VMCVM c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know where to find if you need to send in fall grades? I applied to 5 schools so I need to figure out which require them

**still compulsively refreshing my email**

Members don't see this ad.

Does that include outright rejections, if you know?

Times like these where I wish I hadn't deleted FB...but it needed to be done
Everyone will get an email - there are three versions... 1) Schedule your interview. 2) You are on a waitlist for interviews. If people decline their invitation to interview, they will pull others from the waitlist. 3) Thanks for applying, but we will not be extending you an invitation to interview this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like for the next ~2 months I'm just going to be continuously refreshing my email and stressing to no end. So a really fun senior year! :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where to find if you need to send in fall grades? I applied to 5 schools so I need to figure out which require them

Best answer is to email Shelby in the admissions office. I did not have to send mine in before I was accepted.

Man. You guys are making me relive the stress I felt waiting to get my invite 2 years ago. It’s the worst. Hang in there!

They're making me relive it from many more years ago than that :oldman:.....ditto though.

Whenever they do come (and I'll probably post this again when they do) if anyone needs a ride to/from airport let me know. I live in Bburg but work at the med school in Roanoke, and I'd be more than happy to take ridealongs in the early morning and evenings if that fits anyone's coming-and-going schedule.

Reactions: 6 users
They're making me relive it from many more years ago than that :oldman:.....ditto though.

Whenever they do come (and I'll probably post this again when they do) if anyone needs a ride to/from airport let me know. I live in Bburg but work at the med school in Roanoke, and I'd be more than happy to take ridealongs in the early morning and evenings if that fits anyone's coming-and-going schedule.
If by some miracle I get something positive then I may need that...unless I drive :/

If by some miracle I get something positive then I may need that...unless I drive :/
It makes me sad because I lived in VA from when I was born until about 6 months ago when my parents moved to Mass, so forget instate but it would be so weird to be back and not live there anymore.

It makes me sad because I lived in VA from when I was born until about 6 months ago when my parents moved to Mass, so forget instate but it would be so weird to be back and not live there anymore.
Some states will still allow you to get IS tuition if you lived there long enough and graduated hs there and some other things. I’d honestly check ASAP with the residency office if I were you.

Reactions: 1 user
Does that include outright rejections, if you know?

Times like these where I wish I hadn't deleted FB...but it needed to be done
I’d love to know if that includes rejections. Way to add to the anxiety.

At this point, I just want to know something, other than they’re running late.
I think a lot of that was an increase in the applicants and the extended deadlines for vmcas. Someone above said Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a lot of that was an increase in the applicants and the extended deadlines for vmcas. Someone above said Monday.
I'm sure they're doing everything they can to speed the process along while still be thorough :) I can't imagine how many applications they get, must be a lot of work.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello C/O 2023 hopefuls! I know how it feels to be in your shoes, as I am just 1 year removed from the application process (my how time flies)! If anybody has any questions or concerns leading up to interviews, let me know. I will most likely be attending a session or two as I am a student ambassador for the C/O 2022.

Don't stress too much, everything happens for a reason and I'm sure the right school and program will be the one you end up choosing, regardless if it's the one you thought it was originally.

Sooo they’re gonna wait til the last possible second today I guess ?

If they don't send it today I have wasted too much nervous energy.........

Reactions: 10 users
No news yet but I got great news for me! Im a published scientific author now my collegues and I are published as secondary authors!

Reactions: 12 users
Anybody else furiously refreshing their emails?

Reactions: 12 users
Yeah, I'm starting to think maybe we'll hear tomorrow?

I got the "within a week" email last Tuesday, so maybe they're going to wait until tomorrow? :arghh:

Since it's after 5 do we think that means it won't be today?

Since it's after 5 do we think that means it won't be today?

I got my interview invite from Kansas after 9 p.m. when I got mine, so it could still be today.

Some people over on the APVMA facebook page are saying they've received emails around 6pm-8pm, so maybe there's still hope?

Both times I received my email from this school morning to midday. Possibly tomorrow then. Patience everyone!

Seems like it's not going to be today. I guess I wore my maroon shirt and orange underwear for nothing :(

Reactions: 10 users
I haven't gotten anything :/ no word from the APVMA fb either

I can't decide what's worse, knowing it should come soon or like other schools that don't tell you a date and the it just shows up in your inbox unexpectedly.

Reactions: 4 users
I can't decide what's worse, knowing it should come soon or like other schools that don't tell you a date and the it just shows up in your inbox unexpectedly.

I think they are both pretty torturous on the mind;):shrug:.

I was told within one week of 4:59 pm on Tuesday, November 27th!!
judge-judy-gif-5.gif

The real burning question, though: do you really sing to cats
Haha, I do, I'm a trained classical/opera singer! Lately I have been singing to shelter cats to help acclimate them to general human presence and activity. The little lady in my avi is deaf so I am free to sing whatever I want at home, too :)

Haha, I do, I'm a trained classical/opera singer! Lately I have been singing to shelter cats to help acclimate them to general human presence and activity. The little lady in my avi is deaf so I am free to sing whatever I want at home, too :)

omg, that's actually really cool. and I'll bet a really great talking point on your application(s)! :D

I for one did not expect this answer lol

Reactions: 3 users
my girlfriend's applying to vet school, not me, but dammit if I'm not anxiously waiting for this Virginia email too, ahhhh.

Reactions: 9 users
my girlfriend's applying to vet school, not me, but dammit if I'm not anxiously waiting for this Virginia email too, ahhhh.

The support is real! I was trying to keep my cool on this, but I have officially joined the "Refreshing-every-2-minutes" Club

Reactions: 3 users