VCOM Post-Bacc Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
damn they definitely prefer VA residents but at least the number went down from 2014 to 2015

Yea, I think its going to go down even more this year since they plan to accept 100 students.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like we wont hear decisions for awhile guys:( especially me since I think I was complete beginning of Feb ugh... It seems they are just finishing December applications

Reactions: 1 user
Keep your head up! Let me know when you guys get your acceptances and we can start a FB group :highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for these emails like....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 37
Still nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yo everyone. Is it too late to apply. It seems on this forum that not too many people have been accepted. I didn't complete my primary to the DO school because I never took Biochem. The postbac doesn't require it though, so do you think that they can still access my AACOMAS stuff (LOR's, statement, transcripts etc). Also, do I have a good chance here?

c3.06/s3.44/MCAT 504

Yo everyone. Is it too late to apply. It seems on this forum that not too many people have been accepted. I didn't complete my primary to the DO school because I never took Biochem. The postbac doesn't require it though, so do you think that they can still access my AACOMAS stuff (LOR's, statement, transcripts etc). Also, do I have a good chance here?

c3.06/s3.44/MCAT 504
apply u will def get it you have pretty good stats

I sent an update letter a little while ago and I'm still under review as of today. It's a tough wait, but it'll feel great once we're all in!

I just hope we hear something within a week. Anyone else studying for the MCAT right now, by the way?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a letter last week and was under review. Still haven't heard anything, but hopefully will soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an update letter a little while ago and I'm still under review as of today. It's a tough wait, but it'll feel great once we're all in!

I just hope we hear something within a week. Anyone else studying for the MCAT right now, by the way?

Still under review also, and have my MCAT scheduled for 7/09.

I'm taking the MCAT June 18th. Praying it'll be the only time.

My application was complete in the beginning of March. Today I was told I would have a decision made by the beginning of May. Hope that gives some perspective to all of you who were complete far before me!

My application was complete in the beginning of March. Today I was told I would have a decision made by the beginning of May. Hope that gives some perspective to all of you who were complete far before me!
how did you contact them via phone call or email?

That's so late

Email seems to work best

Just got my acceptance guys!!!

Full stats to help people gauge their chances:
3.0 cGPA, 2.8 sGPA (pretty low, I know at other places I interviewed the fact my university is highly ranked helped a lot, likely made a difference here)
502 MCAT
VA resident
2000+ hours of health-care related paid and volunteer work throughout college and during my gap-year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got my acceptance!!!!

Congrats guys! I still haven't heard anything, but I was complete a little later (in early February)

I just searched for it and couldn't find it!

When did u apply? And what are ur stats?

I applied end of December/early January.

cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.0, mcat 18. Retaking the mcat beginning of July.

I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I'm also a VA resident.

Just got my acceptance guys!!!

Full stats to help people gauge their chances:
3.0 cGPA, 2.8 sGPA (pretty low, I know at other places I interviewed the fact my university is highly ranked helped a lot, likely made a difference here)
502 MCAT
VA resident
2000+ hours of health-care related paid and volunteer work throughout college and during my gap-year.
When did you apply? Congratulations btw :)

congrats guys yesssss i get so happy when fellow posters get in im still waiting but i was complete late jan early feb

Just got my Acceptance!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! Just popping in to say congrats to everyone that got accepted so far. I'm really proud of you! For those of us who haven't- no matter what happens, we will all be fine ❤️ Remember, whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right. Bless! Hoping for the best :) (I applied in January but my application wasn't complete until mid-March because of my Rec letter).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know or recommend a lender other than the two (Sallie Mae and Wells Fargo) provided on the website? I'm worried I wont be approved and wanted to look at other options.

wait yay!! congrats everyone who got in!! Make sure to join the Facebook group!! :)

Can someone please post the link to the Facebook group? Cannot seem to find it :(