#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Weill Cornell

Interesting. I never imagined them as a "reinventionist" type school.

On slightly unrelated note about them I was watching something by the director of admissions (or someone like that) from Cornell and she was saying one of the biggest app killers is when people talk about their love of Ithaca and upstate NY in their "Why Cornell?" essay. Make sure to research your schools guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting. I never imagined them as a "reinventionist" type school.

On slightly unrelated note about them I was watching something by the director of admissions (or someone like that) from Cornell and she was saying one of the biggest app killers is when people talk about their love of Ithaca and upstate NY in their "Why Cornell?" essay. Make sure to research your schools guys!

Don't know why it's so interesting many schools in the same tier say the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just discovered this thread. SO SO SO SO happy I did

Reactions: 4 users
U should've said, "What is dead may never die!" Lol I think of us as the Iron-Born
I was alive once! I recently found my old hospital ID card from when I started volunteering as a sophomore. I had so much light in my eyes. There was so much hope in my youthful face. Now my face bears the scars of four waitlists and many more rejections.

I was alive once! I recently found my old hospital ID card from when I started volunteering as a sophomore. I had so much light in my eyes. There was so much hope in my youthful face. Now my face bears the scars of four waitlists and many more rejections.

lol why is this consuming ur life so much? Most ppl lick their wounds and move forward...

Reactions: 1 users
Hold The Door :(

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Hey, who's on all those ships sailing away?"
"Accepted medical students. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get on one next time..."
images

Reactions: 11 users
It's satire. I'm am moving forward. And it's consuming my life because it's extremely important to me.

Ok whatever helps you get through it... I just feel like ur situation isn't that bad u had four wait lists...and u'll prob get in during this upcoming cycle. Maybe timing just wasn't on ur side. There are students who had worse outcomes....not trying to start an argument I just feel that we can make this thread more positive and helpful for students who are trying to improve their app for this upcoming cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I've never seen the game of thrones and everybody and their brother keeps saying this. I have literally no idea what it means
I loved the books. That lazy piece of crap has an incredible imagination!

EDIT: Omg lol you said the game of thrones... that's almost like my mom saying the facebook

Ok whatever helps you get through it... I just feel like ur situation isn't that bad u had four wait lists...and u'll prob get in during this upcoming cycle. Maybe timing just wasn't on ur side. There are students who had worse outcomes....not trying to start an argument I just feel that we can make this thread more positive and helpful for students who are trying to improve their app for this upcoming cycle.

I tend to think that's the majority of this thread! I certainly hope I get in.

I loved the books. That lazy piece of crap has an incredible imagination!

EDIT: Omg lol you said the game of thrones... that's almost like my mom saying the facebook
You know what I mean! :) Everyone I know says it's right up my alley but the whole medieval thing just doesn't appeal to me...perhaps I'll give it a shot someday.

You know what I mean! :) Everyone I know says it's right up my alley but the whole medieval thing just doesn't appeal to me...perhaps I'll give it a shot someday.
Thanks for the laugh, banana. It's more like medieval meets scifi with a heck of a lot of twists. I hate to sound like one of those people--but the books are better. Still can't wait for the next episode every week though. You'll love it.

Thanks for the laugh, banana. It's more like medieval meets scifi with a heck of a lot of twists. I hate to sound like one of those people--but the books are better. Still can't wait for the next episode every week though. You'll love it.
I love sci-fi. I pretty much know the plot now that so many people that I know watch it/read it! My parents know one of the actors on the show; I figure I ought to watch it at some point.

Random cat cuteness...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1464232653635.jpg
    FB_IMG_1464232653635.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 6 users

Wait, GoT is in no way SciFi haha. It's fantasy.

story of all the people on the waitlist when they call adcom

I have the first 3 audiobooks of Game of Thrones but haven't listened to them yet nor watched the show. Maybe I will start soon.

Wow, you guys. GoT has been one of my many distractions during this long arduous process. Especially lately, I've been doing just about anything to ignore the fact that I haven't heard from my WLs. I'm kinda surprised anyone here has missed it. Jump on the wagon! You have some binge watching to do ;)

I love sci-fi. I pretty much know the plot now that so many people that I know watch it/read it! My parents know one of the actors on the show; I figure I ought to watch it at some point.
That's pretty cool! Which actor do they know?

I've never had a migraine in my life and had the pleasure of experiencing one for the first time last night/this morning....another benefit of WL craziness?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

It's almost the end of May :(
No it's not. Pretty soon I'll wake up screaming only to realize that it's mid-September 2015, I have five upcoming interviews, and this whole year was a dream.
*Cut to therapy scene*
"It was horrible, doctor. It was so...real. I didn't get my first interview until December and then they just kept waitlisting me."
"And how did that make you feel?"
"It was terrifying. Like a never-ending nightmare. I'm so glad it's over."
"I'm going to write you a prescription. This should help with your nightmares."
The psychiatrist hands me a folded piece of paper. I unfold the prescription, revealing in scrawled handwriting:
"We are pleased to offer you a position on the waitlist."
*Wakes up screaming in front of AMCAS 2017 application*

Reactions: 18 users
No it's not. Pretty soon I'll wake up screaming only to realize that it's mid-September 2015, I have five upcoming interviews, and this whole year was a dream.
*Cut to therapy scene*
"It was horrible, doctor. It was so...real. I didn't get my first interview until December and then they just kept waitlisting me."
The psychiatrist hands me a folded piece of paper. I unfold the prescription, revealing in scrawled handwriting:

I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD! This is the stuff my "dreams" (more aptly named nightmares) are made of. I swear, every night I dream of getting in, getting a call, or hearing the news. I've stressed myself to sickness now. Oh well, I'll take vapor rub and ExamKrackers for the day for $2000 Alex! This is definitely an emotional ROLLER COASTER! I would give a pinky toe to get in this cycle. Maybe not. But I'd sure think LONG AND HARD ABOUT IT! Don't mind me guys, I'm just rambling. Anything that helps right?

I'm glad I found this thread because now I know I'm not the only one completely losing it

*Cut to therapy scene*
*Looks at date. It has been stuck at May 31 for the past week...*

I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD! This is the stuff my "dreams" (more aptly named nightmares) are made of. I swear, every night I dream of getting in, getting a call, or hearing the news. I've stressed myself to sickness now. Oh well, I'll take vapor rub and ExamKrackers for the day for $2000 Alex! This is definitely an emotional ROLLER COASTER! I would give a pinky toe to get in this cycle. Maybe not. But I'd sure think LONG AND HARD ABOUT IT! Don't mind me guys, I'm just rambling. Anything that helps right?

I see your pinky toe and raise you all of my extremities and my soul (or what's left of it, at least).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I see your pinky toe and raise you all of my extremities and my soul (or what's left of it, at least).

@bananafish94 You crack me up! Thank you! It's nice to know I have a fellow person who has already given away some of their soul for these darn committees!

Last edited:
@bananafish94 u are really funny man. I read ur story post on the amcas nightmare. That exactly details this entire process. And I've gone through the amcas app three times , with completing secondaries twice.

So many years. So much money.

So for those of us who are on wait lists and facing reapplication imminently, I have a question. If I submit AMCAS on June 7th and only add one school just to get verified as soon as possible, can I wait to add all of the other schools until July, just to be give myself a little more time to see if I get off a wait list before I dump several hundred extra dollars into reapplication? As long as all of the schools are added before AMCAS sends my application out, it shouldn't make a difference, right? I ask because I suggested this plan to my premed advisor and she kinda freaked out at me and said that it would be a big risk. :confused:

Howard got back to me with an update.

Basically, right now if I get accepted, it would be to a wait list, and they don't expect many people to get off the wait list.

So basically it seems like it's a no. I can't stop crying. I thought this was it guys. I thought Howard was the one.

So for those of us who are on wait lists and facing reapplication imminently, I have a question. If I submit AMCAS on June 7th and only add one school just to get verified as soon as possible, can I wait to add all of the other schools until July, just to be give myself a little more time to see if I get off a wait list before I dump several hundred extra dollars into reapplication? As long as all of the schools are added before AMCAS sends my application out, it shouldn't make a difference, right? I ask because I suggested this plan to my premed advisor and she kinda freaked out at me and said that it would be a big risk. :confused:

Yes you can start writing your secondaries early if you look at past prompts on SDN ...so ur turn around time would still be quick.

Or u can call your waitlist school and ask about the chances of u getting accepted this cycle and gauge from there.

If everything is verified and you add the school, the med school usually sends you an email with the secondary within a couple of days. Sometimes I got one within a couple of hours.

If I were in ur position I would prob just add all of the schools. I mean letting one school mess ur timeline for this upcoming cycle isn't worth it so I see ur advisor's point. It's up to u.

How is this a risk? This is clearly the best option and it is what I am planning to do. Your primary isn't even sent to schools til July anyway.

@bananafish94 u are really funny man. I read ur story post on the amcas nightmare. That exactly details this entire process. And I've gone through the amcas app three times , with completing secondaries twice.

So many years. So much money.

I've done this three times. I am so sad.