Waitlist c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llamagirl620

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of these for this year yet so I thought I'd start one. Where are my waitlisters at?

I'm waitlisted at Purdue, unknown rank

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! :hello: I'm waitlisted IS (rank #2) at Oregon State. It's my first and only choice so hopefully I hear some good news :luck: The fact that IS waitlists move way more slowly than OOS waitlists just adds to the anxiety, but I'm remaining optimistic cause that's all I can do. Best of luck to you all! We will all be vets eventually!
:woot:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted at Mississippi State and Iowa! Unknown ranks for both

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at Purdue and Kansas State so far. Still waiting on Florida and Wisconsin!

Waitlisted at Kansas state. Declining OOS acceptances to Purdue & Iowa. It was soooo very hard to make a decision quickly because those are both such amazing schools….. I just hate to drag it on knowing how much anxiety being on a waitlist causes!!! Hoping that one of y’all gets called soon!!! ❤️

Waitlisted OOS at Iowa. Hoping for the best!! This wait is anxiety inducing...

Waitlisted OOS Missouri and Mississippi, haven't heard back from a few others still. This whole thing makes it hard to plan for the future and make any decisions because we don't have ranks or decisions from all schools... :(

I've been waitlisted at 5 schools, rejected at 4, and been accepted to one. Waiting on 2 more. I want to accept my acceptance at the one school and put down the deposit, but if I get pulled off of a waitlist for a school I want more I can still go right? Like my accepting my school and putting down the deposit only helps hold my seat if I end up not getting in to my dream school.

I've been waitlisted at 5 schools, rejected at 4, and been accepted to one. Waiting on 2 more. I want to accept my acceptance at the one school and put down the deposit, but if I get pulled off of a waitlist for a school I want more I can still go right? Like my accepting my school and putting down the deposit only helps hold my seat if I end up not getting in to my dream school.
You might lose your deposit after that school if you change your mind after April 15, but you should still be able to accept a position off the waitlist at another school

You might lose your deposit after that school if you change your mind after April 15, but you should still be able to accept a position off the waitlist at another school
Yeah I figured I would lose the deposit but I'm willing to sacrifice that for my dream school 😂 I was trying to accept an offer and they just didn't specify the conditions of my acceptance and how I might go about withdrawing if I decide to go somewhere else so I was a little concerned. If that happens do I just email them?

Yeah I figured I would lose the deposit but I'm willing to sacrifice that for my dream school 😂 I was trying to accept an offer and they just didn't specify the conditions of my acceptance and how I might go about withdrawing if I decide to go somewhere else so I was a little concerned. If that happens do I just email them?
I'm pretty sure you can just email them of your decision to withdraw if you decide to go elsewhere! They would very much appreciate it, and I'm certain that applicants with situations like yours are not uncommon at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm on the Ohio State OOS waitlist #42, really hoping it moves far down this year

OOS waitlisted at Kansas and Missouri! Still waiting to hear back from a few more schools.

edit: OOS watlist for Tuskegee (but removed myself) and IS waitlist for VA-MD )':

Last edited:
OOS waitlist for ohio… eek. still waiting to hear from my IS school

OOS waitlisted at Kansas and Missouri! Still waiting to hear back from a few more schools
I’m also OOS waitlisted at Kansas and Missouri. I have acceptance to my IS, but I really love Mizzou…

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’m also OOS waitlisted at Kansas and Missouri. I have acceptance to my IS, but I really love Mizzou…
I really liked Kansas 🥺 But also had high hopes for Mizzou.

I've seen your other posts tho, So congrats on your acceptance!!

• Love
Waitlist at a few schools , hoping to hear back 😭

Texas Tech : IS
Iowa : OOS
Mississippi: OOS
LMU : OOS - Still waiting to hear back after interviewing

Last edited:
Really hoping to get pulled off of Mizzou waitlist 🤞

I’m waitlisted at UMN (OOS in the 30s), and since they don’t take you off of it until after April 15, it felt like a rejection lol. Made me realize how much I wanted to go to UMN. I’ll have to see what happens ig

• Care
I’m waitlisted at UMN (OOS in the 30s), and since they don’t take you off of it until after April 15, it felt like a rejection lol. Made me realize how much I wanted to go to UMN. I’ll have to see what happens ig
I feel you except I’m OOS waitlisted in the 40s and have no acceptances anywhere. I don’t know how I’ll make it to April 15th and what I’ll do when I don’t get in lol

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist at any school? None of mine have ranks so I have no idea unless I get called off.

I feel you except I’m OOS waitlisted in the 40s and have no acceptances anywhere. I don’t know how I’ll make it to April 15th and what I’ll do when I don’t get in lol
I’m assuming you already accepted the waitlist spot, but think IF you’re not accepted not WHEN... there’s is still a chance. And I’m not sure if this is the case for you, but I loved my vet experiences just as much as I think I’ll love being a vet... so if I had more time to get experiences I would look for an opportunity I won’t get again (this summer I’m planning on working in wildlife rehab and conservation research). Sorry for the unsolicited advice, this post turned out longer than I thought. And this advice goes for anyone ITT worried about waitlist and possibly another cycle. Ok I’ll shut my mouth now 🤐

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m assuming you already accepted the waitlist spot, but think IF you’re not accepted not WHEN... there’s is still a chance. And I’m not sure if this is the case for you, but I loved my vet experiences just as much as I think I’ll love being a vet... so if I had more time to get experiences I would look for an opportunity I won’t get again (this summer I’m planning on working in wildlife rehab and conservation research). Sorry for the unsolicited advice, this post turned out longer than I thought. And this advice goes for anyone ITT worried about waitlist and possibly another cycle. Ok I’ll shut my mouth now 🤐
No, you’re good! Thanks for the advice! It’s just that I’m hoping to move beyond only cleaning enclosures, preparing food, and restraining animals to the more in depth and fascinating aspects of animal medicine.

I’m also just curious why you prefer Minnesota over penn vet? Penn seems to have an excellent program and with the new 2 + 2 curriculum it seems like it will provide more hands on experiences and training than Minnesota’s traditional 3 + 1 program where most time is spent in the classroom.

is anybody else mentally struggling through this whole process? this was my first cycle and i had really high hopes i'd get in, i truly believed i had a very competitive application... yet i've received 4 rejections and 1 waitlist. it's completely shattered me and my anxiety has skyrocketed. i feel like all the sacrifices i've made and my hard work has all been for nothing, or that in the end i never tried hard enough like those who have gotten accepted. idk who to talk to about this. i'm still waiting on three more schools but i've lost all hope i had left. it's been hard and i'm beginning to question my place in all this.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
is anybody else mentally struggling through this whole process? this was my first cycle and i had really high hopes i'd get in, i truly believed i had a very competitive application... yet i've received 4 rejections and 1 waitlist. it's completely shattered me and my anxiety has skyrocketed. i feel like all the sacrifices i've made and my hard work has all been for nothing, or that in the end i never tried hard enough like those who have gotten accepted. idk who to talk to about this. i'm still waiting on three more schools but i've lost all hope i had left. it's been hard and i'm beginning to question my place in all this.
I know, it can be completely disheartening. When I applied last year my transcripts were messed up so I wasn't verified. I applied to 11 programs...All I can say is reapply! Call the schools and ask why they told you no. If you need to improve grades, take a few classes and bust butt. Need experience? Shadow or work at a clinic. Don't let it put you down. One of the best vets I know, who is now a state USDA vet, got rejected 5 times before getting in. Persevere and never give up on yourself or your dreams.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I am definitely struggling. I didn't have high hopes in the beginning as I am always very hard on myself and didn't think I had any chances no matter what I did. One thing I've been trying to tell myself is that all schools are looking for something different and only have limited spots, so just because you get a rejection or waitlisted doesn't mean you aren't good enough or you wouldn't make a great vet. This process is hard and there just simply isn't enough spots, but you are still just as worthy.

Many others (including myself) are in the same boat and I feel for you. Don't give up, you've worked so hard and this does not determine your potential or your future, it just might be pushed off until the next cycle. I'm rooting for you! :giggle:

• Care
This is my third cycle, and I would like to say it gets easier, but it’s truly a different battle each time. Not only are you applying against different people each year, but each applicant is assumably growing their experience each year too. If you need to apply again, the best thing to do is understand that it’s not IF you will get in, just WHEN. I was denied my first time, waitlisted at a non-interview school last year, and waitlisted after interviews this year. It’s hard, but I know I’ve made progress each time and I will eventually be given a chance in a program. I’ve also tried to think of it as, “I’m waiting for the program that truly values what I offer to the profession.” That has helped me get through the process so far. We got this, just hang in there and keep your spirits up! This is a community and none of us are ever alone in this struggle.

• Care
  • Love
I feel that. It's been a struggle every day. All the waiting has made my anxiety skyrocket. Don't lose hope tho! You have gotten this far already which means that you definitely DO have the potential. Just to get on a waitlist means you have beaten out hundreds of other applicants. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep your head up!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
This is my second cycle. I applied to a lot of schools and thusly received a lot of rejections. My first round I was rejected from 8 schools no interviews and It did feel like a hit to my hard work. I'd given up a lot in regards to my personal life in favor of balancing experiences, school, service work, etc to build my application. What really helped me was really that its not that I'm unqualified but that lots of people are qualified. What I can really do is continue to plan ahead and make more opportunities for myself and show growth. Growth is what will set me apart from everyone else who only had to go one round of it. Every step of the way I am working towards my future, its not a matter of if, but when. This year I've been accepted to one of the 12 schools I applied to. And I truly think without my focus on growth I wouldn't have been let in. It's like everyone said, its when, not if. Keep planning on how to be a better/more rounded applicant and you will always be moving toward your dream

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, so I feel like a jerk asking this because I know so many haven't been given a seat yet or were rejected. I was accepted to SGU for the fall, but I'm waitlisted at 3 schools, and waiting to hear back from 1. I need some honest advice. The idea of going to SGU is amazing but I'm scared about the cost, the distance and I honestly just plan on transferring after a year anyways. Nothing against SGU but it is honestly at the bottom of my list, due to the previously stated reasons. That being said, do I go ahead and accept SGU seat and cross my fingers that I get pulled off the waitlist elsewhere. Or do I just decline and if I don't get accepted off the waitlist elsewhere, just reapply. Please, any help will be great appreciated.

Thank you to those that have provided some reassuring words, i'm glad to know i'm not alone in this even if it's virtually, knowing others are going through the same thing. I have a lot to think about, but rest assured i'm not going to give up.

• Care
Hey guys, so I feel like a jerk asking this because I know so many haven't been given a seat yet or were rejected. I was accepted to SGU for the fall, but I'm waitlisted at 3 schools, and waiting to hear back from 1. I need some honest advice. The idea of going to SGU is amazing but I'm scared about the cost, the distance and I honestly just plan on transferring after a year anyways. Nothing against SGU but it is honestly at the bottom of my list, due to the previously stated reasons. That being said, do I go ahead and accept SGU seat and cross my fingers that I get pulled off the waitlist elsewhere. Or do I just decline and if I don't get accepted off the waitlist elsewhere, just reapply. Please, any help will be great appreciated.

So long as you are starting Fall 2022, you should have until April 15th to accept your seat at SGU, so you can wait until closer to then. Even if you do accept the SGU offer, if you are called off of a waitlist at a different school, you can still accept that seat, you will just lose the deposit $$ at SGU.

I am in the same boat, though this is my third cycle. I have been in this situation before, and I declined my seat in hopes of saving a deposit and being pulled off a waitlist.
It’s hard to say whether I regret it or not. If I get in state side this cycle, then I will say it’s all worth it, but I do also wish I would have just gone the first time around and now been heading into my third and final year on the island.
I also have met many doctors who went to the island schools, and they are some of the most talented doctors at my practice. I did not have this great impression of the island schools before this cycle.
While I hope to go in the states still (I have no in state so if you have one this may be a different story), it is only because of not wanting to figure out how to get my 3 cats out there and because I plan to apply for the army scholarship, which is only available to vet students at US vet schools. I have found that SGU is an incredible school and, though more inconvenient than a state side school, it’s going to get you to your dream of being a vet.
I’m not going to tell you what to do, as clearly I’m someone who has done both, but I hope my perspective can help in some way!

So long as you are starting Fall 2022, you should have until April 15th to accept your seat at SGU, so you can wait until closer to then. Even if you do accept the SGU offer, if you are called off of a waitlist at a different school, you can still accept that seat, you will just lose the deposit $$ at SGU.
Yes that is my main plan, I'm just not sure when I make my cut off. Like if it is June and I still haven't heard back from anywhere else do I go full steam ahead for SGU? I'm honestly fine if another school calls me the weekend before orientation, but I know it will be a difficult time crunch.

Hey! :hello: I'm waitlisted IS (rank #2) at Oregon State. It's my first and only choice so hopefully I hear some good news :luck: The fact that IS waitlists move way more slowly than OOS waitlists just adds to the anxiety, but I'm remaining optimistic cause that's all I can do. Best of luck to you all! We will all be vets eventually!
:woot:
Congrats! I'm #5 in-state, will you update if you move or get any news from Tess? Really hoping I'll get in and won't have to apply again.

Congrats! I'm #5 in-state, will you update if you move or get any news from Tess? Really hoping I'll get in and won't have to apply again.
Thanks! It's nice to hear from a fellow IS alternate. My waitlist status hasn't changed since decisions first came out, but I'll definitely post an update if I hear back! Congrats to you for making it this far as well; fingers crossed for the both of us! :xf:

Hi I am waitlisted for RVC's 4 year and 5 year program. My rank is unknown. Does anyone have any experience with this or know somebody who was on their waitlist, and eventually given a seat or stats related to this ? I tried looking at previous treads and did not find much information regarding this. Congrats to to everyone who has made it this far, hopefully we will get in!

No, you’re good! Thanks for the advice! It’s just that I’m hoping to move beyond only cleaning enclosures, preparing food, and restraining animals to the more in depth and fascinating aspects of animal medicine.

I’m also just curious why you prefer Minnesota over penn vet? Penn seems to have an excellent program and with the new 2 + 2 curriculum it seems like it will provide more hands on experiences and training than Minnesota’s traditional 3 + 1 program where most time is spent in the classroom.
My preference changes everyday lol. I LOVE Penn Vet's 2+2 curriculum, especially how (they say) the anatomy, clinical pathology, etc. are incorporated when learning a specific body system (rather than separate classes for anatomy, clinical pathology, etc.). But I'm really interested in wildlife medicine, and the raptor center and wildlife clinic at UMN appeals to me a lot, while Penn Vet has limited resources (the only one I can think of is the Philly Zoo and like 1-2 electives). I also guess I have this parasocial relationship with UMN since I went to a lot of their explore UMN talks. But at the same time, UMN location is not ideal, and I like the location of Philly a lot.

This is all that goes through my head everyday and I can't decide! I'm waiting to see what happens with waitlist (and also Tufts decision), but at the end of the day I will get a DVM (or VMD) by the end of it.

Reactions: 2 users
My preference changes everyday lol. I LOVE Penn Vet's 2+2 curriculum, especially how (they say) the anatomy, clinical pathology, etc. are incorporated when learning a specific body system (rather than separate classes for anatomy, clinical pathology, etc.). But I'm really interested in wildlife medicine, and the raptor center and wildlife clinic at UMN appeals to me a lot, while Penn Vet has limited resources (the only one I can think of is the Philly Zoo and like 1-2 electives). I also guess I have this parasocial relationship with UMN since I went to a lot of their explore UMN talks. But at the same time, UMN location is not ideal, and I like the location of Philly a lot.

This is all that goes through my head everyday and I can't decide! I'm waiting to see what happens with waitlist (and also Tufts decision), but at the end of the day I will get a DVM (or VMD) by the end of it.
Between Kansas (small zoo, exotics certification, etc), Mississippi (marine mammals options), UMN ( raptor/wildlife clinic), and tufts (holy grail of wildlife conservation), how would you order them from most to least to most appealing from a wildlife and conservation perspective? ATM I'm thinking from least to most id say Mississippi, Kansas, UMN, Tufts...but I'd like other people's input

Between Kansas (small zoo, exotics certification, etc), Mississippi (marine mammals options), UMN ( raptor/wildlife clinic), and tufts (holy grail of wildlife conservation), how would you order them from most to least to most appealing from a wildlife and conservation perspective? ATM I'm thinking from least to most id say Mississippi, Kansas, UMN, Tufts...but I'd like other people's input
*Not me learning about Mississippi via this post lmao*
Since I did not apply to Mississippi nor Kansas this cycle, but still researched Kansas moderately, I will rank from the most to least appealing SOLELY on wildlife and conservation medicine as:
Tufts, UMN, (Cornell), Kansas
Tufts, I think, has a great set-up for conservation medicine (an MS in conservation medicine, signature opportunity, wildlife clinic); UMN has the raptor center, Como zoo, and wildlife clinic; and Kansas has a zoo nearby (I think), but I like Kansas' diagnostics lab more (may also be because I haven't heard of others diagnostics lab so upfront). Cornell I put in there because I like their exotic / wildlife program too (unsure if it is a formal program or not). The above ranks are also based on what I think now, which places UMN higher than what I thought of UMN before hearing back :(

Including other considerations, like location, student life, student perception on the program, and how the students interact during admissions info sessions (small yet informative), I would say: UMN, Tufts, Kansas. I really liked every interaction I had with UMN (except for interview), and I love the SIRVS extracurricular (I am not a big fan of the location though, solely because it is FREEZING), the student I was put in contact with to learn more about UMN said such great things about UMN and truly seemed to be enjoying it there; I had a great interview at Tufts and admissions was nice, however the students were not really engaging and felt very disjointed as a student community (location is kind of away from everything, which I both like and dislike, since I like being in suburb/rural most of the time, but also like being near a city other times); Kansas I didn't apply to, but the location is meh, and I cannot comment on the admissions staff or student body.

I am by no means an expert lol this is just what I've found as striking or apparent when researching these colleges.

*Not me learning about Mississippi via this post lmao*
Since I did not apply to Mississippi nor Kansas this cycle, but still researched Kansas moderately, I will rank from the most to least appealing SOLELY on wildlife and conservation medicine as:
Tufts, UMN, (Cornell), Kansas
Tufts, I think, has a great set-up for conservation medicine (an MS in conservation medicine, signature opportunity, wildlife clinic); UMN has the raptor center, Como zoo, and wildlife clinic; and Kansas has a zoo nearby (I think), but I like Kansas' diagnostics lab more (may also be because I haven't heard of others diagnostics lab so upfront). Cornell I put in there because I like their exotic / wildlife program too (unsure if it is a formal program or not). The above ranks are also based on what I think now, which places UMN higher than what I thought of UMN before hearing back :(

Including other considerations, like location, student life, student perception on the program, and how the students interact during admissions info sessions (small yet informative), I would say: UMN, Tufts, Kansas. I really liked every interaction I had with UMN (except for interview), and I love the SIRVS extracurricular (I am not a big fan of the location though, solely because it is FREEZING), the student I was put in contact with to learn more about UMN said such great things about UMN and truly seemed to be enjoying it there; I had a great interview at Tufts and admissions was nice, however the students were not really engaging and felt very disjointed as a student community (location is kind of away from everything, which I both like and dislike, since I like being in suburb/rural most of the time, but also like being near a city other times); Kansas I didn't apply to, but the location is meh, and I cannot comment on the admissions staff or student body.

I am by no means an expert lol this is just what I've found as striking or apparent when researching these colleges.
I really appreciate this! thank you so much. I really loved Kansas tbh and I think they're one of the few schools who really gave me the vibe they're changing with the times, rolling with the punches of covid, and aiming to really improve their vet school with input from the students. UMN seems like they deserve a better look from me, I just don't know that much about it but this has been so useful!

OOS waitlisted for Washington and Tennessee, and still waiting for my IS. Fingers crossed!

OOS waitlisted for Mississippi and Tennessee. Still waiting to hear from UF and NC State. Anyone know how much the UT waitlist moves?

OOS waitlist Iowa (also waiting to hear back from two schools who don't have interviews)

To any Tuskegee wait listers these upcoming months are going to be stressful af. I called the university earlier to see when we'd be able to get our wait list rank as was told "the admissions committee can't release that information."

I’ve heard the Mizzou waitlist moves a lot does anyone know how many spots it usually moves I’ve heard as much as 50 spots?

Last edited: