UPenn c/o 2019 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure I'll get back at you eventually! :p All is fair in love an WW! I'm looking forward meeting you for real though.:)
True! :laugh:

Definitely! :) Me too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everyone! I look forward to seeing you around next year if you shadow in any of departments since I'll be a slave to the attendings and what not.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Hopefully I will be able to join y'all next year!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
So....my app is still under review. Is that a bad thing?

Just got the call!! Yay! Good luck to those waiting to hear!!

Reactions: 2 users
Also, now that people are being accepted, feel free to PM if you want any specifics about the area and what not. I will say a lot of housing doesn't become available until later into the semester. So if you're super eager and have begun looking, don't be surprised if you don't see much.

Oh well done all!!!!! I looked in on here quickly last night and was really feeling for those waiting to hear from last weeks interviews. Sounds like they threw everyone off with a different call-back schedule this week!!

So happy for you all!!! Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!! hope to meet you all later in the year!!!

unrelated question: i put off taking calculus during my postbac, but it now appears i'm gonna have to cross that bridge. does anyone know how legit this course has to be? for instance, could i take it online or at a community college here in the city since it would probably be much cheaper than an on-campus/4-year institution?

Does anyone know when the next wave of interviews (if any) are going out?

Congrats to everyone who got in :)

Just got my acceptance letter! This is so exciting!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey ya'll 2019's. :) I was thinking of starting an email thread for interesting news/research links/general stuff that we could share with each other. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll set something up! You can PM me your email address and I can get a thing going!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw a bunch of interviewees touring the hospital and looking dapper in their suits! The excitement is definitely contagious lol.

I'm trying to get the energy to possibly come down for happy hour and meet some interviewees. I had an overnight last night so I woke up at 2 PM and am struggling to put real pants on.

Does anyone know when the next wave of interviews (if any) are going out?

Congrats to everyone who got in :)

I called and they said next round of invites will be next week!

Reactions: 3 users
For those that got accepted, how long after your interview day did you get the phone call?

For those that got accepted, how long after your interview day did you get the phone call?
Most people have been getting called the Monday after the interview, but I didn't get called until after 6pm on Tuesday and at least one person got called on Wednesday.

Anyone hear of any new invites going out last friday?

Dear Penn,

I just met you, and this is crazy, but you have my number... so call me maybe?

Reactions: 6 users
Funny, staring at my phone does not appear to be making it ring.

Reactions: 3 users
Funny, pleading and begging with my phone does not appear to be making it ring either.

Try not to stress too much yet. Last week we didn't get called until Tuesday and Wednesday.

Also, I got the invite to the penn vet 2019 Facebook page today! :happy:
I might have to ask Ms. Herpen for an invite :laugh:

Received a phone call around 2 pm from Dr. Keiter today!!!! Class of 2019!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Following the interview on the 30th, I was emailed last night that my application was put on hold. Anyone make it off the Hold list yet?

Aaah I am still waiting to be notified of an interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

Following the interview on the 30th, I was emailed last night that my application was put on hold. Anyone make it off the Hold list yet?
Same with me...I've been placed on the Hold list as well.

Aaah I am still waiting to be notified of an interview. Anyone else in the same boat?
I am! Hopefully this Friday more interview invites will be sent out and both of us will be chosen!! :xf::xf:

So....I called Penn today. The person who answer said that no more invites will be sent after the 17th. This makes me feel horrible :(
Like others I have waited, but no news is worse for me. I'm OOS and haven't received an interview invite.

So....I called Penn today. The person who answer said that no more invites will be sent after the 17th. This makes me feel horrible :(
Like others I have waited, but no news is worse for me. I'm OOS and haven't received an interview invite.

Yeah I called today too and they said invites should all be sent out by the 15th and the rejection letters will be sent out after that date. Hopefully we all get invited this week!

I too called today and spoke to Dr. Keiter, he told me that my application was still competitive but that the last of the interviews would be sent out by the middle of the month. Crossing my fingers for an interview. Penn is definitely my top choice.

That's from me!! And it is actually TRUE!! I'm in the C/O 2019. I was interviewed on Large Animal day (Valentine's Day 2014) and put on hold the Monday after. Then lots and lots of waiting. I was named an alternate for the C/O 2018 after interviews. I kept in touch with Mac Keiter all through spring and summer and he was a fantastic help. In May, I asked him about when I could set up a file review in case I had to apply again (via email) and he told me to call him. That's when he told me that they were offering me a deferred acceptance for 2019 if I wanted it, which I did. So in September they sent me my official acceptance letter, which is now framed on my wall because I'm a dork.

Hope that helps! Good luck and don't lose hope! <3

thanks @orca2011 !!

and if you happen to know, can you tell if this is true? it sounds waaaaay too good to be true!

"Penn told me that I'm still wait listed for this year, but if I don't make it in off of the wait list for c/o 2018 then I will automatically be accepted for c/o 2019 and I don't have to reapply. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm totally happy with that since I was going to reapply anyway. Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else. I thought it was too good to be true...."

this was found on class of 2018 applicants thread.

Last edited:
@B@d@ss Unicorn thanks! That gives me hope. But I'm sure you had super awesome credentials bc I'm assuming they don't do that often!

Anybody get an interview invite today?!

Nothing here either. Really thought today would be the day.

Well, it's 5:00pm so I guess today is not the day. I'm starting to get really anxious :(

nothing... after checking my email and hitting refresh all day :(

Seriously when are they going to notify us