Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay!! I knew you'd get a call from them! CONGRATS!
Thanks for believing in me, haha! It just doesn't feel real yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The 15th cant come fast enough!

Waitlisted at U Minnesota (#1 OOS) , Auburn (? OOS) and UF (? IS).
You'll have no problem getting into Minnesota. They accepted up to ~#56 off the OOS waitlist last year. It's that outrageous OOS tuition...

Just found out I got off the waitlist at Tennessee :) :) :) hang in there everyone, almost to the deadline!!
CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14)

Washington State University: Kenggy (WHICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Western University of Health Sciences:

I had totally given up hope...now I have less than 6 days to decide which one to go to, and I am completely unprepared!!! AHHHHH! So excited though!!:biglove:

Reactions: 5 users
Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14)

Washington State University: Kenggy (WHICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Western University of Health Sciences:

I had totally given up hope...now I have less than 6 days to decide which one to go to, and I am completely unprepared!!! AHHHHH! So excited though!!:biglove:
What a great problem to have!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I just withdrew my name from the Iowa State alternate list, so some of you will move up (but I was pretty low on the list...). Good luck everyone!

I'm another waitlist survivor ( :xf:WesternU ) and was wondering if others are going ahead and doing file reviews at the schools they are waitlisted at or are waiting until they hear a final word. (Starting April 1st students could contact WesternU for file reviews, but I've held off, unsure of whether to do it now or wait).

Last edited:
I'm another waitlist survivor ( :xf:WesternU ) and was wondering if others are going ahead and doing file reviews at the schools they are waitlisted at or are waiting until they hear a final word. (Starting April 1st students could contact WesternU for file reviews, but I've held off, unsure of whether to do it now or wait).

I'm waitlisted at a few places and am planning to do file reviews if I don't hear from them. They don't start scheduling until after the beginning of May though.

I'd recommend it. Especially if it's a school that doesn't rank and re-evaluates all applicants when spots open up. Not sure if it would actually help, but setting up a file review earlier might help show your interest and might help you stand out.

Only reason I'm at Penn now is because I set up a file review even though I sent a deposit to another school at the time.

I would say that requesting a file review wouldn't hurt. It might even help them to see that you are actively interested in attending their program?

I'd recommend it. Especially if it's a school that doesn't rank and re-evaluates all applicants when spots open up. Not sure if it would actually help, but setting up a file review earlier might help show your interest and might help you stand out.

Only reason I'm at Penn now is because I set up a file review even though I sent a deposit to another school at the time.
That makes me sad. I requested a file review from Penn (straight up rejection), and they told me they couldn't tell me much of anything because I had gotten in elsewhere (beyond that I was being considered for an interview). Still bitter about it :p

Members don't see this ad :)
That makes me sad. I requested a file review from Penn (straight up rejection), and they told me they couldn't tell me much of anything because I had gotten in elsewhere (beyond that I was being considered for an interview). Still bitter about it :p

Weird. Was this before or after the May 1st (or whatever date) deadline that they ask you to wait until before scheduling? I could potentially see them not doing one if it was before then, but other than that, I have no clue as to why they still wouldn't have done one for you. I was pretty up front about that fact that I got in elsewhere but was just curious as to what went wrong. Maybe being wait listed the year before at a #2 spot changed things? :shrug:

Weird. Was this before or after the May 1st (or whatever date) deadline that they ask you to wait until before scheduling? I could potentially see them not doing one if it was before then, but other than that, I have no clue as to why they still wouldn't have done one for you. I was pretty up front about that fact that I got in elsewhere but was just curious as to what went wrong. Maybe being wait listed the year before at a #2 spot changed things? :shrug:
I believe after May 1, but I couldn't tell you for sure. They just really hated me for some reason, it seems. Hehe

I believe after May 1, but I couldn't tell you for sure. They just really hated me for some reason, it seems. Hehe
Well, Penn told a friend of mine during a preadmissions advising meeting (or something like that) that she basically had no chance of getting into vet school (not just Penn, but vet school in general)... then Ohio State went on to tell her that she had a very good chance and accepted her. Penn also called her parents after her interview (but before denying her admission) asking if they were interested in making a donation. And that's just sketchy in my opinion. Not to mention how ridiculously vague about the interview process they were the whole time. Granted, I may be biased because they were my in state and pretty much completely ignored me... And I'm from Pittsburgh and we pretty much detest anything Philadelphia related by default ;)

First post ever! Though I've been lurking on this thread basically every single day.

Just got off the phone with Jennifer Mailey- Cornell's waitlist is moving! (OOS at least)

Reactions: 2 users
Iowa State has started to go through their wait list! I was #4 and just received an offer. Not sure if I will be accepting, as I am hoping to get into Michigan State!
Are you OOS for Michigan?

Number 27 on Iowa's waitlist....I hate this waiting game! Congratulations to everyone that's in so far!

Number 27 on Iowa's waitlist....I hate this waiting game! Congratulations to everyone that's in so far!
I'm number 28! Please post when you hear!!! Good luck!

I'm waitlisted at a few places and am planning to do file reviews if I don't hear from them. They don't start scheduling until after the beginning of May though.

I would say that requesting a file review wouldn't hurt. It might even help them to see that you are actively interested in attending their program?

Thanks for the responses, I'm going to contact Western tonight to set up a file review.

Last edited:
Me too! I wanted to see if you knew where you were on the waiting list because if you're in front of me and you hear first then I know it's moving!!

I'm not exactly near the front of the wait list, unfortunately. I'm #14 right now. What about you?

Guys, this is getting serious... 3 more days.... O_O I bet half of us (but probably not myself) are getting calls on Wednesday... Can't wait!

I am #25 at Iowa State. This is my only school option yet, so I'm happy to see the waitlist is moving. I am OOS and waiting for that call!

I'm super nervous.....I'm sitting on Illinois' wait list (#?) and cannot WAIT until Tuesday....

Do you think its inappropriate to call and inquire on wait list status? As in, if they've even started making calls, etc

I'm super nervous.....I'm sitting on Illinois' wait list (#?) and cannot WAIT until Tuesday....

Do you think its inappropriate to call and inquire on wait list status? As in, if they've even started making calls, etc
I think that's fine. Especially if you call the admission office rather than the dean/ director of admissions. Just ask if they have started making any calls to OOS applicants :)

Do it, do it, do it. Haha, just cuz I'm too chicken to do it myself. I'm putting my Midwestern deposit down tomorrow and praying I get called off of Illinois's waitlist before that happens.

I would caution you about calling Illinois. As far as I know of from last year, they will not release your waitlist ranking. Best of luck to all of the waitlist hopefuls!!!!!!

For those of you who just got off waitlists, what do you recommend saying to the school you originally accepted the offer from as you were waiting to hopefully get off the waitlist?

Do it, do it, do it. Haha, just cuz I'm too chicken to do it myself. I'm putting my Midwestern deposit down tomorrow and praying I get called off of Illinois's waitlist before that happens.
I already put my deposit down on Purdue and eating that $1000 would suck if I got off the list, but in the end I would save money going to WSU. I was sure that if there was a day I would get a waitlist call it would be the day after I put my deposit down XD didn't happen lol

For those of you who just got off waitlists, what do you recommend saying to the school you originally accepted the offer from as you were waiting to hopefully get off the waitlist?

I just told schools that I was sorry for the inconvenience, but I was recently accepted to a school that was a better fit for me or something along those lines. All the schools were supportive and thanked me for letting them know quickly so they could offer the spots to someone else.

Hey everyone rooting for Iowa State!!! I was 34 on the wait-list last year and as far as I know, Iowa accepts at least 60 or more off their wait-list each year. No promises, but a lot of you have a really good chance and congrats for making it this far! I'm a soon-to-be 2nd year looking for a cool 1st year to be one of my roommates! I own a double-wide mobile home within walking distance to the vet school. (10 min walk, 5 min bike ride). I have a large bedroom with a walk-in closet up for rent. $425 a month if you pay 6 months at a time, otherwise $450 a month. Utilities are split 3 ways. It's a nice place with a deck on the back and next to a small creek. No cats as I already have 2 of my own and another girl has 4 chinchillas. We can discuss other pets, but may have a full house. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested. Thanks and good luck!!!

We might as well congratulate you on getting into Minnesota now ;) That's awesome to be #1!
Thanks! Thats where I really want to go but UF is the better financial choice. Just want to know where my life will take me already

You'll have no problem getting into Minnesota. They accepted up to ~#56 off the OOS waitlist last year. It's that outrageous OOS tuition...
Thanks! Thats what I figured. Honestly thats where I want to go but it doesnt make the most financial sense. I see that you go to UMinn now? How do yo like it so far??

Thanks! Thats where I really want to go but UF is the better financial choice. Just want to know where my life will take me already
That will be a tough choice!! My waitlist school (WSU) is my top choice AND cheaper... Which probably means they won't need to make many calls and I won't be so lucky :(. Your situation is a good one to have! It's nice to have options.

Thanks! Thats what I figured. Honestly thats where I want to go but it doesnt make the most financial sense. I see that you go to UMinn now? How do yo like it so far??
I love it here! And I did choose here over a cheaper option, although the ultimate price difference for me was not too ridiculously huge (especially since going here made it more convenient to do my MPH than if I'd gone to the cheaper school). I don't regret my decision. Although ask me in three years when I'm getting close to starting those loan payments and I may say differently...

Hey all- so does anybody know if we can call UGA and get our waitlist # tomorrow, or do they send it out by a certain day? I'm positive I'm not #1-10 or anything but I just need to know already! hah thanks!

Does anyone know if UF or Mizzou will release waitlist numbers after the 15th?

I know with Mizzou there aren't waitlist numbers yet (the admissions committee apparently will remeet after the 15th and review all candidates on the waitlist)

Let me know if anyone knows. I am on two waitlist and neither will tell me where I am on the list!

I don't think they normally will release waitlist numbers for Mizzou, but it won't hurt to call and ask :) One of my friends did manage to find out her waitlist number last year and did get called off in May/June. Two other of my friends got called off right after the April 15th deadline and then another in June. Don't give up hope. Kittyy!

any news on how MN IS wait list moves? I am feeling very uncertain with an exceptionally low wait list spot :( ...especially because I assume the IS wait list moves a lot slower than the OS list...Any info would be so appreciated. Hope would be more valuable as this is the only waitlist available. And more than anything posting a "got in" would be a dream come true...

I've got my fingers crossed that I will see bunches and bunches of names show up here! Good luck, everyone! :D

Is anyone else starting to get all of those feelings that we had back in February??

Reactions: 8 users
any news on how MN IS wait list moves? I am feeling very uncertain with an exceptionally low wait list spot :( ...especially because I assume the IS wait list moves a lot slower than the OS list...Any info would be so appreciated. Hope would be more valuable as this is the only waitlist available. And more than anything posting a "got in" would be a dream come true...
Someone said they typically go to #20-25, but I can't say for sure...