UNLV Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Reactions: 1 user
My status also says “invited to interview” but haven’t received any other info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats !!! What are your Stats?
Just got the official email
High GPA, 26 DAT, career changer, OOS but in mountain wes

Edit - OK, so it looks like the virtual assessment is the interview based on a second email i just received. It doesnt seem like there is a live interview, but instead you just video yourself answering some questions. Still not 100% sure. You have a week to complete the virtual assessment/interview.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite!
GPA 3.98 AA 22

School: UNLV
Notification Date:10/19
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NV
AADSAS submitted: 06/16
secondary completed: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.98,4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/19-10/25

Just got an interview invite!
GPA 3.98 AA 22

Notification Date:10/19
AADSAS submitted: 06/16
secondary completed: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.98,4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/19-10/25
You almost have a guaranteed admission with those stats, being an in-state applicant. Congrats !!!

does anyone know if they will be sending more pre december interview invites?

does anyone know if they will be sending more pre december interview invites?
What does everybody's AADSAS show for UNLV? It shows "Application Complete" for a long time. Does it show "Under Review" for any of you?

What does everybody's AADSAS show for UNLV? It shows "Application Complete" for a long time. Does it show "Under Review" for any of you?

Hey, mine says application complete as well. I don't believe they update it to under review though, as they have sent me an email in the past stating my app would be sent to adcoms for review, despite the aadsas status.

Mine went from App Complete to Invited for Interview, never showed Under Review

Reactions: 2 users
So the Interview is 6 questions. You watch a video of someone asking a question, have 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and then the camera turns on and you record an answer in the minute you are given to respond. The last question was a writing prompt that you had 5 minutes to answer and a 200 word limit. Took about 15 minutes to complete.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the Interview is 6 questions. You watch a video of someone asking a question, have 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and then the camera turns on and you record an answer in the minute you are given to respond. The last question was a writing prompt that you had 5 minutes to answer and a 200 word limit. Took about 15 minutes to complete.
Wow... Do you mind if I ask you what kind of questions they asked?

Wow... Do you mind if I ask you what kind of questions they asked?
They were all pretty standard interview questions or the type of questions you may expect to receive in an interview. Nothing outlandish or unexpected IMO. Similar to things found on lists like this

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the official email
High GPA, 26 DAT, career changer, OOS but in mountain wes

Edit - OK, so it looks like the virtual assessment is the interview based on a second email i just received. It doesnt seem like there is a live interview, but instead you just video yourself answering some questions. Still not 100% sure. You have a week to complete the virtual assessment/interview.
Congrats! May I private message you for some questions?

If any of you guys submitted the interview,,, What did you guys think about it?

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/26/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/22/20
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.56/3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 TS/17 PAT/24 RC/none
Dates available OR your interview date: due in one week
Method of Interview: video

Last edited:
Interview #2
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/22/20
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.56/3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 TS/17 PAT/24 RC/none
Congrats !!!

Received an interview invitation from UNLV today. Fingers crossed!

Interview #8
Residency: OOS (California)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/13/20
Application complete date: 8/27/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.81, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 / 25 / 20 / 30 / none

Is there anywhere I can find class statistics from UNLV? I have only really found information about community service, curriculum, vision and admissions on their website.

Can you please share Stats?
Sure - see below.

Interview: #2
Residency: Arizona (Formerly Nevada)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29/20
Application complete date: 7/29/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.9, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 / 22 / 17 / 21 / none
Other: Career change (formerly commercial banking and finance – 11 years).

I got an interview to UNLV this past Monday. Can anyone who has already done it please reach out? I have questions.

Invited to and completed my interview!

Notification Date:10/26 (my birthday)
AADSAS submitted: 07/28
secondary completed: 07/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.2,3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 19, 21, 21, 16 (QR)
Dates available for interview: 10/26-11/1
Method of interview: Online

Currently work as a pediatric assistant :) Don't give up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Notification Date: 11/2/20
Residency: SC
AADSAS submitted: 10/01
secondary completed: 10/08
GPA (science, overall): 3.78,3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 21, 20, 24, None
Dates available for interview: 11/2-11/9
Method of interview: Online

I'm so excited and grateful for the opportunity to interview here!!

Hey guys, I also received an invite for a "kira" interview today. Will UNLV do a traditional, virtual interview as well? If so, is there a chance that someone gets invited for the kira interview and not a traditional one? Thanks!

Hey guys, I also received an invite for a "kira" interview today. Will UNLV do a traditional, virtual interview as well? If so, is there a chance that someone gets invited for the kira interview and not a traditional one? Thanks!
I don't believe they are doing traditional interviews involving a dialogue or interaction. Probably a one-off exception this year.

I hope they're not done sending out interview invites yet!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys. Fourth year dental student at UNLV here. I don't know much about the logistics of interviews this year, so I can't help with that. But I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the dental school in general.

Hey guys. Fourth year dental student at UNLV here. I don't know much about the logistics of interviews this year, so I can't help with that. But I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the dental school in general.
Hey oh! Thanks for getting on - I was looking forward to an interview process where I could ask some questions but this is the next best thing! UNLV is right up at the top of my list, so I'm really trying to do my due diligence. I have a lot of questions but don't feel like you need to answer all of them or any at all. Just a shot in the dark.

What has met your expectations vs. what hasn't?
Are you planning on specializing? Do you feel like UNLV has prepared you well and put you in a position to succeed (either going right into private practice or specialty)?
Given that no school is perfect, what are some frustrations that you've had to deal with that we should be aware of?
What has been the best thing about UNLV compared to other schools?

Thanks in advance and good luck moving forward in your career!

Has anyone talked to admissions about what the process is on the 15th if you're accepted? Do they email or call and will it be on the 15th or a random day after that? Do you hear back if you don't get in or just not hear anything at all?

Anyone know if they're sending anymore interviews before December 15th?

Interview #7
Notification date: 11/24/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS submit date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.1, 3.02
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/24/25/None
Method: Recorded video questions
Interview date: Due before 11:59PM on December 3rd

Did anyone get an email from UNLV?
I got an email for an actual interview (Actually just the info session my bad). Not the Kira questions that I completed a while ago. This one also had a bunch of files attached with information on financial aid, curriculum, the school, etc. Said they will be sending out the official interview date in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
I got an email for an actual interview yesterday. Not the Kira questions that I completed a while ago. This one also had a bunch of files attached with information on financial aid, curriculum, the school, etc. Said they will be sending out the official interview date in the next couple of days.
If we did the kira interview but didn't get invited for this one does that mean we're going to get waitlisted/rejected on the 15th?

If we did the kira interview but didn't get invited for this one does that mean we're going to get waitlisted/rejected on the 15th?
Magic 8 ball says: “Cannot predict now”

there were only 20-30 people on the email I got (they CC’d us instead of BCC, big faux pas imo). So I imagine they’ll send out multiple emails since they accept at least 80.

Magic 8 ball says: “Cannot predict now”

there were only 20-30 people on the email I got (they CC’d us instead of BCC, big faux pas imo). So I imagine they’ll send out multiple emails since they accept at least 80.
Yours said interview? Or just info session? I got a similar e-mail but it didnt say interview. It just said info session with the dean.

Yours said interview? Or just info session? I got a similar e-mail but it didnt say interview. It just said info session with the dean.
Oh yeah, you’re right. It says “a live webex meeting with the associate dean”. I assumed it was an interview, but makes a lot more sense that it is the info session.

Oh yeah, you’re right. It says “a live webex meeting with the associate dean”. I assumed it was an interview, but makes a lot more sense that it is the info session.
if it's an info session I wonder why not everyone got the email?

if it's an info session I wonder why not everyone got the email?
maybe depends on the date in which you completed the interview? like those who completed theirs in october got it but those who completed it recently might have to wait? that’s my best guess imo

maybe depends on the date in which you completed the interview? like those who completed theirs in october got it but those who completed it recently might have to wait? that’s my best guess imo
I think so too. completed mine a couple days ago and haven't received an email