VMCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here! It was my only interview last year and I had no idea coming out of it how I did. I ended up getting 4/5 points on each question so hopefully I score similar this yearšŸ¤ž
For anyone that doesnā€™t get in this cycle- the interview review is soooo helpful
Were you waitlisted last year? I see you said this is your second application but first time as IS MD right? Were you OOS last year?What waitlist spot did you occupy? I have so many questions about people who are in similar boats as me! Last year I was IS MD waitlist #7. This year Iā€™m IS VA and got an interview again. Fingers crossed for everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Were you waitlisted last year? I see you said this is your second application but first time as IS MD right? Were you OOS last year?What waitlist spot did you occupy? I have so many questions about people who are in similar boats as me! Last year I was IS MD waitlist #7. This year Iā€™m IS VA and got an interview again. Fingers crossed for everybody!
I was OOS last year (lived in PA) and waitlist #41 or something like that. I know during my interview review she said I wouldā€™ve had a much better shot getting in if I was an IS so hopefully thatā€™s true this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, you were waitlist #7 and it didn't move...? I thought the list moves quite a bit...I thought number 7 is a great waitlist number?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, you were waitlist #7 and it didn't move...? I thought the list moves quite a bit...I thought number 7 is a great waitlist number?
No, I never got in unfortunately. I thought #7 was good too! Iā€™ve seen someone else say Shelby told them the MD waitlist can move anywhere between 2-12 spots. Another person on this forum was MD waitlist #3 last year and theyā€™re now a reapplicant this year too. It really depends on the year and pool of applicants. Hereā€™s to good news soon though!

It definitely depends on the school and the year! I was waitlisted OOS at Wisconsin number 144 and it moved until I got to spot 50. IS vs OOS makes a huge difference too as not many people give up their in state schools

Reactions: 1 users
No, I never got in unfortunately. I thought #7 was good too! Iā€™ve seen someone else say Shelby told them the MD waitlist can move anywhere between 2-12 spots. Another person on this forum was MD waitlist #3 last year and theyā€™re now a reapplicant this year too. It really depends on the year and pool of applicants. Hereā€™s to good news soon though!

This was the same for me last year. I was number 3 and it just never moved

was it just me or did anyone else feel super unprepared during the interview questions even with preparation?

was it just me or did anyone else feel super unprepared during the interview questions even with preparation?
100% same. Like i said above some of the questions were so oddly specific i blanked for the first 10 seconds of recording šŸ˜­

2nd time interviewing IS MD. Wishing everyone the best, while we wait in anticipation! I don't have high expectations for myself based on my answers, but I will try not to think about it lol. FYI last time rejects and accepts were given Feb 17 2023

• Care
  • Love
2nd time interviewing IS MD. Wishing everyone the best, while we wait in anticipation! I don't have high expectations for myself based on my answers, but I will try not to think about it lol. FYI last time rejects and accepts were given Feb 17 2023

Iā€™m in the SAME exact boat. Kind of worried that i did worse than last year (i was previously waitlisted) but at this point what is done is done and if itā€™s meant to be it will happen.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any reccomendations for online courses in medical terminology that I can start within the next week? Thank you in advance!!

Does anyone have any reccomendations for online courses in medical terminology that I can start within the next week? Thank you in advance!!
I did Colorado state online last year- super easy

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who was rejected sign up for application review? Iā€™m so pumped to learn what I did wrong

I set mine up for next week. I really appreciate them taking the initiative to reach out with 1:1 feedback sessions when so many schools arenā€™t providing any at all this cycle honestly

I set mine up for next week. I really appreciate them taking the initiative to reach out with 1:1 feedback sessions when so many schools arenā€™t providing any at all this cycle honestly
fr most schools just sent me a pdf and said, "Compare your application to this." Like fam I did compare my application to your adorable little pdf and it was so informative; I appreciate how it told me absolutely nothing about why I failed to get in haha

One of the other schools Iā€™m applying to was just confirmed to be releasing acceptances/rejections Feb 2nd. Does anyone know when Virginia releases thereā€™s or a rough idea? Going nuts with the waiting

One of the other schools Iā€™m applying to was just confirmed to be releasing acceptances/rejections Feb 2nd. Does anyone know when Virginia releases thereā€™s or a rough idea? Going nuts with the waiting
Last year was 2/17

They said around Valentineā€™s day

I did my file review the other day and they literally said I got full points on all areas of my app but the GPA...if anyone needs me I'll be traveling back in time to throttle my depressed undiagnosed ADHD undergrad self for not going to class the better part of a decade ago šŸ˜’

Definitely recommend doing one even if you don't plan on reapplying to VMCVM in particular though! I'm still on the fence, but the feedback was really helpful.

• Care
Who did you hear say this and when was it? Iā€™m so anxious I literally had a dream last night about hearing back

As a second year applicant, they sent out on feb 17th lady year. the year before was around valentineā€™s day as well. They may have said it in one of the info sessions? but i canā€™t remember

Who did you hear say this and when was it? Iā€™m so anxious I literally had a dream last night about hearing back
Haha! I watched their info session they had regarding the interview and such.

Anyone heard any updates on when weā€™ll hear about acceptances? Iā€™m already going crazy waitingšŸ˜…

Anyone heard any updates on when weā€™ll hear about acceptances? Iā€™m already going crazy waitingšŸ˜…
I remember when I turned in the assessment, there was an approximate date for results but can't seem to find it now. Maybe I was imagining things. Somehow I remember late February..

I remember when I turned in the assessment, there was an approximate date for results but can't seem to find it now. Maybe I was imagining things. Somehow I remember late February..
Pretty sure they said mid-late February in the post interview video

Usually the week of Valentine's Day is when they let us know.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone this week! I am going to mentally prepare myself to refill the VMCAS application again 3rd time LOL!

Reactions: 4 users
I woke up stressedšŸ« šŸ« šŸ« 
Good luck everyone!!

Last year emails came out Friday around 5 so I wouldnā€™t worry too much yet!

Yeah I feel like they won't release before Wednesday b/c in the info session they said Valentine's Day

I really thought it'd be today tbh, but guess not. I couldn't sleep last night so I went back through threads and compiled release dates for the past 5 years. I may be going a bit crazy

2019: Monday (Feb 11)
2020: Wednesday (Feb 12)
2021: December (no interviews)
2022: Monday (Feb 28)
2023: Friday (Feb 17)

Last edited:
I really thought it'd be today tbh, but guess not. I couldn't sleep last night so I went back through threads and compiled release dates for the past 5 years. I may be going a bit crazy

2019: Monday (Feb 11)
2020: Wednesday (Feb 12)
2021: December (no interviews)
2022: Monday (Feb 28)
2023: Friday (Feb 17)
You are not alone

Feb 6, 2015;

Feb 10, 2016;

Feb 9, 2017.

February 13 2018,

feb 12 2020

You are not alone

Feb 6, 2015;

Feb 10, 2016;

Feb 9, 2017.

February 13 2018,

feb 12 2020

iā€™ve just convinced myself friday and then if it comes sooner itā€™s a pleasant (hopefully) surprise

iā€™ve just convinced myself friday and then if it comes sooner itā€™s a pleasant (hopefully) surprise
That's what I'm trying to do, not working great though lol. My mom is convinced it'll be tomorrow because 13 is her lucky number but I disagree

Anyone thinking today??
I think itā€™ll be tomorrow. Theyā€™ve never historically released it on a Thursday and itā€™s easier to leave the office for the weekend after decisions have been released. I just hope itā€™s this week though.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess not today then šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜Ŗ

• Sad
Does anyone know about what time itā€™s been in previous years?