Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure the way gyngyn sees movement is by looking at the new acceptances that have been offered to students that his school has already accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
@gyngyn (sorry this is a repost but I forgot to tag you in it) Any word on George Washington WL movement? Also, you're incredible and THANK you for all your hard work.

Reactions: 1 user
Today was such a slow day. I didn't see much WL movement anywhere. No movement at the schools I'm WL'ed at either (at least on SDN).

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tulane waitlist movement confirmed!

@gyngyn (sorry this is a repost but I forgot to tag you in it) Any word on George Washington WL movement? Also, you're incredible and THANK you for all your hard work.
Not this AM. I review all movement I can see and report in the morning.

No problem.

If a school seems to not have made any wait list moves at this point, is that normal? Obviously it could mean nobody on the forum heard, and there was no overlap with your school, but still I would have expected something by now

If a school seems to not have made any wait list moves at this point, is that normal? Obviously it could mean nobody on the forum heard, and there was no overlap with your school, but still I would have expected something by now
Quite normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
My state school, UMASS, started their waitlist movement yesterday.

Reactions: 3 users
@gyngyn Could you explain the difference between the April 30th and May 15th deadlines?
April 30th is the date by which accepted students should reduce to one school.
Prior to May 15th schools may report decisions "at regular intervals." After that they must be reported within 2 business days.
These rules affect different shareholders in very different ways. Was there some other deadline you were referring to?

April 30th is the date by which accepted students should reduce to one school.
Prior to May 15th schools may report decisions "at regular intervals." After that they must be reported within 2 business days.
These rules affect different shareholders in very different ways. Was there some other deadline you were referring to?

Hi gyngyn!

First -- you're awesome. I've been a part of SDN for more years than I'd care to own up to (even if it is a part of my user info), and you've always been so supportive. It's invaluable to us. Thank you.

Second -- I've always been a little confused on AAMC's language with respect to the April 30th deadline. Most of us talk about it as if it's a hard-and-fast date. But, it seems like it's only a suggestion; a courtesy thing. Do you think you might be able to clarify? I know that the school I'm waitlisted for has a May 15th deposit deadline -- I would assume some people may be holding on to multiply seats until that time.

Have a good day!

Hi gyngyn!

First -- you're awesome. I've been a part of SDN for more years than I'd care to own up to (even if it is a part of my user info), and you've always been so supportive. It's invaluable to us. Thank you.

Second -- I've always been a little confused on AAMC's language with respect to the April 30th deadline. Most of us talk about it as if it's a hard-and-fast date. But, it seems like it's only a suggestion; a courtesy thing. Do you think you might be able to clarify? I know that the school I'm waitlisted for has a May 15th deposit deadline -- I would assume some people may be holding on to multiply seats until that time.

Have a good day!

I've been hearing the same thing as well....

UConn is moving too, someone was accepted from their high priority list yesterday

Will start by echo-ing my thanks for your support and guidance in this process.

Can you please clarify what you mean by decisions - 2 business days from what? From the schools which are still interviewing? Or did you mean students have 2 business days after getting off waitlists?

Thank you!

I thought this week was going to be a huge flood of movement....the wait continues. Good luck all!

Reactions: 3 users
Will start by echo-ing my thanks for your support and guidance in this process.

Can you please clarify what you mean by decisions - 2 business days from what? From the schools which are still interviewing? Or did you mean students have 2 business days after getting off waitlists?

Thank you!
Up until May 15th schools may make offers (of any type) and let AMCAS know about their decisions at "reasonable intervals" (e.g. weekly). After May 15th we must notify AMCAS within 2 business days.
Students are still given up to two weeks to consider new offers at this point. This is why there are "waves" of waitlist movement at individual schools. In two weeks the newly accepted will either stay or go and new offers will be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
ee
Hi gyngyn!

Have a good day!
The April 30th traffic day is designed to begin the inevitable process of fine tuning the classes at all schools.
In years past, it was common to see candidates hold at least two schools for weeks after the deadline while considering financial aid.
Lately, more schools seem to be demanding decisions immediately (even before all financial aid offers have been finalized).
As long as you have communicated with the schools you are holding and they have agreed that more time is needed, there should be no problem.
I will admit that this is the first year I have seen schools threaten to rescind scholarships if an instant decision were not made.

@gyngyn any movement from Columbia or Yale?

Thanks!!
I post all movement (that I can see) on the morning post. Sorry, nothing today from either.
Alert: I do not check AMCAS over the weekend!

Albany is moving.

Reactions: 2 users
FIU has been moving a bit. Got confirmations from earlier this week, and today.

Seems like alternate lists just went out for IUSM today! (at least a few)

Not this AM. I review all movement I can see and report in the morning.
@gyngyn, what do u mean by "all movement you can see"? Are there schools you can't see? Are the acceptance offers time stamped so that you know whether or not it's a recent acceptance from the waitlist?

@gyngyn, what do u mean by "all movement you can see"? Are there schools you can't see? Are the acceptance offers time stamped so that you know whether or not it's a recent acceptance from the waitlist?

Read the thread and you shall find the answers you seek my young padawan

Reactions: 4 users
But it could be people who were accepted in the beginning who are just now joining right?
The kid said he got in from the waitlist.

@gyngyn can you tell how many people have been accepted to Columbia during the initial round of acceptances? There have been rumors that they take anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of their class from the waitlist, so it would be interesting to see how true this is.

Anyone know if being accepted already has an impact in whether schools will likely or less likely take you off the wait list?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

@gyngyn can you tell how many people have been accepted to Columbia during the initial round of acceptances? There have been rumors that they take anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of their class from the waitlist, so it would be interesting to see how true this is.
I can only see if Columbia has offered a new acceptance to someone we have accepted (or waitlisted).

I can see where our accepted students (and waitlisted) have been offered new acceptances on a daily basis. I do not check by school, but rather by student. Thus, I can only see movement at schools where there is significant overlap in application patterns.

Hawaii's thread has been dead... I wish I knew how much movement there was there.

I can see where our accepted students (and waitlisted) have been offered new acceptances on a daily basis. I do not check by school, but rather by student. Thus, I can only see movement at schools where there is significant overlap in application patterns.

Thank you for taking the time to do this! Earlier in the thread, someone posted that Yale's waitlist has started moving. Did you happen to see any? (If not, I presume there was only minimal movement today.)

Thank you for taking the time to do this! Earlier in the thread, someone posted that Yale's waitlist has started moving. Did you happen to see any? (If not, I presume there was only minimal movement today.)
I saw nothing today.
I include all visible movement in my AM post.

In Texas news: Baylor sent out its wait-list emails on May 2. Several out- of- state and Texas students have already been offered a spot off the Wait-list. It remains to be seen how many choose Baylor as final destination. A handful of SDN members have given up their spots at Houston, Galveston, and Baylor. No movement on UTRGV wait-list. A new Dell offer from Wait-list as well as UTSA. I don't have any inside info, just tracking the posts on SDN on Texas schools. Hang in there, the waiting should be over soon!

Reactions: 5 users