Waitlist c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS alternate for Tuskegee
Accepted to St. George’s in Grenada.
Trying to make the right decision!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS waitlist for Iowa
#105 waitlist for Michigan OOS

Super super nervous

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlisted (no rank) for LIU
Accepted to SGU and Ross.
I dont know if the waitlist for LIU will move at all before April 15th, which makes me contemplate putting down a deposit..

OOS waitlisted (no rank) for LIU
Accepted to SGU and Ross.
I dont know if the waitlist for LIU will move at all before April 15th, which makes me contemplate putting down a deposit..
I put down my deposit for SGU it’s definitely worth the money to at least have some where to go!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected: ISU and CSU
Wait-listed: LIU (unknown rank still) - Fingers crossed the wait-list moves as quick as they say it will!

is anybody else mentally struggling through this whole process? this was my first cycle and i had really high hopes i'd get in, i truly believed i had a very competitive application... yet i've received 4 rejections and 1 waitlist. it's completely shattered me and my anxiety has skyrocketed. i feel like all the sacrifices i've made and my hard work has all been for nothing, or that in the end i never tried hard enough like those who have gotten accepted. idk who to talk to about this. i'm still waiting on three more schools but i've lost all hope i had left. it's been hard and i'm beginning to question my place in all this.
I feel you here! I was super confident going in, and I ended up with 3 rejections and a waitlist. It made me feel awful when people would tell me "There's no doubt you'll get in!," even though I know they were just trying to be nice--it just fueled my imposter syndrome. Last year, the application pool increased by 19%-so this is not a product of you not trying enough, or that your work was all for nothing; it is just SO MUCH more competitive now than ever. Look on the brightside: if we don't get in this year, its just another year of saving money to have a better time once we are in vet school (because if you want to be a vet, you WILL be a vet, it might just take another year or so). :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I feel you here! I was super confident going in, and I ended up with 3 rejections and a waitlist. It made me feel awful when people would tell me "There's no doubt you'll get in!," even though I know they were just trying to be nice--it just fueled my imposter syndrome. Last year, the application pool increased by 19%-so this is not a product of you not trying enough, or that your work was all for nothing; it is just SO MUCH more competitive now than ever. Look on the brightside: if we don't get in this year, its just another year of saving money to have a better time once we are in vet school (because if you want to be a vet, you WILL be a vet, it might just take another year or so).
I am in the exact same boat...3 rejects and OOS waitlist. Everyone was super confident I'd get in...I have been feeing low and down on myself, because of such slim chances this year. It does make a person feel like their work wasn't good enough

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about IS waitlists? I am ranked 3/21 at LSU. I was just wondering what my chances were

you didn't ask me but I'm 26th on their waitlist, in case that's helpful
Thank you! I’ve been going between SDN and the APVMA Facebook page trying to get an estimate of how many spots I might’ve moved. I know not everyone uses these online forums and that it’s still pretty early, but it’s not looking good. :(

Thank you! I’ve been going between SDN and the APVMA Facebook page trying to get an estimate of how many spots I might’ve moved. I know not everyone uses these online forums and that it’s still pretty early, but it’s not looking good. :(
I feel you! But it fluctuates year to year and in the forum alone I've seen like 3 or so people saying they're not accepting their seats. I have hope there will be some intense shuffling after april15th

I’ve been waitlisted at Tufts, UPenn, Iowa and Colorado State (all OOS). I’m waiting to hear back from two more schools but I’m feeling a bit hopeless.

• Care
Waitlisted at Iowa, Mississippi, and Tufts. Accepted at SGU but really hoping to stay state side

Waitlisted at Michigan state OOS and accepted to Ross

Accepted at Iowa & SGU, most likely going to Iowa as of right now but waitlisted at Tufts & UW (#37), not sure what my chances are especially for Tufts to get pulled

Alternate IS UGA. If anyone has insight on how UGA’s list moves, please lmk 😭

OOS alternate for UGA (no ranking), #3 OOS alternate for Minnesota, and #34 waitlist for UC Davis. Anyone have any info on the waitlist situation for Georgia? I have already declined my Minnesota seat because I was accepted to Tufts and I would rather go there, but I would also rather go to UGA or Davis than Tufts because they're way cheaper for me.

Hey everyone. I just declined seats at Iowa State, Ohio State, and Washington State. I’ll also be taking my name off the Purdue waitlist. I know others who are going to be taking their names off as well. Hopefully this movement helps everyone out! I was waitlisted last year, it’s definitely disheartening. But they move a lot and hopefully every seat declined gives people a shot at their dream school. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS alternate for UGA! I have a couple acceptances so I'll be putting a deposit down at one of them, but still holding out hope for Georgia after April 15th! Good luck to us all

OOS alternate for UGA (no ranking), #3 OOS alternate for Minnesota, and #34 waitlist for UC Davis. Anyone have any info on the waitlist situation for Georgia? I have already declined my Minnesota seat because I was accepted to Tufts and I would rather go there, but I would also rather go to UGA or Davis than Tufts because they're way cheaper for me.
do you think you'll drop your alternate spot for Minnesota ?

IS alternate at WesternU and accepted at Ross! Really hoping to get off the waitlist for Western but not sure if that’ll happen as soon as before April 15.

Waitlisted at UPenn with no rank (OOS)
and Michigan (OOS) #121

very nervous! I just really want to be accepted this cycle !

Reactions: 3 users
Got waitlisted at Ohio State #50. Anyone think the waitlist will move that much?

I applied to 8 schools and was rejected form 6. Waitlisted for OOS Kansas and accepted for Ross. I really loved Kansas so I’m holding onto hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted:
OOS CSU
OOS Cornell
OOS Midwestern
IS MN (9)

Acceptance to Penn and RVC. Really curious how many are waitlisted at CSU, and anxiously awaiting April 15 for an update on my spot at MN!

Waitlisted:
OOS CSU
OOS Cornell
OOS Midwestern
IS MN (9)

Acceptance to Penn and RVC. Really curious how many are waitlisted at CSU, and anxiously awaiting April 15 for an update on my spot at MN!
Hi! May I ask if you are declining your acceptance at Penn, if you are pulled off somewhere else? Penn is my top school and I’m on the waitlist! If you are uncomfortable with sharing no worries at all!

Hi! May I ask if you are declining your acceptance at Penn, if you are pulled off somewhere else? Penn is my top school and I’m on the waitlist! If you are uncomfortable with sharing no worries at all!
Hi!! Yes, I'm very close to making a decision, currently leaning towards committing to RVC actually.. I know so many are waiting to be pulled from lists so I'm trying to make the decision ASAP but it's such a big one to make. Going to visit London first week in April so I will know then and will make my decision quickly :) hoping the best for you!!

• Love
Hi!! Yes, I'm very close to making a decision, currently leaning towards committing to RVC actually.. I know so many are waiting to be pulled from lists so I'm trying to make the decision ASAP but it's such a big one to make. Going to visit London first week in April so I will know then and will make my decision quickly :) hoping the best for you!!
Thank you so much!! That’s so awesome! Congrats on getting accepted!! I wish the best of luck for you!!

Hi! I was waitlisted at UF (OOS)🙁; does anyone know how fast this waitlist moves/what my chances are? Thanks!

I was waitlisted by Illinois today and I’m waitlisted by Missouri really hoping to get pulled off🥲

Accepted to Illinois OOS, waitlisted Mizzou IS. for those accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at your top choice, how are you going about the process such as with house hunting? I’d like to find a house quickly so it’s settled, but with the slight chance of me getting pulled, I don’t want to have to drop my lease and leave any roommates in a bad spot.

Accepted to Illinois OOS, waitlisted Mizzou IS. for those accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at your top choice, how are you going about the process such as with house hunting? I’d like to find a house quickly so it’s settled, but with the slight chance of me getting pulled, I don’t want to have to drop my lease and leave any roommates in a bad spot.
I don't know what else there is to do but wait. If I don't get pulled off the waitlist by mid May (or before if they email saying the class is full), I'll find a place and sign a lease. I don't want to lose a deposit and deal with a lease too! I've been looking at places but won't sign until then.

OOS Iowa - #108. I’m hopeful with the movement from the past two years but also trying to remain realistic and level-headed. Either way, grateful for where I’m at with this being my first cycle. All my others were rejections.

• Care
Hi! I was waitlisted at UF (OOS)🙁; does anyone know how fast this waitlist moves/what my chances are? Thanks!
Hey I was also waitlisted for UF (IS). Stinks they don’t share ranking but I hope we are able to come through. I was waitlisted for an interview at UF this cycle too so I am double wammy waitlisted lol I have heard OOS is easier to come off because most people will accept their IS school but I have no idea how true that is. Best of luck!

OOS waitlisted for Mississippi and Tennessee. Still waiting to hear from UF and NC State. Anyone know how much the UT waitlist moves?
It varies every year but OOS moves more than IS.

Has anyone heard from Mississippi? I'm on the waitlist and usually they make a few calls in March.
This wait is killing me but we are so close to April!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Mississippi? I'm on the waitlist and usually they make a few calls in March.
This wait is killing me but we are so close to April!
I haven't heard anything or seen anyone saying they got a call, which as you said there has been some in March in previous years. I'm wondering if they haven't started on the waitlist, if not very many people have declined their seats yet, or they've made calls but we just haven't heard about it.

I'm curious to see if we'll get an update in early April on which quartile they are in like they said we would and if so when we'd get that email. It really stresses me out not having any idea about this stuff :(

• Care