UPenn c/o 2019 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hang in there :/ maybe tomorrow or wednesday?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably Wednesday, the weather for Philly isn't looking too good for tomorrow.

I feel like a little kid getting ready to throw a temper tantrum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! My name is Lexy.
I'm a 4th time applicant to Penn, never invited to interview before this year!
I got my invite on 1/6 for 1/30!! This Friday!!!!
Obviously anxiously trying to prep for the interview.
Those of you who are accepted for class of 2019 already, congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 users
Check your email guys!!! I'm OOS alternate!!

I'm actually super excited considering I though I bombed my interview!!

Does anyone know if the wait list ever moves? Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Getting suuuuuper nervous now. When did you get your email? I haven't gotten anything :(

Got it at 10:04 but I just checked it a couple minutes ago! They could be sending it out in batches so don't worry. You just might be on their call list ;)

That or on their "throw snowballs at her 'til she cries" list

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email a couple hours ago. I'm on the "Hold" list - still not 100% sure how that works. I'm IS.

thanks @orca2011 !!

and if you happen to know, can you tell if this is true? it sounds waaaaay too good to be true!

"Penn told me that I'm still wait listed for this year, but if I don't make it in off of the wait list for c/o 2018 then I will automatically be accepted for c/o 2019 and I don't have to reapply. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm totally happy with that since I was going to reapply anyway. Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else. I thought it was too good to be true...."

this was found on class of 2018 applicants thread.

I heard of someone last year who was accepted for the following year. I don't know how true that was - if she was actually accepted for the following year rather than her making the choice to defer a year. But since I've heard something similar, it is possible. I don't know if it's on a case-by-case basis or if it's true for everyone?

thanks @orca2011 !!

and if you happen to know, can you tell if this is true? it sounds waaaaay too good to be true!

"Penn told me that I'm still wait listed for this year, but if I don't make it in off of the wait list for c/o 2018 then I will automatically be accepted for c/o 2019 and I don't have to reapply. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm totally happy with that since I was going to reapply anyway. Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else. I thought it was too good to be true...."

Uhh, I don't recall if they got their acceptance but that's the first time I've heard of that particular situation happening. I've been on the IS list before and wasn't given that option. Guess we'll find out later if it's a new thing they're doing or not.

welp, i guess more waiting for us alternates :nailbiting:

Are they done sending out interview invites? I thought I read that they interviewed in March last year. I'm oos and I haven't heard anything at all yet......

When I went to the interview, I spoke with the current vet student and they said this year is different (if anyone knows better, PLEASE correct me!!).

they said that they usually do one group of interviews every Friday for 10 weeks or so. But, they are now doing two interview sessions per Friday, so that implied that they won't be dragging out the interview days out.

But, if they can't find the proper applicants, they will definitely offer more interviews to fulfill the seats.

i hope that helps!

thanks @orca2011 !!

I know two people at least that this happened to last year. To my knowledge they were both OOS. I'm not sure how typical it is, though!

Thanks @brightimpressio !

I feel like it's not a common situation. Like they really like and want you but they can't accomodate you I the class so they offer you dibs on next years. Or they're just super special beyond that.

I hope it's good news in the end for wait listers !!! :/

I feel like last Friday's interview group was a bunch of misfits! So few of us have heard anything and only one known acceptance. I'm really losing hope. :( I really didn't want to have to move my son out of state for his Sr. year of high school.

They *did* say it could take up to 7-10 days but I do feel like it's weird since everyone else this year and last heard back the following mon/tues

Does anyone know how many seats are left or have been filled?

They *did* say it could take up to 7-10 days but I do feel like it's weird since everyone else this year and last heard back the following mon/tues
I know it could be early next week, and I guess if we haven't heard anything yet that means they want to see how we compare to the group interviewing this Friday. Guess that means I have to buy that ticket to Iowa. Yey for spending money I don't have and losing 2 days of work without pay. *sigh*

@Swongy I know someone who was on the wait list last year who got a call from Penn saying they were accepted for the the following cycle (c/o 2019). I think that's really rare thing to have happen though!

@MustangJumperPony If you're on hold, it means they are still considering you for the incoming class! They are going to compare you to next weeks applicants, I think.

Hmmmm, this doesnt make sense bc they told us friday that we will FOR SURE know this week our status i thought? Even if that means alternate and held onto a little longer as the weeks go by... Idk this is odd

Hmmmm, this doesnt make sense bc they told us friday that we will FOR SURE know this week our status i thought? Even if that means alternate and held onto a little longer as the weeks go by... Idk this is odd
They told us Friday morning we'd hear something within 7-10 days, not by the end of this week. I guess you haven't heard anything either?

They told us Friday morning we'd hear something within 7-10 days, not by the end of this week. I guess you haven't heard anything either?
Hmm everyone i spoke to seemed to think we'd all hear back by Wed the latest..hah so much for that!! Naah no news here at all and it's driving me bonkers!

I really thought there would have been more acceptance calls by now. Seems like that is how it went for the previous weeks this year and for the interviews last year.

I was thinking of sending an email to Roseann saying I knew a few people had heard back from Friday, though many have not and I'm concerned my illness may have affected my chances and if she could let the powers that be know I wasn't well, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to come off as pushy by calling, but I can't stand not knowing anything. I think I'd rather still be waiting for an interview invite.

I'm keeping super busy today by marathoning season 3 of the office....that is all

sar_ansky7 - Yes, thanks! I emailed them to clarify. Anyone on hold is considered the following week with the next group - and I'm guessing that can go on for weeks until we get a final decision from them.

For those of you who interviewed this week and haven't heard anything, I hope you hear something soon!

sar_ansky7 - Yes, thanks! I emailed them to clarify. Anyone on hold is considered the following week with the next group - and I'm guessing that can go on for weeks until we get a final decision from them.

For those of you who interviewed this week and haven't heard anything, I hope you hear something soon!
Ugh... my heart is officially in the bottom of my stomach.

I don't post much, but I thought I would log in to let you all know that I received an acceptance call this morning. Not sure if that comes off as a brag..I don't mean it that way! Just another data point for everyone still worried. I interviewed this Friday (4 days ago?) and am OOS. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! And good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Congrats 2019hopeful! And good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!

Wow. What. Just got a call from Roseanne, Penn 2019 <3 (OOS)

Reactions: 9 users
Good things come to those who wait!!! Congrats guys!