got the call too. During the information session last week, I believe your wife asked if the two of you would receive special consideration as her husband interviewed in December. Congratulations on both being accepted to the same school. That makes the next four years much better than if you had to go to different schools.
Yea that was her haha. Thank you!

Does UNLV do silent rejections? My application has been sitting at “received/application complete” since September and I never got an interview. I even went out to get an additional LOR specifically for this school. I’m not entitled to an interview, just don’t even know if they’ve reviewed my application yet.
You should call or email Dr. Ancajas.

I forget and want to make sure. Does UNLV allow calls/emails asking about application status?

I forget and want to make sure. Does UNLV allow calls/emails asking about application status?
Why wouldn't they? If you have question, you can call or ask about it. If you sent new documents and want to verify the school received them, how else will you find out unless they sent you an email saying so.

Like I know these forums are not good representations of admissions, but nobody has claimed to be rejected or waitlisted yet, the FB page only has like less than half of their typical class size. What is going on? How late does UNLV typically run interviews?
I don't Facebook. I would imagine there are others who quit using it too. It's just a bunch a people fighting over politics. Facebook has become unusable. Hopefully we will have a Discord, Telegram, Slack, or Google meet/chat in place of it for sharing.

I think they said they may have one more date for interviews depending what happens with the second round of acceptances. The interviewees who interviewed pre December still have a chance and so do the post December if were not invited the second round. The second round has until February 22 to make their deposit and background check. Then they will know how.many seats are open for the third round. Following the December invites, there were around 30-35 seats still available. I don't remember how many invites were sent out in December but I think it was around 100. There was around 250 interviews and over 1800 applicants this cycle. I believe their application was open until February 1st, so they are likely still reviewing a few applications.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Congratulations on being accepted and welcome to the family! Don't forget there is a presentation tomorrow over zoom that goes over the day in the lives of the dental students! We will go over classes, free time, time management, and many other things including a QnA! Here is the official facebook group as well! Facebook 小组

Does UNLV do silent rejections? My application has been sitting at “received/application complete” since September and I never got an interview. I even went out to get an additional LOR specifically for this school. I’m not entitled to an interview, just don’t even know if they’ve reviewed my application yet.
As far as I know, we don't do silent rejections. I am not 100% though.

does anyone know if it was only the ones who got accepted that received the invitation for the "day in the life of a dental student" presentation? or was it sent out to all applicants?

does anyone know if it was only the ones who got accepted that received the invitation for the "day in the life of a dental student" presentation? or was it sent out to all applicants?
I haven't gotten a response, but I also received this invitation.

I have interviewed and also got the invitation for the meeting. I hope its a good sign! :happy:
I'll be honest - I don't think it means anything. I will say though that UNLV seems like a school that puts weight on letters of intent so if it's your top choice, consider sending one!

I was accepted yesterday and sent a letter of intent back in December. I think it really helped.

I'll be honest - I don't think it means anything. I will say though that UNLV seems like a school that puts weight on letters of intent so if it's your top choice, consider sending one!
I was accepted yesterday and sent a letter of intent back in December. I think it really helped.
I'll give that shot. I called and was told I'm being considered in round 3 :(. So crossing fingers

I'll give that shot. I called and was told I'm being considered in round 3 :(. So crossing fingers
Do you mean being considered for round 3 of getting interviewed or getting accepted? So far it has been radio silent for me and I'm anxious as well.

Do you mean being considered for round 3 of getting interviewed or getting accepted? So far it has been radio silent for me and I'm anxious as well.
getting accepted. i pretty much called last week about the status of my app after getting interviewed and she said i will be considered with the next batch

Received an update today after emailing Dr. Ancajas directly: “There may be a few more interviews sent out. They are on a rolling basis but I think that beginning of March will be the last day.” Hope this helps anyone out!

Received an update today after emailing Dr. Ancajas directly: “There may be a few more interviews sent out. They are on a rolling basis but I think that beginning of March will be the last day.” Hope this helps anyone out!
thank you so much for the update! Do you happen to know if they also do rejections? Based on previous years' threads I feel like they do silient rejections. I really want to get into UNLV because my dentist went there and she's super talented.

thank you so much for the update! Do you happen to know if they also do rejections? Based on previous years' threads I feel like they do silient rejections. I really want to get into UNLV because my dentist went there and she's super talented.
I’m not sure — it’s my first year applying there. From the previous threads, it looks like UNLV does not do silent rejections.

I don't Facebook. I would imagine there are others who quit using it too. It's just a bunch a people fighting over politics. Facebook has become unusable. Hopefully we will have a Discord, Telegram, Slack, or Google meet/chat in place of it for sharing.

I think they said they may have one more date for interviews depending what happens with the second round of acceptances. The interviewees who interviewed pre December still have a chance and so do the post December if were not invited the second round. The second round has until February 22 to make their deposit and background check. Then they will know how.many seats are open for the third round. Following the December invites, there were around 30-35 seats still available. I don't remember how many invites were sent out in December but I think it was around 100. There was around 250 interviews and over 1800 applicants this cycle. I believe their application was open until February 1st, so they are likely still reviewing a few applications.
I am a first year at UNLV right now and we have a class facebook that includes some upper classmen and things but honestly it doesnt get used much. There is a student body facebook page that is used however for random things that range from reminders to handing off procedures to people that still need them. Our class has a slack that we use alllllll the time. It works really well

Can confirm they do not do silent rejections — Rejected today via email at 11:30
I am so sorry to hear :(. When your application was completed if you don't mind me asking? I completed my app october but it has been silent since. UNLV is my top choice.

does anyone know anything about the laptops that we're required to buy?

does anyone know anything about the laptops that we're required to buy?
I think they let us know later on, after the April 1 deposit they send out more information.. there is a choice between a Surface Pro and Dell. That's as much as I know. I also thought it said we won't need them until the first summer semester. So it will likely be best to wait until it gets closer to then if you want a better price. Like when Windows and Dell release a new version of the model that is required you can purchase the model that is ending for a discount.

does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews?

I have been completely ghosted by UNLV this cycle...

I think they let us know later on, after the April 1 deposit they send out more information.. there is a choice between a Surface Pro and Dell. That's as much as I know. I also thought it said we won't need them until the first summer semester. So it will likely be best to wait until it gets closer to then if you want a better price. Like when Windows and Dell release a new version of the model that is required you can purchase the model that is ending for a discount.
are they not switching to macbooks/ipads this year? I thought I heard that somewhere but I might be totally wrong

are they not switching to macbooks/ipads this year? I thought I heard that somewhere but I might be totally wrong
Just got the second package and it looks like they're sticking to Microsoft/Dell!

Last edited:
Rejected via email. Applied around october. Bummer since it’s my top choice. Congrats to all who got in!

I emailed the school, and this is what I got.

1. Currently 20 people on the waitlist, unranked
2. No movement

I also asked for any tips and was suggested retaking the DAT despite going from 19 to 21 AA and TS :(