Virginia-Maryland CVM (VA-MD) c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WV contract interview invite!! My email went to spam, so definitely check there if you didn’t get an email!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
WV contract interview invite!! My email went to spam, so definitely check there if you didn’t get an email!
Same here!! Thanks for letting us know because it also went to my junk email! Fellow WV contract applicant here!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to the people who received interviews Im In state rejected

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
IS MD interview invite!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Same- and when I reviewed my application I was told that if COVID didn’t happen then I would have gotten in sooooo LOL

Same… I asked how to improve my app and she basically said to keep up with what I was doing and I’ll get in this cycle because they’re doing interviews

Same… I asked how to improve my app and she basically said to keep up with what I was doing and I’ll get in this cycle because they’re doing interviews
I was OOS waitlisted last year. Was told that I would most likely make the cut for interviews if I applied in-state. Moved to Virginia. IS-VA rejected. :(

I was OOS waitlisted last year. Was told that I would most likely make the cut for interviews if I applied in-state. Moved to Virginia. IS-VA rejected. :(

Ugh I’m so sorry that sucks!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Interview!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Wv contract- rejected. Was waitlisted last year. Best of luck to everyone else this cycle! I'm sure you'll all do great!😁

• Care
Last year they put 75 VA residents on the waitlist and accepted 50. I know in years past they waitlist everyone who gets an interview and doesn't get accepted. So maybe this means they'll interview 125 from Virginia? I have no idea, just conjecture.
They accepted more people on the waitlist last year than typical because they were expecting more list movement than during a normal year

To those that were invited to interview, can you see the confidentiality form in the email? It says that it is attached in word and PDF form to the email, but I cannot find it!
I think they meant the kira talent email, I haven't gotten that one yet!

What does it mean if I didn’t receive an email? I checked both my inbox and spam 😩

OOS rejected. Good luck all!

• Care
OOS interview! Good luck everyone.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who got an interview received the email from Kira talent?

Does anyone know if they are setting our pre-interview rankings to zero and doing admission based solely on interview like they have done in past years?

Does anyone know if they are setting our pre-interview rankings to zero and doing admission based solely on interview like they have done in past years?
I was wondering the same thing

Per the admissions website, yes.

They have changed the website since last year when they included the caspr it as part of the overall score so it should be up to date.

Per the admissions website, yes.

They have changed the website since last year when they included the caspr it as part of the overall score so it should be up to date.
They also said they were doing in person interviews so I am a bit confused if they changed their interview weights

i had the admissions team present at my school earlier this year (in sept? i think) to prospective students and they said they leave it all up to the interview

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like it’s weird we still haven’t gotten the Kira talent email

I feel like it’s weird we still haven’t gotten the Kira talent email
The portal doesn't open until the 14th and it's only been one business day so I am not too worried yet!

How are ya'll preparing for the MMIs? I looked it up and a ton of med school prep comes up. I plan to do the practice test but am worried I may over prepare.

How are ya'll preparing for the MMIs? I looked it up and a ton of med school prep comes up. I plan to do the practice test but am worried I may over prepare.
That’s what I plan on doing! Better to overprepare than underprepared imo! Haha

If the MMI is similar to how it was 2 years ago (we interviewed in person), you can't really prepare! Dr. Pelzer really encourages everyone to be themselves, not try to say what you think they want to hear. I had fun with a couple of the prompts, was vulnerable with one in particular (literally teared up a bit), and tried to bring in my experiences if the prompt allowed. Seriously, just be yourself and you'll do great! Don't overthink it :)

• Care
If the MMI is similar to how it was 2 years ago (we interviewed in person), you can't really prepare! Dr. Pelzer really encourages everyone to be themselves, not try to say what you think they want to hear. I had fun with a couple of the prompts, was vulnerable with one in particular (literally teared up a bit), and tried to bring in my experiences if the prompt allowed. Seriously, just be yourself and you'll do great! Don't overthink it :)
Good to hear! I know all the test prep sites said you should prepare for CASPer but I did not find that it was necessary

Forgot to post - WV Contract interview invite and dual DVM/Phd interview invite.

Did anyone on this thread get an interview invite to the dual DVM/PhD program?

Has anyone taken the interview? If so, do you think the questions were fair? What did you guys do to prepare?

How formal are you guys dressing for the interview? Like suits and ties/ business jacket and blouse. I want to look professional but don’t want to overdue it you know?

How formal are you guys dressing for the interview? Like suits and ties/ business jacket and blouse. I want to look professional but don’t want to overdue it you know?
I'm gonna wear dress pants, dress shirt (probably a button up) and maybe a blazer?

I don't think it is really possible to be overdressed in my opinion. I plan to wear a suit and tie (just standard business professional for a guy).

Most people will probably be in a suit and dress shirt + tie / blouse