VMCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Best of luck to everyone, hoping we hear today! I'm preparing for the worst though because that interview was brutal for me

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
They sent interview decisions last year and this year as well as final decisions last year at 4pm ET so I would expect anything until then!

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent interview decisions last year and this year as well as final decisions last year at 4pm ET so I would expect anything until then!
Do they also tell you your spot on the waitlist if applicable? If you know

Just remember guys it may not be today-and that’s okay ❤️

As I saw on some other post, remember to take care of yourself. Cry if you get in, cry if you don’t. Drink a glass of wine if you do, drink one of you don’t. There’s always next year. Everything happens for a reason and don’t give up :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do they also tell you your spot on the waitlist if applicable? If you know
Yes! Decisions came out on 2/17 and they emailed us on 4/3 with our waitlist rank (they told us the date they would send the rank on the initial email).
OOS and IS are ranked in their separate pools.
I was waitlisted OOS 46 and they sent out another email June 29th saying the class was full, so I’m not sure how many were called off, but like every other school it varies year to year.
I will say for anyone denied or waitlisted- they had individual interview reviews where you could set up a zoom to go over your interview and the feedback given from the reviewers, with tips on exactly what they are looking for.

• Care
IS alternate :( does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Prob not much for IS

Members don't see this ad :)
IS VA acceptance!!! This is my second cycle, last year I was IS MD alternative. Don’t lose hope yet for those of you that did not receive a definite acceptance.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS alternate :( does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Prob not much for IS
I think I’ll be declining my IS spot for a school that offers more in my field… not sure if MD and VA are together or not

I think I’ll be declining my IS spot for a school that offers more in my field… not sure if MD and VA are together or not
What school/ field are you interested in if you don’t mind me asking? Congrats on the acceptance!

Alternate! I’m from WV so I’m assuming it’s an alternate for a WV contract seat?

OOS acceptance (NC) I was just starting to lose hope. So happy

OOS alternate! Does anyone know how much the OOS alternate list moved last year?

Accepted 😭😭😭 this was my third cycle!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
how many alterantes do you guys think they have? I couldn't find anything on the past forums.

how many alterantes do you guys think they have? I couldn't find anything on the past forums.

they didn’t specify last year
in years before then it was everyone that interviewed got waitlisted but this was reduced last year so the waitlists weren’t as long

For OOS if thats what you mean I think 250 interviewed, 48 of that got accepted, so that leaves at most 202 people

IS MD waitlist... last year I was rejected so I guess improvement. But I don't want to do the interview review again due to the shame lol. But yeah really wish we didn't have to wait until April to see our ranking. I will count this as a rejection for now because no way I am mentally waiting until April for a low rank lol!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone! Is there a groupchat for accepted/alternate students?

Does anyone have an idea of when the accepted students day / info session will be? I know they said they would send out a separate email later but just trying to figure out general scheduling.

Does anyone have an idea of when the accepted students day / info session will be? I know they said they would send out a separate email later but just trying to figure out general scheduling.
I did some digging on facebook from last year and one of the options was March 31st but that's the only one I could find. Maybe one or two more options the week(s) before or after? I am hoping they send it out soon so I can start planning haha

I did some digging on facebook from last year and one of the options was March 31st but that's the only one I could find. Maybe one or two more options the week(s) before or after?
Great - thanks! Seems a bit late but I guess that's just how it is!

Any other OOS alternates? I feel like I’m on an island 🫤 on this forum at least lol

• Hmm
MD IS acceptance!! This is my 4th or 5th (idk anymore lol) cycle! I’ll be headed to Blacksburg with my fiancé and my son will be turning 1 in august. Any other mommas joining the 2028 class?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if VaMd has a dress code or required color for scrubs?
No dress code, but they frown upon wearing crop tops and such to class. Clients are now allowed back into the teaching hospital and sometimes meander over to the commons due to Space Rabbit Coffee, so don't look like a homeless person. I generally wore leggings and a sweater during the didactic years.

Historically each class has had a designated scrub color that you vote on, but they haven't been enforcing it in the teaching hospital. Maybe they'll go away from the specific color entirely eventually? More importantly we have a clinician's jacket color, which for my class is grey. Generally the first years take on the jacket color of the fourth years and buy hand-me-down jackets.

No dress code, but they frown upon wearing crop tops and such to class. Clients are now allowed back into the teaching hospital and sometimes meander over to the commons due to Space Rabbit Coffee, so don't look like a homeless person. I generally wore leggings and a sweater during the didactic years.

Historically each class has had a designated scrub color that you vote on, but they haven't been enforcing it in the teaching hospital. Maybe they'll go away from the specific color entirely eventually? More importantly we have a clinician's jacket color, which for my class is grey. Generally the first years take on the jacket color of the fourth years and buy hand-me-down jackets.
Got it, thank you for this info! This is a bit of a specific question not sure if you'll be able to answer, but I was curious if VaMd has an opportunities with small animal (dogs specifically) in sports medicine? I was seeing/reading quite a bit about equine sports medicine at the school but not seeing much about dog sport med which is one of my interests

Got it, thank you for this info! This is a bit of a specific question not sure if you'll be able to answer, but I was curious if VaMd has an opportunities with small animal (dogs specifically) in sports medicine? I was seeing/reading quite a bit about equine sports medicine at the school but not seeing much about dog sport med which is one of my interests
I know we have a small animal rehab but I’m not sure how busy the service is (I’m a large animal person). I believe the technician who runs it only works part time? But I’m not 100% sure.

We do get externals during clinical year and what you use them for is relatively flexible, so you could use some of that time to go to a rehab practice/facility.

You're invited to my new group 'VMCVM c/o 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
IMG_6162.jpg