VMCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS interview invite!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection excited for y’all moving on!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
IS VA invite! So excited but definitely a bit nervous for the interview format

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed last year too. It’s essentially just like the CASPER and definitely utilize the practice questions and sessions. They are just like the actual thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
OS rejection. Congratulations to all of you moving forward!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection 😭

• Care
OOS rejected :( Sort of anticipated this one but still stings a lil because VMCVM was my former/home state IS and half my alma mater. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
IS (MD) interview invite!! I’m 28, and this is my 5th cycle! I almost didn’t apply this cycle because I just had my baby in August I’m so happy I did 😩

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
IS rejection.. 2nd time applying. Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

• Care
IS (MD) interview invite!! I’m 28, and this is my 5th cycle! I almost didn’t apply this cycle because I just had my baby in August I’m so happy I did 😩
Congratulations! You worked so hard for this moment. Welcome to motherhood!

OOS rejected :( Sort of anticipated this one but still stings a lil because VMCVM was my former/home state IS and half my alma mater. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
I’m feeling this too. Bummed because it’s my second rejection in less than a week. This process is tough.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS first time applying, rejected. Heartbroken; however, we just have to move onwards. Good luck to all :)

• Care
IS (maryland) interview!!
Is anybody having issues using the practice questions on Kira? I keep redoing them and it only shows me the same three questions

Happy Holidays! Does anyone know how many OOS receive interviews? Has anyone taken the interview yet?

Last edited:
Happy Holidays! Does anyone know how many OOS receive interviews? Has anyone taken the interview yet?
I haven't done the interview this year yet, but I did one last year. If you look at the attributes and try to confidently answer the questions and back yourself up you'll do well.

As for the numbers- here is a screenshot from the info session with the numbers for each pool of interviewing applicants and the seats to be filled.
1703122043277.png

What they have done in years prior to last is that once you're granted an interview and complete it, they would waitlist everyone, but last year they said that they were no doing that because the lists were very lengthy, so they will decline some after interviews, waitlist some, and accept the rest. That is what they did last year, so I would assume they are doing the same this year?

Hopefully this is helpful :)

I haven't done the interview this year yet, but I did one last year. If you look at the attributes and try to confidently answer the questions and back yourself up you'll do well.

As for the numbers- here is a screenshot from the info session with the numbers for each pool of interviewing applicants and the seats to be filled.
View attachment 380006

What they have done in years prior to last is that once you're granted an interview and complete it, they would waitlist everyone, but last year they said that they were no doing that because the lists were very lengthy, so they will decline some after interviews, waitlist some, and accept the rest. That is what they did last year, so I would assume they are doing the same this year?

Hopefully this is helpful :)
Thank you!!

I completed my interview on the 15th and also interviewed last application cycle. I agree with what SunshineSophie said above but also wanted to add that nerves are completely normal.

Despite interviewing last year, I think I was just as nervous this year haha. Anyways, I wanted to say: don't try to ignore your nerves. Instead, welcome them and do your best to roll with them! If you do get a bit overwhelmed during your interview, just take a second between questions. You can take a mini-break between questions since the next question will not present itself/start until you hit the "next" button, so if you need to take a step away to calm your nerves, do that.

I listened to some of my favorite songs between questions or would step out of the room to go and pet my cats to help calm my nerves and it really did help.

Wishing you nothing but the best in your interview :)

Just did my MMI today. I'm very hard on myself so take this with a grain of salt but I do feel like I botched the first question. I had good points bulleted on a piece of paper, but when the timer ticked down and I was ready to start talking, I got extremely red and nervous and started word vomiting my points without really connecting them. Then I stared at my paper and said "um..." and actually said "oh gosh I'm so nervous" and nervously laughed but then I sort of just started over and my words and thoughts started flowing much more nicely. So I do think I redeemed myself but the first like minute of the question is probs painful to watch lol. I think the other 7 questions went really well though. Did anyone have a similar experience or some words of encouragement? Hoping the first question is slightly standardized because I'm sure it's everyone's worst response since it's the first one!

• Care
Just did my MMI today. I'm very hard on myself so take this with a grain of salt but I do feel like I botched the first question. I had good points bulleted on a piece of paper, but when the timer ticked down and I was ready to start talking, I got extremely red and nervous and started word vomiting my points without really connecting them. Then I stared at my paper and said "um..." and actually said "oh gosh I'm so nervous" and nervously laughed but then I sort of just started over and my words and thoughts started flowing much more nicely. So I do think I redeemed myself but the first like minute of the question is probs painful to watch lol. I think the other 7 questions went really well though. Did anyone have a similar experience or some words of encouragement? Hoping the first question is slightly standardized because I'm sure it's everyone's worst response since it's the first one!
You’re not alone! Except I can’t remember if it was the 3rd or 4th question for me. I think we’re all just too hard on ourselves and are our worst critics. I’m sure you did great! Only one out of eight questions shouldn’t affect points too badly and it definitely doesn’t determine who you truly are as a person!

Last edited:
  • Care
You’re not alone! Except I can’t remember if it was the 3rd or 4th question for me. I think we’re all just too hard on ourselves and are our worst critics. I’m sure you did great! Only one out of eight questions shouldn’t affect points too badly and it definitely doesn’t determine who you truly are as a person!
thank you this made me feel a lot better!

thank you this made me feel a lot better!
Yeah I just took it and botched one or two questions. I just wasn’t ready for the prompt to be that specific 😅 But when i interviewed last year (different school same format) i thought i did horrible but after doing a file review i found out i scored above average for the interview. I think we probably did fine but are just over thinking things

It definitely wasn't bad, but I did horrible on one of the questions. I didn't read it properly/understand it during prep, and then basically went back and forth between two different scenarios🙃 I had a feeling of what it was talking about, but my mind was all over the place at that point. So that has been bothering me lol.

Yeah I just took it and botched one or two questions. I just wasn’t ready for the prompt to be that specific 😅 But when i interviewed last year (different school same format) i thought i did horrible but after doing a file review i found out i scored above average for the interview. I think we probably did fine but are just over thinking things
I agree with this-
I interviewed with VMCVM last year and did pretty well on my interviews first try. I had never interviewed with any other vet schoolor did any prep or the MMI questions and still did well! I felt like I did horrible, and this year I feel the same way. I think that most applicants probably feel this way since there are such high stakes with getting into vet school. Just try to stay active in other things during this waiting period! It's the waiting that is the most killer.

We got updates on Feb 17 last year with acceptance/waitlist/rejections. Good luck to all!

• Care
I agree with this-
I interviewed with VMCVM last year and did pretty well on my interviews first try. I had never interviewed with any other vet schoolor did any prep or the MMI questions and still did well! I felt like I did horrible, and this year I feel the same way. I think that most applicants probably feel this way since there are such high stakes with getting into vet school. Just try to stay active in other things during this waiting period! It's the waiting that is the most killer.

We got updates on Feb 17 last year with acceptance/waitlist/rejections. Good luck to all!
Did you do a review of your interview last year with Dr. Pelzer over the summer? I was also waitlisted MD last year and found my review with her extremely helpful!

I agree with this-

Same here! It was my only interview last year and I had no idea coming out of it how I did. I ended up getting 4/5 points on each question so hopefully I score similar this year🤞
For anyone that doesn’t get in this cycle- the interview review is soooo helpful